Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

increase trigger rates for maycast heals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2012
I went and spent the time to get a full heal may cast pet with sprite queen sprite healing current and unicorn and just went through 5 boss battles all of which I lost because my pet didn't heal even one time. So I looked around to find out that the trigger rates for the heals were lowered because some PvP whinos complained that it broke the game. So I think it should be raised back to where it was, and that kingsisle should stop listening to complaints if their main reason is it makes PvP longer. Make pets maycast heals great again!!!!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP whino here. Can you please explain to me why my Pvp concerns should be written off? Last I checked, I paid my membership fees just like everyone else.

P.S-If you're blaming RNG pet casts for your losses it might be time to look at your strategy.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
MC heals already trivialize the game. No thanks.

And PvP zeroeth. Even breaking PvP is enough of a reason.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
simple fix, pet's Power Stat... every 10 points = 1%, so 250 (commonly highest) is 25% your pet would cast a maycast, basically it will maycast 1/4 turns

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There's no indication that the change to pet casts, which by the way happened years ago, was the result of winos, PvP or otherwise. Professor Drake said on this forum it was his decision because frequent casts were "too disruptive in combat". I took that to mean that with so many different may cast talents now, and 5 rather than the original 4 talents, the designers thought fights would be slowed down too much if ALL those things were going off as frequently as they did when there was only spritely.

Some people complained that nerfing was unfair, some wanted it, many played on without being aware of it. It's my observation that almost every complaint thread takes the form of "KI, you must buff [thing I have] and nerf [thing my opponants have]" I'd bet that they've learned to filter that ;)

If you are depending solely on pet heals to keep you alive questing, you might want to rethink your strategy. I love my healing pets, but they are a bonus, not something I count on. It's "may-cast" talents, not "will-cast".

I'd like to see Unicorn a little more often. The other heals seem okay as they are.