Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you were to add a new spell to wizard101.....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
What would it be? please post in the comments your ideas!

Make sure you include the following:

Spell name

How many pips it would cost

What the spell animation(or animations) would look like

What school could obtain it

How much damage it would deal

And how many enemies it would damage

And remember, BE CREATIVE :D

The spell card doesn't have to be a single creature, it could be a trap, a treasure card, or it could be multiple creatures! (similar to ninja pig)

Here is mine:

Name:Fire Knight

Pips: 3

Animation: A whirlwind of fire particles spin around the middle of the match, then a explosion happens and a flame knight is standing in the middle. They then rush forward and swing their sword at a random enemy.

Damage- 150-200

School: Fire

Now its your turn!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I don't have all those details worked out, but I definitely think Death needs a DoT that also heals the wizard over time as well. That seems perfect for the Death school (yet Fire has something like it?). It could be called Leech or something like that.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2008
Headless Horseman.

Yeah, we all saw this one coming.

Name: Headless Horseman
Level: 118
Pips: 7 and 1 Shadow
School: Death
Damage: 1180 and swap half to health and -65% Weakness on one enemy.
Animation: A dead, creepy looking tree is shown on screen. The tree's trunk suddenly opens , and a horse with a man on it rides out of it. It stops near the opponent and walks towards him/her. The rider takes off his head, and the horse stands on 2 legs while eerily neighing, with the night sky in the background. This is when blades, shields, traps and what not activate. The rider raises his head, and energy comes out of the opponent into his head. He then puts his head back on and rides back into the tree. The tree starts glowing, and the same energy taken from the opponent is given to the caster as health.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Spell name:

How many pips it would cost: 7 and MUST have a shadow pip

What the spell animation(or animations) would look like: There is a desert land (without sand, like a crusty earth) the wizard casting the spell with have the animation of our wizard bending down, putting their hands on the crusty earth, and the earth shakes a little with little tiny pieces of grass growing, then flowers, and trees. One of the trees are alive and I jump on the alive tree, the tree pulls off a branch, and hit every enemy, and I get the branch and attacks again giving them all a dispel life and storm.

What school could obtain it: , level 118

How much damage it would deal: 780-810 damage then 400-420 damage ONLY, giving them a dispel &

And how many enemies it would damage: All enemies, twice.

I would just love to see an animation of my own wizard on a tree and both of us attacking. Just pure awesomeness.

Hunter Lifebreeze Level 77

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
I think i might just drop a few things here, this looks like it could be fun!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Spell Name: Double Trouble!

Level gained: 118

School:

Pip Cost: 7 + 1

Effect: Summon a ghost minion of yourself which mimics your stats and card layout exactly, attacking with them at random *Item cards and TCs do not apply*.

Reason: (I know most people would disagree about Myth needing yet another minion spell, but i can't help but feel a clone minion should have been introduced far sooner, if even at slightly reduced stats. )

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Spell Name: Physical Attack

School: (In other words, whatever school your wizard is )

Pip Cost: 0

Effect: Basically a wand hit for wandless players at 40 damage. Because who doesn't want to slap/kick whatever bad guy they're up against?

Animation: Rush forward, and i guess you can figure out the rest.

Reason: (Just a thing that isn't exactly necessary, but might just be fun to be able to do.)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
Superior Judgement
Balance
X Rank + 1 Shadow Pip
175 damage per pip and -50% Weakness

Compared to other Shadow-Enhamced spells, this is not overpowered. The damage could even be 200 damage per pip.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
hello, I've thought of something that might be cool..

spell name: Spiral's Blessing/curse

spell type:/

description: cast 4 random positive effects to all friends and 4 random negative effects to all enemies. (Positive- brilliant light , +750 , blade for school specific wizard , legion shield, accuracy, spirit armor, pierce blade for school specific wizard, heal over time +400over 3 rounds, +2 pips, cleanse charm/cleanse ward [ 4 random of the 10 ]. (negative- plague, virulent plague, mass infection, smoke screen, blinding light, pierce/disarm, 700 damage, 400 damage DOT over 3 rounds, lose 3 pips [ 4 random of the 8 ].

