Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-20-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's been a wonderful week so let's just cap it off with a new topic, shall we?

This week, we launched our new Summer Update! We're all very excited about this one, and we want to know - what is your favorite thing about this new update? The Wizard City revamp? Photomancy? Magic Mirror? Let us know!

Have a magical Friday and happy weekend, and I'll see you in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
It's Friday, and it's been a wonderful week so let's just cap it off with a new topic, shall we?

This week, we launched our new Summer Update! We're all very excited about this one, and we want to know - what is your favorite thing about this new update? The Wizard City revamp? Photomancy? Magic Mirror? Let us know!

Have a magical Friday and happy weekend, and I'll see you in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Obviously the Wizard City Revamp.

As I said before, really good work, hope there is more to come! I'm glad you guys have a strong team that communicates and works together. That motive alone is the reason this MMO has lasted for ten years! May it last another ten more!!!!

Rock on!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
My favorite thing was probably the carousel being rideable

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I absolutely ADORE the wizard city revamp! I am so happy! Nice and Beautiful. I also love photomancy and the new and updated nightside

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Revered Crafter
Only Mostly Done

Survivor
Oct 24, 2014
i love the way you did some of wizard city! do you think you could plz do it to the rest of wizard city? maybe even other worlds too? ( just a sugestion )

Survivor
Oct 05, 2014
This new update is amazing. Wizard City looks astonishing with the new revamped textures. I simply can not wait for the rest of Wizard City to be updated, along with the other worlds. I'm hoping this doesn't only affect worlds, it would make me so happy to see the spells to be redone as well. Though it was slightly disappointing to see that not all of the NPC's were updated; in the areas that were revamped. The main ones being Lloyd FallingWater in the Shopping District, Malorn Ashthorn in Ravenwood, Brandon Mistborn, Ceren Nightchant, Roland Silverheart, and Jordo Mistborn in Unicorn Way, and Boris Tallstaff in the Library in the Commons. I don't like how the Merchants look now either, granted they look a lot better than they did before, but now they look like they haven't experienced happiness is ten years; why do they look so darn angry? Other than that I think the new update is looks amazing, and I think it's going to encourage a lot of old players to come back to the game.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I really liked the magic mirror makeover. Making the game feel refreshed and new is also nice. I hope in the future the magic mirror is expanded to name changes! Or at least maybe wizard LAST NAMES to begin with as an experiment or something

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
All of the new additions and updates you mentioned are great!! My only suggestion, which you guys at Kingsisle have probably already been starting; is to get Wizard101's name out there again and make a new TV commercial and have more advertising. I think now or sometime in the very near future is the perfect time to show off this great game with these amazing updates to Wizard City!!

Sincerely, Kelsey

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
I really love the Magic Mirror, since I've wanted to change my character's face for a while now. I also really like the ridable carousel now, but I do think that the Pet Pavilion is a bit creepy now with only the music box playing. The sky also seems slightly too dark and stormy. I don't think there's as much an issue in the rest of Wizard City, but I did like the lighter and brighter sky before. It seemed livelier.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I love how you can change your wizards appearance without having to setup a new wizard all the time

(still waiting on if you can change their name in the future)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
I love the revamp and the new Magic Mirror is something I have wanted ever seance Pirare101 came out. I would love to see even more options for Magic Mirror in the times to come.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Seems like you always ask that question after an update. Well I'm going to break out of this routine and tell you my least favorite part.

Diego's commentary on the monster fights in the arena don't really add anything. It just creates meaningless noise in the chat logs, and we don't need any more of that in the arena.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
Survivor
May 02, 2015
I do like this update with the new wizard city revamp just hope you finish the rest of the worlds. Also I love how the tree has grown outside the library. There is one thing which I dislake though; that is the new mounts in the decvasary packs, I find them a bit bland, I feel as if they have so much potential. For instance it would have been cool if they only turned you into the vortex when you moved and you could look like your normal self with your pet beside you when you aren’t moving. I guess this is just my opinion but I think it would be cool. Furthermore the new magic mirror is amazing and something that we have been asking for, for a while now, great to see how much detail you put into it with the amount of crowns you are spendint split up and the detail on the mirror itself; amazing! Finally I have not yet used photomancy but from what I have seen from YouTube videos it looks amazing! Keep up the good work and thanks for listening to our cries!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
This graphic update brought me and a lot of my friends back in the game. How cand I say that i do not love the graphics?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I'm loving the fact that there are now talking animations for the NPCs. Now we just gotta know what's inside that hole in Olde Town

Mark Lifebringer 125

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I really love the updated graphics, they're so much better than I imagined and everything really does feel 'new again'! I love the carousel in the fairgrounds too, that is such a lovely feature!

