Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heroic Dungeons and Dungeon Finder

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
The only things to do at Level 50 is PvP, which i do not like this is why i am suggesting Heroic Dungeons.

CONCEPT: Basically certain dungeons i.e. Big Ben are made more difficult.

REQUIRMENTS: Level 50 and complete "Final Countdown"

DUNGEONS: Temple of Storms, Ironworks, Katz Lab, Big Ben, Crimson Fields, Shiritaki Temple, Tree of Life, Labyrinth, Malistare

DUNGEON FINDER: It takes for every to get a dungeon group so i am suggesting Dungeon Finder where you cqn find groups for dungeons, all that is required is that youve unlocked the opening of the dungeon

If you support please state so in your message :D

SUPPORTERS
1) Kittycat6000

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
So other games have implimented some sort of system to match up people who are looking to run certain dungeons within a game. Wizard101 has a system already in place to match up people for arena matches which takes people of similar level range (and I'm guessing ranking too but not sure on that) and probably more but again not sure on how it works. As I've been leveling up some toons I've noticed how difficult it is to find a group to run a dungeon unless you stand outside of where that dungeon is and simply wait for enough people to show up (or make friends with high level people and more or less beg them to help with it). I can only guess that as you get higher level it will only get worse. I stood outside of Sunken City for a good 45 minutes waiting for people to show up to run that AFTER I had been asking around in The Commons and The Shopping District for a good 30 minutes. Because non-paying players can buy unlocking worlds but not communicate to others that they want to run a dungeon or read a paying member speaking that they want to run a dungeon because all they'll see is "..." (btw I'm a paying member obviously because I'm posting on here lol) its difficult to get a group together.

Please, oh please add some sort of dungeon finder system to match up people that want to run dungeons. Towers or the quest boss places are typically easier to get some help with because all you have to do is stand outside of where that boss is and wait for someone to stand infront & you join up with them but dungeons are a whole other story.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
Gaymer wrote:
So other games have implimented some sort of system to match up people who are looking to run certain dungeons within a game. Wizard101 has a system already in place to match up people for arena matches which takes people of similar level range (and I'm guessing ranking too but not sure on that) and probably more but again not sure on how it works. As I've been leveling up some toons I've noticed how difficult it is to find a group to run a dungeon unless you stand outside of where that dungeon is and simply wait for enough people to show up (or make friends with high level people and more or less beg them to help with it). I can only guess that as you get higher level it will only get worse. I stood outside of Sunken City for a good 45 minutes waiting for people to show up to run that AFTER I had been asking around in The Commons and The Shopping District for a good 30 minutes. Because non-paying players can buy unlocking worlds but not communicate to others that they want to run a dungeon or read a paying member speaking that they want to run a dungeon because all they'll see is "..." (btw I'm a paying member obviously because I'm posting on here lol) its difficult to get a group together.

Please, oh please add some sort of dungeon finder system to match up people that want to run dungeons. Towers or the quest boss places are typically easier to get some help with because all you have to do is stand outside of where that boss is and wait for someone to stand infront & you join up with them but dungeons are a whole other story.

this is a must feature for a game like this , it is very hard to found people to run X instance

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Gaymer wrote:

This is a good Idea like a lfg (looking for group) chat or channel to go to when one needs help with a certain instance(dungeon)

As far as standing around these dungeons, waiting, hopeing that someone helps? Well this is a problem, because the only way you could get someone to help is hope that they have the same quest, and need help with it aswell.

I blame the lowbies on why it is so hard to find help in game. W101 is a MMOG people in MMOG's always want the easiest way to get to endgame content. So lowbies will leech their way to it from higher levels.

Once you help them with one thing, then they want you to help them with the next, then the next, then the next etc. After 1 or two times of helping them. then they want to be your friend, then port to you every single chance they can reagardless of what zone you are in or how busy you are.

