Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking Improvements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Hey fellow wizards .

I remember the days when we used to shout in the commons to find people with the pet talents we were looking for. What a pain it was . I can't thank enough the developers for deciding to add this awesome feature that lets us search for the perfect pet .

The Hatchmaking Kiosk sure is helpful, but there are some strange things about it that I'd like to see improved .
Here are the problems I encountered:

1. Pets with no hatches left still appear in the kiosk;
  2. The search pet talents functionality lets us select only up to two talents;
  3. If the list of results is exhaustive, it is hard to find what we are looking for.

Here is what I suggest:

1. Pets that are in a status of "out-of-hatches" should not appear in the searches, or at least, this should be an option. I think this solution would be quite easy to implement, as it would only require to trim the query of results.
  2. I don't know if it's a bug, but the search engine interface currently induces us to believe that up to 10 talents could be added to the search engine. I don't think that we should be able to add as much as 10 talents to the search query, but up to 5, since even though pets inherit up to 10 talents, they only reveal up to 5.
  3. When a search query contains many results, it can pretty annoying to flicker through the pages to search for a pet. An easy way to fix this would be to allow the search to specify up to 5 pet talents instead of 2. A more thorough one would be to create a new compact, quick-view interface.

Let me know what you think!