The thing I've spent most time enjoying is the FISHING! I'm loving collecting all the new fish and seeing their awesome designs. I'd really like more fishing quests and more new fish to collect. Also, having a bigger fish basket would be so helpful!

Thank you for the awesome updates! Yet again, you guys have delivered more than I even hoped for!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I love the new design in Wizard City! It serves the game well and makes it feel like a top-of-the-line MMO! I especially like the implementation of classic mode for those who prefer the original graphics!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Definitely, the new sights and sounds in Wizard City are the most exciting aspect of your summer update. It's little details that are so incredible ... like the sound of sand beneath my feet and then the ringing bell as I enter the Bazaar ... or the rickety clack on the carousel that I can now actually ride! Or the new versions of the old music, something I didn't even know that I wanted.

The fact that it's evening in Wizard City - and it's evening everywhere! I never realized that before, but now the lighting makes that abundantly clear. Just that one change to the lighting in areas like Golem Court and the Olde Town has shifted the ambiance and made the game come alive. With the glowing street and window lights plus the growing shadows, it feels like we should be rushing home to start our homework.

The Magic Mirror is also pretty neat, allowing me to finally combine my favorite faces with different eye colors so that all of my wizards are truly unique. Oh, and finally fixing up a bad hairstyle, one that I've regretted choosing for 9 years now.

Thank you for all your hard work, and I can't wait to see what you unveil next!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 31, 2011
The new wizard city look. Only problem I have is my photomancy won't work

Survivor
Jun 04, 2016
Love the HD graphics along with all the new updates wonderful job guys! Looking forward to this games future!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
If I had to pick just one thing I'd have to pick the Wizard City revamp, because its SO BEAUTIFUL - just an amazing job!

I've been wanting something like the Magic Mirror for so long that it would have been a hard choice, but as it is - it's not.

Please add:
  • More new faces
  • More new hair and versions that can be dyed of the Crown Shop hair
  • a new tab that allows us to change our lip color
  • a new tab that magically stitches a new version of our currently equipped outfit that makes that new thing look the same BUT be dye-able.

I'm still praying for an announcement of an event where players can submit faces and hair styles for consideration.

Also hoping that some of the new faces could be recombining of existing features -- existing eyes with different existing mouths would be great. And versions with and without glasses. Like for the girls - Face 1 eyes & nose with Face 11's mouth - Or for the boys Face 8's eyes and Face 13's mouth.

Also, the Shutterbug idea is nice, because it seems like once I get the hang of it it could be used for the way to leave ourselves notes for future play - if you could leave a longer message / caption. Like taking a pic of a garden bed and noting that it's for EMPs - or A pic of a sigel with location showing and noting that it's for lvl 35 _______gear. Or when you transfer a house temporarily while deleting /creating a character - you could set a Kraken in the yard and then call it Jason's house - so find the Kraken you know which house to transfer later.

IDK- seems like longer captions would make it more useful. But it is cool now.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Looks great Professor! I am also all for the new revamp!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I would love to have the sea fairy fish as a pet.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2018
I too would like to way in on the graphics. They are great, I actually walk through Wiz City now instead of run though on the mount, kind of smell the roses now.

I have one pressing issue, though that should be addressed and I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet.
The Game has Seven schools of magic, SEVEN, yet there are only six chairs int he school room when you enter the character selection screen. I really think that you could use atleast two more chairs, just to keep the balance in the room. I would not want to be in the spot of where I must delete a player so that I can explore the other school.

Just my humble opinion, although I have seen this mentioned on several of the FAN SITES....