NOTE: positive; only 1 of the 2 heals can be chosen in the casted effect, not affected by outgoing stat, (if brilliant was chosen in random pick along with healing, then healing would take effect before brilliant is casted).

negative; only 1 of the plagues and/or damage could/can be chosen in the casted effect, damage doesn't affect shadow damage dealt. [( PVP, 1 plague and/or damage)]. (if positive blade was chosen, blade for example, it would be casted after damage is dealt to enemies so blade wont be used, if accuracy was chosen for positive, it would be the very last spell casted so it wont be used from the other spells used).

pip cost: 4 (maybe 5, 6) pips, 1 shadow pip.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
Mirandaassassin II on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
I think i might just drop a few things here, this looks like it could be fun!
Spell Name: Double Trouble!

School:

Pip Cost: 7 + 1

Effect: Summon a ghost minion of yourself which mimics your stats and card layout exactly, attacking with them at random *Item cards and TCs do not apply*.

Reason: (I know most people would disagree about Myth needing yet another minion spell, but i can't help but feel a clone minion should have been introduced far sooner, if even at slightly reduced stats. )

Spell Name: Physical Attack

School: (In other words, whatever school your wizard is )

Pip Cost: 0

Effect: Basically a wand hit for wandless players at 40 damage. Because who doesn't want to slap/kick whatever bad guy they're up against?

Animation: Rush forward, and i guess you can figure out the rest.

Reason: (Just a thing that isn't exactly necessary, but might just be fun to be able to do.)
hello,

this "minion spell". I could swear its about exactly like an idea I had once thought of. the way its put, is just shocking to see because its nearly/exact as my idea of it. i'm stunned to see this idea most similar to my idea I had of this subject not too long ago .

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I have two.

Reinforcement
sun school
no animation
doubles the number of shields when attacked to shield card of any school
no pips

Legionnaire
Myth school
no animation
one pip
similar to the spell windstorm (storm); gives each opponent one +30 trap

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Oooh ooh! I know one!

Name: Morphing Madness
Pip cost: 3 pips
Level: Maybe around zafaria or avalon.
School:
Effect: The card would say "Randomly polymorphs all teammates" But it's effect would be that all you're teammates would be morphed into a random creature depending on the polymorphs you have studied (No shifts). It's says the ones you have STUDIED so they don't necesarily need to be in you're deck for them to appear on one of you're friends or your self. This card is at your own risk so be careful if you transform you're healer into a gobbler. MINIONS are affected also
Animation: After you cast the spell, you will morph into a random creature (If you're second, third or fourth then anyone before you will morph also). If someone is after you then they will cast the spell they where going to use, and THEN morph, not before. So if one of your friends casts let's say rebirth then he/she would cast it, gives it's effects and all that and when the animation ends, they morph.

Sounds complicated but fun . I would use it when i'm soloing!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I could use a death school spell that deals one death damage to everyone and everything on the battle field. It Gets rid of traps on us, and shields on them. It would leave other elemental traps, prisms, wards, blades, charms and weakness alone. Death already has spells that hurt the caster, I have found ways to use this self harm to my advantage. I think such a utility spell could easily cost zero pips. Such a utility spell would have a very specific use, but then so does doom and gloom.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Spell Name: Winter Spirit

School:

Pip Cost: 8 + 1

Level Gained: 118

Effect: Steal all wards and than 1000-1050 damage (This means it steals the wards first and than it attacks)

Animation: A blizzard is going on and everything is dark. A snowman is visible, but besides all the snow, that's really it. A white cloak wearing hooded figure walks out of the blizzard, holding a staff with a snowflake on top. The spirit than holds out its staff, and guides the shields toward the caster. If there are no shields, this part of the animation is skipped. At this time, blades traps and what not go off. Than, the spirit holds out it's staff again, and points it at the enemy. The blizzard is focused into a flurry, and the snowman dissipates, it's snow becoming part of the flurry. The spirit than shoots all the snow at the enemy, dealing damage, and than the spell disappears.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell Name: Yeti

