Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Donations

AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
I would like to be able to donate gold . This will make it easier to get rid of gold when you're at the max and it will be helping others!

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1266
It would be nice, but it would just introduce beggars. What about if there was a box near the bazaar that you could donate gold to and then you could a possible reward like you do with the daily assignment? (Like use that same reward table?) A donation would be like 100,000 or something? Or the larger the donation the better the prize- might work better. Or feed gold to pets while using your Energy so that you don't have to play the mini-games?!?! Just some ideas.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
exp613 on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
It would be nice, but it would just introduce beggars. What about if there was a box near the bazaar that you could donate gold to and then you could a possible reward like you do with the daily assignment? (Like use that same reward table?) A donation would be like 100,000 or something? Or the larger the donation the better the prize- might work better. Or feed gold to pets while using your Energy so that you don't have to play the mini-games?!?! Just some ideas.
Those are some good ideas! I like it when people critique ideas with solutions instead of just problems. Beggars already exist though, so it's not like introducing donations is going to make much difference.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
3
I have to agree with exp613.

Gold donation can be a great use if kingisle say that every let just say 10,000 gold hey will donate $1 to a charity of our choice under kingisle name
then it will be great for the community and rise awareness for this game.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
45
Golden Dragon on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
I have to agree with exp613.

Gold donation can be a great use if kingisle say that every let just say 10,000 gold hey will donate $1 to a charity of our choice under kingisle name
then it will be great for the community and rise awareness for this game.
10,000 gold is way to little, plus, Kingsisle already does stuff like this. Like the Brandon quest for Make-a-Wish Foundation.

The gold cap is 450,000 for max levels (or close to max). If someone who is maxed wants to give it all away, it would make Kingsisle donate $45. With millions of players in the game, I feel like it would be 100,000 gold would be $1.

However, I don't think Kingsisle would do this stuff, they never have done this in the past. Unlike a couple events, like the charity mount. But a permanent gold donation box, for fake donated gold being turned into a real donation money, Kingsisle would lose a ton of money. They've been really concerned about money, considering the fact that they won't even open a seventh character slot...

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1266
I don't think that KI should donate money like that year round. I think that what they currently do with Charity Events is more than enough! That being said, I guess my idea of Gold Donation isn't really so much a donation as just paying to roll the loot chest one more time. (More like gambling with gold than donating, but gambling sounds far less noble.)

I do think that my other idea is one that I like even more: paying gold to use energy to not have to do the pet minigames. I don't like the pet minigames and if pet training worked how it does costing energy and everything, but with the exception of it cost X amount of gold to skip the minigame that would be awesome.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1875
Not a bad idea, but as the others above mentioned, KI is Business first, Player's Satisfaction Later.


Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
14
Star Edward on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
Not a bad idea, but as the others above mentioned, KI is Business first, Player's Satisfaction Later.

But Player's satisfaction IS their business.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Another unnecessary idea.

I would back allowing GOLD to be placed into the Shared Bank so that any character on an account can place gold into their bank and another can use it. It just shortens the Halfang process by one step.