Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics Changes and Updates are Key for W101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Something I have seen through many games and how they adapt to different competition and changes are that they follow the lead of other games. Currently we all know Fortnite has one of the highest players daily, and other games have followed their lead through additional changes in their graphics, and different additions for example the battle pass. Although Wizard101 has followed their lead to a certain extent, the 3 update stages we currently have (Spring, Summer and Fall) are becoming redundant and time consuming as they are separated in big time periods + the testing periods with the Test Realm. Something I believe Wizard101 and KI should focus on would be smaller periodic updates to places around the spiral, things like the FTUE are essential for the continuation and success of the game. The new beastmoon event (which can be made better) is a step in the correct direction, but as a player thats been here from the beginning, I prefer smaller and more useful updates than bigger and less entertaining ones. I still encourage KI to expand on worlds and other areas, but at the same time create a calendar where they can set goals and ideas that can be implemented in the short term in game. This is possible, all you need is organization!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
JoseGreenThorn on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Something I have seen through many games and how they adapt to different competition and changes are that they follow the lead of other games. Currently we all know Fortnite has one of the highest players daily, and other games have followed their lead through additional changes in their graphics, and different additions for example the battle pass. Although Wizard101 has followed their lead to a certain extent, the 3 update stages we currently have (Spring, Summer and Fall) are becoming redundant and time consuming as they are separated in big time periods + the testing periods with the Test Realm. Something I believe Wizard101 and KI should focus on would be smaller periodic updates to places around the spiral, things like the FTUE are essential for the continuation and success of the game. The new beastmoon event (which can be made better) is a step in the correct direction, but as a player thats been here from the beginning, I prefer smaller and more useful updates than bigger and less entertaining ones. I still encourage KI to expand on worlds and other areas, but at the same time create a calendar where they can set goals and ideas that can be implemented in the short term in game. This is possible, all you need is organization!
If you believe that this update is "less entertaining" then I'm going to have to disagree with you. The Beastmoon Hunt Battlegrounds is very entertaining. Yes, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it really can be quite fun (if you're blessed with good teammates that is.)

I do agree with the fact that the FTUE helps out the game for the better (it makes it more realistic.) It takes time though to complete the FTUE; there is a lot of content they have to re-read and rewrite. It's not an instant process even with organization.