School:

Pip Cost: 9 + 1

Level Gained: 128

Effect: 900- 950 damage to all enemies and -40 legion shield

Animation: It's snowing lightly and we see a small cave in the mountains. Than, a yeti climbs out of the cave, having to duck out, being too big for the cave's entrance, but only about two times bigger than the player. He than looks at the enemy and roars. This is when the blades and traps and what not would go off. The yeti than couples his hands together, walks up to the enemy, and slams his hands on the enemy, dealing damage. It than moves to the next enemy, blades traps and what not go off, yeti couples hands, walks up, and slams. It than repeats until all enemies have been attacked. The spell than disappears and the legion shield is cast.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2014
Spell Name: Hecatonchires (Hundred handed ones if you are not familiar with Greek Mythology)
School:
Pip cost: X + 1
Effect: Does 50 initial damage and then hits with 185 per per pip
Animation: A six handed cyclops looking figure joys the ground causing an earth quake animation, followed by it it throwing a large hammer at the target.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2014
Spell name: Lockness Monster
School:
Pip cost: 7 + 1
Effect: 1,500 dmg to one enemy and additional 500 to all enemies. This spell is much like sun serpent or avenging fossil.
Animation: Underwater (kinda like storm Triton) Large blue green Lochness Monster swims over, hits the target with its front fins sorta like abominable weaver, then turns around and hits all with its back fins.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Spell Name: It's Alive!!!!! Again...

Pips: 8 pips, and 2

Stats: 1840 damage and you gain 75% back from the enemy, and puts a -40% weakness and a -75% healing charm on the person. Then puts a +30% death blade on you. Puts a 450 overtime on him.

Animation: Dr. Von comes back from the dead, but he has some robot parts and newfound strength. This time he picks up the cat doctor, and throws him across a room. He then uses the lighting to shock the enemy.

Spell Name: Life is Everything

School: Life

Pips: 8 pips, 2

Stats: 1050-1150 to all enemies and gives everyone a 900 (Over 3 rounds heal) Then puts a +30% healing charm and life blade on you

Animation: Gnomes, Forest lord, Spinysaur appear in the same animation all use their special powers to attack to enemy at once.

Spell Name: Gone with the Wind

School: Storm

Pips: x pips, x

Stats: 115 per pip + 400 per shadow pip, then takes all the enemies blades off (Single Attack) and puts a +30% storm blade on the person. Also give you a +20% resist boost for 4 rounds.

Animation: A lighting strike hits a dead stormzilla. The stormzilla shocks to life and then it explodes into a ball of lighting damaging the enemy.

Spell Name: Odysseus

Pips: 8 pips, 2

Stats: 1100 to all enemies and takes all their blades and shields, (no traps are taken off) gives play a +30% myth blade, and stuns for 2 rounds, stun immune or not, and does not give them any stun shields

Animation: A weird looking wizard comes up out of a ship. He battles the Scylla and his attack misses and hits all the enemies.

Hero
May 07, 2015
spell name:dragon flame

school:fire

level learned: 63

pips: 10

stats:2000&4000

animation: a lone wizard is standing in the middle of the ring then a swirl of magic comes up and out of the ring and burns the wizard then the wizard grows wings magic then wraps around the enemy sucking the magic out of them then gives the back to the caster double the amont of the damage

Survivor
Dec 01, 2014
Spell Name: Aquarius' Fury
School:
Level Learned: 112
Pips: 8 + 1
Stats: 2080-2280 + either storm blade to self of storm trap to enemy
Animation: A calm stream is flowing through an enchanted forest and Aquarius appears. He then fills his urn and either sends and huge stream of water to the enemy or throws his urn into the air and releases a waterfall from it at the enemy depending on the damage dealt.
Tyler Mist Level 44

