Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does Dark Cave Link Firecat and Cyclops

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Alright, doing the Daily Assignments, was told to kill Haunted Minions in Dark Cave... and going through Cyclops Lane. I noticed something..... Firecat Alley is to the left of Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane, Why do we go right to enter Dark Cave in Cyclops Lane, and in Dark Cave, you go right even more to enter Firecat Alley... we should enter into like Golem Court, or even going into Dark Cave, puts us in the tunnel between Commons and Shopping District.

Now you could debunk all this and say, oh we use magic and teleport us into Firecat Alley, and for that, I say slap yourself...... How do you continuously go right, and pop up somewhere left.... with out even popping up in Triton Avenue or Crab Alley.... do those just not exist? does that massive body of water not collapse over the open roof cave that is Dark Cave? we need answers this is bugging me...

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
If you look at the map of Wizard City, I mean the whole world, you see that Cyclops Lane has us enter the Dark Cave facing away from Firecat Alley, so we presumably turn right and go around the tunnel from Olde Town to Cyclops Lane. Then, we go further right and down into Firecat Alley. Also, magic isn't exactly necessary, maybe our players just have the ability to turn?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
If you look at the map of Wizard City, I mean the whole world, you see that Cyclops Lane has us enter the Dark Cave facing away from Firecat Alley, so we presumably turn right and go around the tunnel from Olde Town to Cyclops Lane. Then, we go further right and down into Firecat Alley. Also, magic isn't exactly necessary, maybe our players just have the ability to turn?
go right..... then further right.... to something thats on the left?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
camahawk on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
go right..... then further right.... to something thats on the left?
While that logic makes perfect sense without you realising it (3 rights = 1 left), it isn't the correct logic. You're going right, when looking from beyond the lanes. But left, when looking from Olde Town. Clearly you didn't look at the map like I recommended. A more apt summary would be to head north, turn east, turn south-east, to something in the south-east. Bear in mind the Dark Cave is below Olde Town but above Triton Avenue as well. Just look at the expanded map of Wizard City and figure it out for yourself, but it makes absolute sense.