Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Improve Backpack Butler please

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I would gladly pay serious (very serious) Crowns for a backpack butler upgrade that would allow:
- move anything on the list from one location to another within the butler
- show the name and level and school of the pets and allow sorting by any of the categories
- allow pet search by manifested talent
- show tabs for all wizards on the account
this would save me so much time.

I would name this butler Alfred, but it could also be nameable, in the dye shop.

anyone else? what am I missing?

1) Moving items from one location to another would be hard. Also, if you move an item from one house to another, where would the item go in the new house?

2) Displaying pet name and level and searching by manifested talent is possible. When I have time, perhaps I could add some pet searching improvements.

3) Showing all wizards on the account is hard because the game wasn't structured that way.

Arthur (Gary)

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
ChicoValerian on May 23, 2022 wrote:
I would gladly pay serious (very serious) Crowns for a backpack butler upgrade that would allow:
- show the name and level and school of the pets and allow sorting by any of the categories

I would name this butler Alfred, but it could also be nameable, in the dye shop.

Jewels

Defender
May 22, 2012
ChicoValerian on May 23, 2022 wrote:

Please do NOT encourage them for basic updates that we pay even for than membership fees. Hint to KI some of us have been LOYAL members, some with more than 1 account for perhaps a decade and a second for close to that!!! Improve the game we pay membership for not charge us more

I'm a long term player and the backpack butler is one of the best upgrades. It is still something needing upgrades too. It should be able to search:

Jewels: where are they on that wiz through the Butler. which house and if inside/out

Pets: Searchable via talents. We know the Kiosk 5 talent search was wonky. However the 4 talent search function was awesome and worked. Let us use that for our own pets in our own houses. No changes needed to the Pet Pavilion kiosk.

Seed Vaults: Just like Jewel Vaults: Let us explore them further from the backpack Butler. Let us know which "vault" has how many items inside them along with the search. Lets us see seed vaults as numbered vaults on a wizard. so let's say I want to see vaults 1,3 and 5 in side my bank, I can gather them and add/remove similar seeds in easier. Maybe remove seeds while inside the bank.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on May 23, 2022 wrote:
1) Moving items from one location to another would be hard. Also, if you move an item from one house to another, where would the item go in the new house?

2) Displaying pet name and level and searching by manifested talent is possible. When I have time, perhaps I could add some pet searching improvements.

3) Showing all wizards on the account is hard because the game wasn't structured that way.

Arthur (Gary)
Arthur, thank you for looking at this, very helpful. Backpack Butler *IS* one of the best added features in ages.

regarding 1) ah, good point. Even just the ability to move from its existing location to the attic would be very helpful.

2) would be awesome!

3) understood and not essential to the core idea.

:)

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I'd love to have a better backpack butler but the backpack butler is just a band-aid on the huge problem of storage in wiz. I think KI should be considering more generally the storage issues. There must be 100x more items in the game than in the early days and yet our storage has not even doubled.

Many of us spend way too much time trying to store stuff, cramming items into vaults here there and everywhere, then trying to store the vaults when more vaults are needed. We really need more storage and simpler storage. If our bank had 1000 items, if vaults stored 1000 items, if we had proper pet storage instead of millions of pet dump houses with 50 pets wandering around, then our need for the backpack butler and more bells and whistles on it would be much less because we could store stuff in an organized way that makes sense. Need a gem? Look in your ONE gem vault that carries 1000 gems, don't run around to each house and ransack your attic looking through a bunch of vaults. Need a pet? Look in your ONE pet vault that stores 1000 pets and has search features. The small size of the vaults--a seed vault doesn't even hold enough seeds to plant a full garden--and the one per house limit makes it very unnecessarily hard to keep things organized. It's really tedious to move stuff between vaults and I've given up trying to have any kind of organization. Also, we have no way to label our vaults. That doesn't help either.

Considering how much the cost of computer storage has plummeted since wiz started, I can only think that all of this is meant to somehow squeeze more money out of players, but KI needs to consider what happens when players have no space to store stuff. Why buy packs or the scroll of fortune when instead of looking forward to the prizes you are just thinking where am I going to put all that and how long will it take me to find the space for it? Why make more pets when there is no space to keep more pets? Why play wiz when I'll just spend my time cleaning out and looking for stuff?