So yeah an LFG sytem would be awesome for W101.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Please implement a cross-server dungeon finder.
This would make it easier for people to find help for dungeons they are doing, because everyone else is far past the curve in the game. It would also provide an easier way for people who want to help players to choose who they can help, other than just those on their friendlist. You can have a central dungeon finder board in every world, but you should make sure that it shows all dungeons but add filters (not level filters, because that would defeat the purpose). Maybe you can add some sort of prize or achievement for doing dungeons a certain amount of time, as incentives for helpful players, and to motivate other players to do the same.

This is coming from a player, who plays casually, so i dont have many people on my friendlist (i play about 1 month every 4 months, because i play many other MMO's and games). Thanks for checking my advice out. :D

PS - Please keep a default crown prize on Training Point Resets :(. I actually stopped playing a while ago, because I switched from Ice/Death to Ice/Balance. But i didnt, own Krokotopia, so when my sub ended, i purchased Marleybone (the area i was up to). But i wasnt able to level up my cards, because I had no access to it.
Another suggestion would be to change the school's location.
I would just switch back to Ice/Death, but the price is just too high. I might have to just level up an alt instead, and this sucks because i still havent beaten the core game, and i think loyalty to a main is important in MMOs. I know this a more personal problem and many other players probably dont encounter these, but im sure you guys can see the Dilemma im in.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Great idea. But, not just dungeon finders - Boss finders. Sometimes its hard to beat just one boss.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
As long as you have the option of Opting Out of this 'Finder' Service, I'm okay with it. I hate it when people try to jump in on my battles, which happens too often.

Now, I'm not against helping others, but when people just POP IN on you without so much as a 'Please help me' or anything like that, I will PURPOSEFULLY let those people die and not heal them. And yes, there should be a Level Limit so you can specify what LEVEL of wizards you'd be WILLING to help.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I love the idea. It would help out my son when I don't feel like playing and me during the day when a lot of people aren't on.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
I would like to see a Kiosk, to the side of any dungeon or instance entrance, for locating others that are looking for help with the dungeon or instance.

I can't count the number of times I have sat outside a dungeon, waiting for someone to come along. Every 60 seconds, I can change realms and see if I find someone else who is also looking for help, but that is tedious and if everyone is doing the same thing, you're all very likely to miss each other as you're hopping around realms, looking for help.

Just recently, I pulled one of my younger wizards out of the attic to work on him and he hadn't been through the Marleybone Warehouse Tower yet, to obtain the spiral key for Celestia. I must have spent nearly an hour trying to round up help for this dungeon.

The idea is this...

Next to each dungeon/instance entrance, off to the side, there would be a little kiosk (like the PVP or Pet Racing kiosks). You would walk up to it, press X, and have the ability to join all your friends together, then submit your partial team to the system to find remaining players that will fit into your 4 person team.

The system would be smart enough to join people together who can be of help, of course.

For instance, if there is a single Life wizard out there looking for help, it would put that person with a team of people that need a healer, before joining that person with a team that already had a healer. Or if the dungeon/instance is Fire and your team is 3 fire wizards, it would do it's best to find an ice wizard to help out. Likewise, it would try to match wizards together that are of equal levels and would try to group menu chatters with menu chatters and open chatters with other open chatters.

Of course, the desired end result is simply to have a full team, so it would have to start relaxing requirements as it searched for help, until it could put a whole team together.

I know that this has been discussed before and I have had more and more instances where this would be of assistance to me in recent months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
From Steven: "Just recently, I pulled one of my younger wizards out of the attic to work on him and he hadn't been through the Marleybone Warehouse Tower yet, to obtain the spiral key for Celestia. I must have spent nearly an hour trying to round up help for this dungeon. "

Steven S... : just an update in case you missed it...

The Warehouse in Marleybone is no longer "required" to get the Spiral Key. KI changed this a while back. Now, if you are Level 48, and you have completed the quest "The Final Coundown" in DS, then you go talk to Headmaster Ambrose and he will send you to CL.

Hope this helps. :?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:

The Warehouse in Marleybone is no longer "required" to get the Spiral Key.
[...]