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Spell name: Sentry Spirit

How many pips it would cost: 12

What the spell animation(or animations) would look like: Wings fluttering around allies

What school could obtain it: Life

How much damage it would deal: None, it will apply "Guardian Spirit" to all allies

And how many enemies it would damage: All ally spell

Survivor
May 22, 2015
Spell name: Burning

It would cost: 6 pips + 1 shadow pip

The spell animation would be: A house is on fire after a second or two it explode and a raging giant comes out of the flames and then hits all of the enemies, Leaving a -35% accuracy on all the enemies.

School:

Damage: 1175

All enemies

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Name: The Ultimate Curse

School: Shadow no arena use

Pips: 1

Level: 105

Description: It's like the global spells. The outer ring will start out like a small forest scene, and as each round passes it decays and becomes slightly more apocalyptic with ghosts and stuff popping up around the place. After is expires it all gets sucked into to the center (like that myth spell that switches everything with minion) and a tons shadowy tendrils erupt from the ground and hit the wizard.

What it does: This spell is a four round global effect. It gives every person in the duel (including monsters) a 45% attack buff and 20% pierce, and if the duel doesn't end before the three rounds are over, the spell expires and instantly kills the wizard who cast it. No chance of survival.

Why? This is a spell meant for those who are needing that extra attack buff to finish off an opponent, but it adds a little more risk. I think it'd make duels a lot more fun, and risky. It's like using insane bolt, but everyone gets a shot at it.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
We need some lower level spells on this page

Spell Name: Pip Fuse

School: Balance

Pip Cost : 1

Level : 54

Description:
Your magic pairs up all of the non power pips in your hand, and fuses them, becoming power pips.

The cost is reduced before the fuse, so if you have seven pips, you will end up with 3 power pips.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Br4dley02 on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Superior Judgement
Balance
X Rank + 1 Shadow Pip
175 damage per pip and -50% Weakness

Compared to other Shadow-Enhamced spells, this is not overpowered. The damage could even be 200 damage per pip.
slightly op, 160 per pip. 175 would put it on par with storm's owl for damage.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
critical leech:
fire school
cost 1 shadow pip
aoe
puts a 6 round shadow dot effect on all enemies (0 damage)
while active: critical hits on target heal caster 20% of damage done.

-------
guardian fortress:
ice school
cost 1 shadow pip
self
puts a 6 round aura (like guardian spirit only shadowy) on caster that stops any aoe from progressing past the caster.

--------
impenetrable fortress
storm school
cost 1 shadow pip
self
puts a shadowy halo around casters head. prevents both negative and positive effects on caster from being removed for 3 turns, also prevents new negative effects from being placed on caster.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Spell Name: Eat Food (Wizards need to eat food too! Not just pets!)
School: (Piggle Icon)
Cost: 2 Shadow Pips and 7 Normal Pips
Effect: Removes one pet snack from your inventory and decreases your stats by how bad the pet snack is for the rest of your life.
Animation: You polymorph into a Gobbler and you eat your pet snack, then you polymorph back with decreased stats.
Level Learned: When your wizard reaches Ultra.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Spell Name: Call from the Grave
Cost: 4 pips
Obtained from: Finishing Colossal Blvd
Spell Effect: 205-245 Damage to all enemies + -20% damage to next attack to all enemies.
Animation: Mist rolls in with a backdrop of a graveyard, skeletal hands start reaching up from the ground grabbing the enemies.

Spell Name: Call of the Wild
Cost: 4 pips
School: Life
Obtained from: Finishing Colossal Blvd
Spell Effect: 145-190 Damage to All enemies + Adds 300 heal absorb shield to all allies.
Animation: A forest appears in the middle of the field and eyes glow from within the forest, A army of sprites and woodland creatures come out of the forest and assault the target, while the sprites are casting protective magics on the party.