Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-24-16

1
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! I'm prepping to for my co-hosting debut here in just a few moments, but I wanted to pop first in for our usual chat...

This week, let's build on that badge discussion. If you could create a NEW badge to display on your Wizard, what would it be? What would you have to do in the Spiral to earn it? Sky's the limit, so go wild.

Happy Friday, everyone, and tune into KI Live if you get a chance! ::grin::


Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Producer!)
Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
34
I'd make the badge "Elemental Master" and you'd have to earn it by defeating all 3 spirits in saltmeadow swamp (the ones you use to get the winds for the boat).

Blaze Firecaster level 110
Blaze Greencaster level 18 (currently in training)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2016
17
Hm... Good question! I think it would be cool to have another badge that you earn for helping other Wizards using the "Team Up!" kiosk in Olde Town! Maybe it could be "Team Master" or something like that?

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
861
I'd love to get more school badges rather than the one 'Master of ---'. You could even include some Astral or badges like 'Novice Metamorphoser' or 'Adept Enchanter/Enchantress' and 'Master Pishogue'. Plus more Shadowmancy/Umbramancy badges too.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
542
Oh I am always up for new badges!

More than anything, I would LOVE to see badges for decorating and housing tours whose requirements range from easy to extremely rare/challenging, like ones for getting a certain number of ratings on tours (the actual rating shouldn't matter), hitting the maximum number of visitors that a house can have at one time, maxing out the housing item limit, getting a house on the top 100, top 50, top 10, and first place; anything to breathe a little extra life and motivation into our talented castle decorators. Unfortunately I don't know what I would call every single one of these badges, but I know that I would love to see ones like "packrat" for the maxing out the house's item limit, "party animal" for the house with the maximum guests allowed inside, and maybe "official tourguide" for getting 20 total ratings on a single house through housing tours.

Ultimately I'd like the badges to not only be a show of achievement, but also a way to let our personalities shine. While I enjoy badges like "master necromancer," other badges like "drop the bass" tend to better show our personalities (and sense of humor), and I would really like to see more of those.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
27
Hmmm.....that's a good question...and a tough one...as I can't think of anything quite yet.....I'll have to get back on this one....

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
Badges, badges, who got badges...

...how about a wizard birthday badge for how many days, weeks, months or years, a wizard has been playing or affiliated with Wizard 101; to include Beta badge for everyone who started with Beta :)

...how about pet badges for how many pets you have, and badges for how many pets you've gotten to teen, adult, all the way up to mega.

...housing badges for folks who love to collect houses

...badges for mounts

....new badge for players helping teams beyond 500

....badges for how many times you've fought a certain boss, or completed a specific dungeon.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
"Daring Adventurer"-complete the game using only a Starter Deck and Wand.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
31
If i could create a new badge it would be;

"GOD COMPLEX"
"UNIVERSAL SOLDIER"
"MASTER AT ARMS"
"CAN'T TOUCH THIS" lol

In order to get these badges, the wizard would have to complete absolutely every last main quest and side quest in ALL the worlds in the game.

Hero
May 07, 2015
724
queen/king of monsters
EDIT: the way you would get it? defeating one of every worlds first enemy's up to date right now.(not including KS cause there are bosses at the start)

miranda jade song ~ promethean pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
61
I think there needs to be a badge that says you have completed all the worlds to the date. You should change it with each new world though. All you would have to do is complete every world and it's main quests. I would also suggest a side quest badge noting we did many side quests.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
I would like to see crafting badges other than the ones you get for completing the crafting quests.

Here are a few ideas:
Master Carpenter for crafting so many furniture items
Master tailor for crafting a certain amount of clothing

Also other badges for treasure cards crafted and transmutations done.

Delver
Feb 06, 2010
291
Professor Falmea on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Hi folks! I'm prepping to for my co-hosting debut here in just a few moments, but I wanted to pop first in for our usual chat...

This week, let's build on that badge discussion. If you could create a NEW badge to display on your Wizard, what would it be? What would you have to do in the Spiral to earn it? Sky's the limit, so go wild.

Happy Friday, everyone, and tune into KI Live if you get a chance! ::grin::


Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Perhaps housing badges like...

"Proud owner of The Amber Estate"
"Master of the Winter Wind Tower"
"Caretaker of the Botanical Gardens"
"Sultan of the Sand Palace"
"Leader of the Acropolis"
"Lord/Lady of Darkmoor Manor"

That would be cool, it makes you feel like a proud owner!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
542
Tylerwildpants on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Badges, badges, who got badges...