Hey. Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that. I have two more wizards that haven't been to CL yet, so I'll remember that when I get there.

However, that was just one example of a dungeon that I needed help with. This happens quite often with single-room boss instances in WT and CL, as well as dungeons like the Labyrinth and such.

Not to mention... I'm a bit of a "completionist". Even though the Marleybone Warehouse Tower isn't required to get to CL, I would still do it. :D

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!

Thank you! Thank you very much!

Taking a bow... :D

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
maybe there could be kiosks for other things to, like hatchings.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

The Warehouse in Marleybone is no longer "required" to get the Spiral Key.
[...]

Hey. Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that. I have two more wizards that haven't been to CL yet, so I'll remember that when I get there.

However, that was just one example of a dungeon that I needed help with. This happens quite often with single-room boss instances in WT and CL, as well as dungeons like the Labyrinth and such.

Not to mention... I'm a bit of a "completionist". Even though the Marleybone Warehouse Tower isn't required to get to CL, I would still do it. :D

Sorry it took so long for me to reply again. But I understand the "completionist" issue. Ditto here too.

And I totally forgot to mention earlier that I do like the idea for the kiosk. I am always referring people to Wizard101Central.com for "real-time" help on dungeons and stuff like that. But your idea is even better.

I just finished taking two of my wizards thru the Labyrinth and I would have liked some help there.

I hope KI is listening to yours and other requests like this.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
LOVE IT!
I have to wait so long in front of the waterworks and it is hard finding a life wizard!

Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I like the concept of this idea and KI can probably recycle some PvP group code to put this in place without too much difficulty.

@cwisler - If your group knows how the bosses cheat, then you do not need a life mage. A life or ice wizard in the group is handy, but not at all required. Perhaps this life-mage-seeking process is why four people enter the waterworks and someone turns around and leaves so often. Bah!

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Great idea, but your matching system seems a bit too complicated to be feasible. In my opinion, a more realistic way to gather this ideal group would be if, when you enter the kiosk, you set up parameters of your first and second choices of the wizards' schools you'd like to find, then having the game pull together as close of a match as possible to what you're requesting. -etherchaos

Community Leader
Okay , Yes I think this is brilliant! I know sometimes when I want to farm I always look for players that need the dungeon or boss. This would sure help a lot.

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Hello! I have an idea I think would improve game play and help players complete their quests faster and more efficiently.

My idea is to add a "dungeon finder" into the game. This dungeon finder, very simular to those in other MMOs. (I.e. WoW, Lotro, LoL, ect) It would have a player chose which dungeon he would like to run, or dungeons, but unlike the other "dungeon finders" this one would, instead of placing the player into a que, show the player who else wants to complete that dungeon. Then the players could chat, and invite each other into parties and then complete the dungeon they need.

I am bringing up this idea because I have been waiting 3 days to find someone to complete Nastrond, and still no response. I think this idea would help me, and many other players struggling to find teammates to do dungeons with them.

Please consider this idea because I think it would help players a lot ingame!

P.S. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Ok... but not ABSOLUTELY NEEDED, I agree because I can't find anyone to help with Mirror Lake except my brother.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
is there some reason why they don't have dungeon queues for this game? I would think it would be simple to use the pvp or racing queue system for dungeons.

I find it incredibly frustrating that a game which requires grouping (ie Malistaire) to advance, doesn't have a group finding mechanic in game.

I understand the concept of avoiding global chat channels, but they should give us another way to find groups and I would think dungeon queues would be the simple answer.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jesyka wrote:
is there some reason why they don't have dungeon queues for this game? I would think it would be simple to use the pvp or racing queue system for dungeons.

I find it incredibly frustrating that a game which requires grouping (ie Malistaire) to advance, doesn't have a group finding mechanic in game.

I understand the concept of avoiding global chat channels, but they should give us another way to find groups and I would think dungeon queues would be the simple answer.

I agree. Long overdue.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37781.ftl#210732

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/41336.ftl#231807