Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to speed up Wizard City and Krokotopia

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
I enjoy this game, and have since I started playing F2P. One issue I've always had, is all the walking back and forth. Yes, you can get mounts, and that DOES speed up the travel time, but it still takes a crazy long time especially with all the "get me this and bring it back to me" type of quests. In this case, the BEST thing that could be added to the game would be more teleporters. They're all over the game after Krok. So, Im thinking we should get teleporters in WC and Krok to help speed it up. now, I've given this thought about WHERE they should be in both worlds, and I think that these locations are fair. here's where I think they should be:

Wizard City:
Unicorn Way – 1 TP at the hedge maze and the hub at the area between the arena and the unicorn statue
Cyclops Lane – 1 near general Akilles, the hub near Festival Park
Triton Avenue – 1 by seargent skullsplitter, 1 near the haunted cave, the hub near Sohomer Sunblade/waterfalls
Firecat Alley – 1 by the big cat statue near the entrance to olde town, 1 near fireglobe theater, and the hub by Private Quinn
Colossus Boulevard – 1 by the entrance to/from the shopping district, 1 by Hildreth Pirch, and the hub in the general area of Briskbreeze Tower

Krokotopia:
Karanahn Barracks – 1 TP by the south east most corner (that’s near kiwi & taskmaster djal), the hub on the big island near the other side of the Barracks

Chamber of Fire – One TP by the Chamber of the Charmed, and the hub by Robert Lancaster

Grand Arena – 1 TP right by the entrance hall, in the big circle area, near the sarcophagus on the right(because it’s off the trail), the hub in the hallway off the Collesium near the Wild Sunbird fight

Hall of Champions – 1 TP by Rami, the hub in the area with General Khaba and Marid Au’dran

Feel free to debate the locations, they're certainly not set in stone

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
Porters in places like firecat alley and triton avenue would be much appreciated. Even going back there for halloween quests long after you've finished WC is such a pain. I don't ever remember having much of an issue with unicorn way but getting to Aquila is certainly no cakewalk either- it's a lot of why I just don't go there anymore. I'd also argue that we need teleporters in Wysteria and more porters than the meager amount we currently have in Zafaria.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
Starblood653 on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Porters in places like firecat alley and triton avenue would be much appreciated. Even going back there for halloween quests long after you've finished WC is such a pain. I don't ever remember having much of an issue with unicorn way but getting to Aquila is certainly no cakewalk either- it's a lot of why I just don't go there anymore. I'd also argue that we need teleporters in Wysteria and more porters than the meager amount we currently have in Zafaria.
yeah, wysteria could use a few too, especially in tanglewood way

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
175
dayerider on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
yeah, wysteria could use a few too, especially in tanglewood way
Actually, In tanglewood way you can go up behind the fountain at the entrance and there is a door you can enter, it may be greyed out but you can still enter it. It will take you downstairs and right across the entrance to the boss room!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
dayerider on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
I enjoy this game, and have since I started playing F2P. One issue I've always had, is all the walking back and forth. Yes, you can get mounts, and that DOES speed up the travel time, but it still takes a crazy long time especially with all the "get me this and bring it back to me" type of quests. In this case, the BEST thing that could be added to the game would be more teleporters. They're all over the game after Krok. So, Im thinking we should get teleporters in WC and Krok to help speed it up. now, I've given this thought about WHERE they should be in both worlds, and I think that these locations are fair. here's where I think they should be:

Wizard City:
Unicorn Way – 1 TP at the hedge maze and the hub at the area between the arena and the unicorn statue
Cyclops Lane – 1 near general Akilles, the hub near Festival Park
Triton Avenue – 1 by seargent skullsplitter, 1 near the haunted cave, the hub near Sohomer Sunblade/waterfalls
Firecat Alley – 1 by the big cat statue near the entrance to olde town, 1 near fireglobe theater, and the hub by Private Quinn
Colossus Boulevard – 1 by the entrance to/from the shopping district, 1 by Hildreth Pirch, and the hub in the general area of Briskbreeze Tower

Krokotopia:
Karanahn Barracks – 1 TP by the south east most corner (that’s near kiwi & taskmaster djal), the hub on the big island near the other side of the Barracks

Chamber of Fire – One TP by the Chamber of the Charmed, and the hub by Robert Lancaster

Grand Arena – 1 TP right by the entrance hall, in the big circle area, near the sarcophagus on the right(because it’s off the trail), the hub in the hallway off the Collesium near the Wild Sunbird fight

Hall of Champions – 1 TP by Rami, the hub in the area with General Khaba and Marid Au’dran

Feel free to debate the locations, they're certainly not set in stone
I was thinking about making a thread complaining about this issue because these 2 worlds are extremely boring and are even worse without teleporters lol.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
166
Eh maybe I'm just being conservative or what ever the term is but I think ports would mess up those iconic areas however I wouldn't mind a port from haunted cave back to triton avenue

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
Leicrex on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Actually, In tanglewood way you can go up behind the fountain at the entrance and there is a door you can enter, it may be greyed out but you can still enter it. It will take you downstairs and right across the entrance to the boss room!
true, I keep forgetting about that one because it's not labelled anywhere on the map like a teleporter

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
33
Starblood653 on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Porters in places like firecat alley and triton avenue would be much appreciated. Even going back there for halloween quests long after you've finished WC is such a pain. I don't ever remember having much of an issue with unicorn way but getting to Aquila is certainly no cakewalk either- it's a lot of why I just don't go there anymore. I'd also argue that we need teleporters in Wysteria and more porters than the meager amount we currently have in Zafaria.
I think they should make house teleporters that you can set a location to, so for example you stand somewhere in aquila and activate the teleporter marker then place the teleporter in your house and boom - a quick and easy way to get where you want to be. These would be great for things like: the entrance to waterworks, castle darkmoor, aquila, etc.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
Valerian4315 on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
I think they should make house teleporters that you can set a location to, so for example you stand somewhere in aquila and activate the teleporter marker then place the teleporter in your house and boom - a quick and easy way to get where you want to be. These would be great for things like: the entrance to waterworks, castle darkmoor, aquila, etc.
this is what the teleport tapestries are for