Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift card pets and possible changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011

I really like the idea of gift card pets and my only complaint is that when I buy two at the same time like I just did at game stop I have to wait an entire month to use it to get a different pet. This is even worse sometimes when even though the pet looks different the card you get does the same thing. I suggest that if you use a gift card from the same location more than once in a single month that you can choose a different pet or even get a random pet from another locations gift card.

Maybe the Devs or someone else can think of a better solution though!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jharber wrote:

I really like the idea of gift card pets and my only complaint is that when I buy two at the same time like I just did at game stop I have to wait an entire month to use it to get a different pet. This is even worse sometimes when even though the pet looks different the card you get does the same thing. I suggest that if you use a gift card from the same location more than once in a single month that you can choose a different pet or even get a random pet from another locations gift card.

You can look at the gift card page and see what spells are available for the current month and at least the following month, so you can plan.

There are also a ton of places you can buy different cards, why not just go to another location. I live in a 'metro' area, and could walk to at least 5 of these vendors (actually, all but Wal-mart are easy driving distance. This is porbably the best way to get the variety you desire.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jharber wrote:

Understandable your intent behind wanting different pets from the same location, but really the point of offering unique pets from each location is that customers actually go and spend money at those locations to buy the special pet. The partnership between KI and retailers. If Walmart's special pet can be obtained from Gamestop, then why have a contractual agreement with Walmart? Each location is designed to market to different customers.

Honestly, KI has the best redeeming card system out there. Most MMOs only give you their in-game money with the purchase of cards without any special bonuses, since the point of physical cards is to bypass the credit card restrictions that many younger players cannot obtain without being 18. Those MMOs that do offer special bonuses hardly ever change the rewards. KI consistently switches up the rewards more than any other MMO that I have ever seen. For me, it is actually more desirable to get crowns through retail rather than direct since there are so many different pet combinations offered. But as MikeStrath indicated, to maximize you have to actually go and visit KI's partners and show them some love too.