Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I want to help my menu chat friends but can't.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
Hello again.

I have been trying to help a young Storm School wizard to make improvements in her gear (she's level 17 and wears level 5 gear ).She has no pet or mount. All I can do is ask her to port to the bazaar and offer her a treasure card trade. Of course she can't know exactly what my intentions are. Many menu chat players don't exactly understand I am not asking for TC. I just want to help pay for her new gear. It makes things tenuous between us if she thinks I'm begging.

I can't express to her exactly what gear I would suggest. I can't put on gear and then tell her that my set would work for her. This is made even worse if the gear is not available to me but is ideal for her. This could cause some newer players, especially young ones, to give up because they just can't win battles often enough unless someone carries them through. Parents enable Menu chat to protect their kids, so it stands to reason that they may not be allowed to look it up elsewhere. Protecting children is why KI designed Menu Chat. As an experienced player and a parent, I can see how my child could be missing out if there isn't some way for a helpful player to guide them in choices along the way.

Thank You, Scarlet D.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2018
I can see why you would want to help but unfortunately it's difficult even with Open Chat because players often just don't want to listen. I tried to help out a level 22 Storm player yesterday who had problems with fizzling and was saying that Storm is terrible etc. I think Storm is great but you HAVE to learn how to use it. A lot of his gear was for level 15+ and he had nothing to improve his accuracy, when I suggested he check for better gear he just repeatedly told me that he didn't buy Crown items no matter how many times I said that that wasn't what I was saying.

It's great that Diego helps you out with spells, maybe it's time for a new NPC that explains how to use your gear and the ways it can improve you as a player. I only learnt yesterday about Zeus gear for level 30, and I've been playing for 4 years.