Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of Balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
Would it be possible to dig into the history of this school. The last arch gave a lot about origins of the other schools but as I have for awhile feel that this school is often left out. Even the recent minions update one of the balance minions was retired but not replaced like the other schools. In Mirage we get hints that balance might be connected to chronomancy. Anyway I would like to see the lore develop more. Like how did lady justice become the symbol ect.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I agree. I always like to learn more about cosmology and the magic schools of the Spiral including their origin. We know Balance magic originated in Krokotopia. But since Krokotopia was such an early world in the game's lifespan I don't think there were the resources at the time to flesh out the story to the extent that we see in much newer content.

The Curator/Blind Mew has said he would be open to an expansion of an existing world if it naturally fits into the storyline. So perhaps we could one day see more of Krokotopia the way we saw more of Grizzleheim with the addition of Wintertusk.

Such an expansion would give more opportunity to expand on Balance magic and connect it to the cosmology of the Spiral. For example, what world did the Kroks originally come from? And what drove them away to seek refuge in modern day Krokotopia? What exactly is the Golden Fang (we never see a picture or 3D model of it) and where did it come from? Who, or what, made it? Is the golden fang perhaps connected is some way to the golden city of El Dorado? Did the Krok refugees have it with them when they first arrived, or did they discover it in Krokotopia later? There are definitely a lot of loose ends that could be expanded upon and connected to the Spiral at large.