Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Badge Rewards / Badge Vendor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
I saw someone post this idea on another forum and I just wanted to bring it here to see if there was any interest. Currently the most recent worlds have vendors with items for sale only if you hold specific badges (killing a certain number of mobs that thematically makes sense).

I think this could be a really great way to incentivize people to grind fishing for fish specifically. Most of the current draw of extended fishing comes in the form of rare items found in chests, chests are rare enough that, I would argue most players are only going all out for these rewards when a 0 energy fishing weekend rolls around.

How cool would it be if

1 There were more fishing badges, badges specific to certain fish or types of fish.
2 There were rewards for the badges currently in the game and the new ones that you could either earn or buy from a badge vendor (such as a fish mount, fishing luck gear, pet or housing item)

This would be a grind where your progression could be tracked (sort of like how dragoon gear was handled) instead of spending hours looking for one thing in one chest. I'd argue this is less soul crushing because no matter what, you are making progress towards your goal instead of hoping you eventually have good RNG.

Tell me what you guys think. I'm pretty biased because I love the fishing in this game but if the rewards were good enough would you all fish more?