Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend Request Board

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Do you find it hard making new friends? Do you find it awkward when starting up random chats with random players? Do you feel strange randomly asking for help? Well the friend request boards are here to help!

Players can post friend requests for everyone to read and can read friend requests posted by other players.

This function will only be available to players with text or open chat.

I have this issue. I left the game for about a year while in college and came back only to see many of my friends have quit the game and or deleted me because of my inactivity.

I have managed to find a few people around level 100 but it always feels so awkward asking for help in Khrysalis. Being a storm most people feel I should have no trouble soloing everything seeing as how storm does the most damage but I still struggle with certain bosses. Sometimes I even getting rude replies back like “If you can’t handle the game don’t play” or “No noob we're really busy” (even though my storm is level 100) simply from asking people for help with a single boss.

I’d rather be asking people for help who are actively looking for new people to play with and not get spit in the face from asking a simple question. The friend request boards I can see being a nice way to help prevent that.

On the friend request board you can post something about yourself and of course everything written must be within the confines of the chat filters. Players with text chat can only read posts from players with text chat and open chat players can view all friend request letters.

This would be mine for instance.

“Hey there! Returning player from a year long break, looking for new friends to play the game with. I’m currently in Khrysalis and could use some help questing. I also love to craft, farm skeleton key bosses, train pets and help others!”

It will also post a picture of your character which players can view like you would in a friends list and see their stats, their gear, the pvp ranks etc.

If you see a friend request post you can choose to friend them, which will add them to your friends list and a message will be sent to them saying something like “Wolf Nightbreeze” has accepted your friend request. Say hi to them!”

You can set your friendship request post to delete after a certain number of accepts. Say you only wish to have person accept your friend request, you can set it to be removed after one person accepts your request. You can set it to allow 1-10 friend accepts before it's removed. However, they will automatically expire after 72 hours.

You can also remove your friend request post at any time you like.

However players can have their friendship post removed if they’re negative or unfriendly and can be removed by administrators and can even be suspended or banned from using the friend request boards.

Anyone else thinks this would be a good idea to help players find more friends?

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hi!

Yes, to everything you said. I stopped asking for help entirely because of the way I was treated. I also realize that I have come off as rude due to my limited morning time when folks have asked for help and I have to make sure I'm done before it's time to get the family going on the day.

So -

Returned from a 6-year break last year. I am currently questing in Avalon. The old family account has been inherited by my youngest and this is a totally new account I am playing on.

I enjoy gardening, monstrology, and have never hatched pets with anyone but am willing to start.

I have yet to start farming bosses as I want to get my first (and only) wizard maxed before starting anything else.

If you see me on in the morning, I am usually gardening, pet training, and doing the daily Gravuluum. I usually don't have time to help quest in the morning. If I am on later in the day without my children, I am more than haooy to quest with someone a/o help folks out.

Steven Ghoststalker

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This is a fantastic idea. Many of my in-game friends have quit, and I would love to be able to find active players who share similar interests.

I have a max ice ready for Empyrea, a max death who needs help finishing Mirage, and a transcendent life currently in Avalon. I normally play in the mornings for a bit (gardening, daily assignments), then in the evenings. I enjoy gardening, crafting, sarcasm, and all the Monty Python references in Avalon. I will farm if asked, but I won't be perky about it.

You can usually find me avoiding crowded realms by meandering around Kelvin, and trying to solo things I really shouldn't.

Erin Dusk Weaver (ice)
Erin Shadow Weaver (death)
Erin Lotus Weaver (life)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Such a dope idea!

With so much persons displaying such negative attitude to fellow wizards, it'd be good to have any area where we can freely socialize in a sense without fear of being chastised.

Like you, I've been away from the game for about a year or so for Dental School, so, just coming back and trying to get accustomed to all these updates, loss of friends etc is a little overwhelming to be honest.

Glad to be back though.