Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends List

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
There is redundacy in the list buttons which I don't understand.

REMOVE vs IGNORE:

Today, I was upset with a friend over something said and I didn't want to remove the friend, so I put him on the ignore list . . . which should be a temporary list and not totally removed from my friends list. When I had time to absorb what had upset me, I took him off the ignore list, assuming he would be back on my online friends list. He wasn't. I checked the online list, immediately thinking he got mad and removed me. I was very upset and when someone mentioned he might not have removed me, I contacted support.

They explained that when you removed them from the IGNORED list, it does not put them back on oyur list! EEEEEEEKS! OMG . . . if I had wanted to remove him, I would have used REMOVE.

SUPPORT said would have to re-connect and add back . . . how am I supposed to do that with all these like names and the vast number of people on the site? An I wondered how mny others this might have happened to. So, I am suggesting that KingsIsle fix the redundacy of buttons by either removing the IGNORE button or by fixing it so it keeps the ignored in the LIST, just not on the ONLINE list until the person is either REMOVED or returned to the ONLINE by removing from IGNORED STATUS.

WHY WOULD ANYONE USE IGNORE IF THEY WANTED TO REMOVE???

Hoping something can be done bout this since I lost contact with a very dear friend because of it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Remove doesn't prevent someone from talking to you. Ignore makes it so that person is not there as far as your game is concerned. Ignore basically bans that person from talking to interacting with you completely. It's not redundant at all. The Ignore list is much more serious than just removing someone from your list. That's WHY it also removes them from your friends. Ignore is a personal ban list, not something you should be doing to friends. It's for people that are harassing or abusing you in the game.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
As has been stated there is a difference between remove and ignore, so both buttons are needed, but I agree that there should be at least an option when selecting ignore on a player who is on your friends list to allow them to stay on your friends list. Sometimes what happened to you happens and you might just need a little break from someone from whatever reason, but you don't want to permanently defriend them. So either adding that option to the ignore feature would be good, or allowing you to use the "hidden to friends" feature on only selected players.