Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim Boat in Olde Town

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
If you've unlocked Grizzleheim, the Grizzleheim boat in Olde Town should take you to Grizzleheim.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Actually, the boat doesn't take you. Grizzleheim is its own world and when you decide to take it on, you'd have to make your way through the spiral door to get there.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Fable Finder on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
If you've unlocked Grizzleheim, the Grizzleheim boat in Olde Town should take you to Grizzleheim.
I don't think it should, Grizzleheim is its own world, not an expansion of Wizard City. Consider that trip in Olde Town as a taster of later game worlds to make new players want to continue.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
I don't think it should, Grizzleheim is its own world, not an expansion of Wizard City. Consider that trip in Olde Town as a taster of later game worlds to make new players want to continue.
All the worlds are connected though.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i say let it... aquila is it own world... hitting back to lobby area doesnt take you to the commons but to the garden... grizzleheim to northguard..... so... yeah

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I don't see why the boat wouldn't take you there -- and why the boat in GH wouldn't take you back to Olde Town.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
All the worlds are connected though.
The boat to Grizzleheim doesn't actually take you to Grizzleheim though. It's a single instance teaser much like housing tours. There are no other players when you "visit" and no one can port to you because you aren't actually in the world. It's just a single player instance that looks like Northguard.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
All of the worlds are connected, but that would render Spiral Doors useless. The main thing separating Wizard101 from Pirate101 (besides the obvious) is how the worlds are connected. Pirate101 uses Skyways mostly, and sometimes Stormgates. Wizard101 usually uses Spiral Doors but in the few cases that don't; we use boats or a chariot. To Aquila we use Phaethon's Chariot, and Aquila is a side world with no known Spiral Door so it makes sense. To Shangri-La or the Himoolayas we take the boat of a Mooshu/Marleybone joint expedition, and the Himoolayas are a side world with no known Spiral Door. But in Grizzleheim, we know full well that they have a Spiral Door, and the boat in Northguard can't be used to go back to Olde Town because it goes to Wintertusk. It's a nice idea, but Grizzleheim/Wintertusk is, I dare say, more expanded than quite a few storyline worlds. It'd be something like an insult to make it an expansion to a world smaller than it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
The boat to Grizzleheim doesn't actually take you to Grizzleheim though. It's a single instance teaser much like housing tours. There are no other players when you "visit" and no one can port to you because you aren't actually in the world. It's just a single player instance that looks like Northguard.
But in the story, it is Northguard.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
I don't see why the boat wouldn't take you there -- and why the boat in GH wouldn't take you back to Olde Town.
The boat in Northguard taking you to Olde Town might be tricky, since it takes you to Wintertusk when you unlock it. Maybe it could be like "Press O for Olde Town, W for Wintertusk", or there could be a second boat.