Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to finally type numbers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
So me and my friends want to be able to type numbers in the regular chat, right? And Kingsisle won't let that happen because they don't want people giving out their phone numbers to random strangers, so I have come up with a compromise. Simply, have three levels of chat restrictions in the parental controls section. The first is not allowing open chat at all, the second is one that is somewhat restricted, such as phone numbers and such, and the third allows numbers for more responsible teens or adults. Naturally still no swearing or other profanity is allowed, but it would be nice to have the option open for the older people playing the game.

What do you all think? Should the idea be improved, or is it bad all together?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Finnigan Thunderha... on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
So me and my friends want to be able to type numbers in the regular chat, right? And Kingsisle won't let that happen because they don't want people giving out their phone numbers to random strangers, so I have come up with a compromise. Simply, have three levels of chat restrictions in the parental controls section. The first is not allowing open chat at all, the second is one that is somewhat restricted, such as phone numbers and such, and the third allows numbers for more responsible teens or adults. Naturally still no swearing or other profanity is allowed, but it would be nice to have the option open for the older people playing the game.

What do you all think? Should the idea be improved, or is it bad all together?
There is another chat for this and it's called open chat. People 18 years or older who have payed can type anything they want except for a few words.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
There is already a way to type and read numbers. You have to change the setting in your profile here somewhere - I think it requires buying something but I am not sure.

Hopefully someone else remembers the exact details. I just wanted to tell you that there is already a way.

As you noted they have a reason to discourage some words.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
An extra level of filter is an interesting approach. I fail to see how this would be an issue, all users currently with Open Chat would keep it, and a new option, maybe Free Chat, would be made available in the parental control settings. This new filter should certainly be more relaxed, if not simply allowing everything, however it's understandable for KI to still block vulgar and insulting language. Any text said by someone with Free Chat should be shown as an ellipsis to all players without Free Chat. Of course, new icons would be of order. I imagine such an idea being implemented may take a while, but it's definitely something KI should keep in mind.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
the average phone number is 7 digits at least, correct me if i'm wrong..... so if you type pass 5 digits, it goes unavailable to type.. 5 digits is enough to say every boss's health minus maybe mailstare but.... and make it where, you cant spam numbers, like 12654 x 16468 x 92464 x 45532 or something like that

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
KI doesn't just need to add numbers, they need to add a few more words. These words have no reason to be blocked because they can't be abused.

• grape (cause of the plants)
  • glitching (cause games glitch- especially this one)
  • beat (people do races with mounts and it would be nice to say I beat you!)
  • deck (I was making a video to teach people how to do a million damage and I said "lemme show you my deck... it took me like 1 minute to come up with an alternative {spells})

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Camahawk I think people could get around that easily enough by just saying it in more than one bubble.