...how about a wizard birthday badge for how many days, weeks, months or years, a wizard has been playing or affiliated with Wizard 101; to include Beta badge for everyone who started with Beta :)

...how about pet badges for how many pets you have, and badges for how many pets you've gotten to teen, adult, all the way up to mega.

...housing badges for folks who love to collect houses

...badges for mounts

....new badge for players helping teams beyond 500

....badges for how many times you've fought a certain boss, or completed a specific dungeon.
A beta badge would be sooooo cool. I wasn't in beta personally, but I still like the idea. :P More team up and pet badges are always welcome in my book, too. Mount badges would be awesome- maybe KI should get some more mounts into the game that are exclusively dropped by bosses and give badges for those?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
I love the idea of more Music based puns -

Kill bunch of monkeys - Sultan of Swing
Mooshu quartermasters - Wild Horse
Aquabots - Robot Rocker
Celestian pincers - Rock Lobster
Haunted Avalon - Dream Police

So many ideas on that

Champion
Jun 13, 2011
498
Professor Falmea on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Hi folks! I'm prepping to for my co-hosting debut here in just a few moments, but I wanted to pop first in for our usual chat...

This week, let's build on that badge discussion. If you could create a NEW badge to display on your Wizard, what would it be? What would you have to do in the Spiral to earn it? Sky's the limit, so go wild.

Happy Friday, everyone, and tune into KI Live if you get a chance! ::grin::


Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Ooh! This is gonna be one of my best favorite Feedback Friday topics yet!!! Loving it already, Falmea! Hope it gets to be asked again time to time!

OK, so, what new Badges would I create & earn in the Spiral? Hmm...

I got plenty thoughts on new Badges to earn, especially to previous Skeleton Key bosses that don't have them now!

"Takanobu's Master" - Defeat Takanobu the Masterless in MooShu's Cave of Solitude
"Cheshire's Courier" - Defeat Billy the Cutter in Barkingham Palace's State Wing
"Harmonious Protector" - Defeat Temple Phantom in Kembaalung's Hollow Mountain
"Zafarian Historian" - Defeat Bellosh in Krokotopia's House of Scales
"Condemned Overseer" - Defeat In'Zhizor in Krokotopia's Lower Zigazag
"Honorable Savior" - Defeat Lambent Fire in Avalon's Crystal Caves
"Spiritual Challenger" - Defeat Akuji in MooShu's Tree of Life
"Emperor's Imperator" - Defeat Yakedo in MooShu's Crimson Fields
"Umbra Legion Vanquisher" - Complete every quest in the second story arc & defeat Morganthe
"Spiral Protector" - Complete every quest in the first story arc & defeat Malistaire
"Silver Champion" - Complete every quest in Avalon
"Dino-Mighty Hero" - Complete every quest in Azteca
"Fifth Column Champion" - Complete every quest in Khrysalis
"Wintertusk Warrior" - Complete all quests in Wintertusk
"Spider's Foe" - Complete "Back to the Arcanum"
"Bottom Weller" - Defeat Flevur Flave & Ridenhoer Delish in Avalon's Mysterious Well
"Adventurous Rescuer" - Complete every quest in Zafaria
"Walking Vegetarian" - Defeat Bunferatu in Castle Darkmoor's Upper Halls

They should really be placed in W101! I really like to earn more new Badges!

Survivor
May 31, 2011
14
I was thinking of a badge called "The Conqueror of (world)" You can earn it by defeating every creature in all the areas including the boss 5 times. The good thing about it is that it gives wizards something to do when their membership expires.

Signed,
Sophia DrakeShield level 40

Hero
May 07, 2015
724
Blaze03554 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps housing badges like...

"Proud owner of The Amber Estate"
"Master of the Winter Wind Tower"
"Caretaker of the Botanical Gardens"
"Sultan of the Sand Palace"
"Leader of the Acropolis"
"Lord/Lady of Darkmoor Manor"

That would be cool, it makes you feel like a proud owner!
ooh I like that idea! here's my idea.

"king/queen of the serpentine escape" (I have this house)

Miranda jade song ~ promethean pyromancer

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
144
'Sky's the limit' or 'Baron of Badges' for collecting all possible badges for one wizard (I.e. Not KI staff or school- specific badges, but all other earnable ones). It would be pretty neat to finally be recognized for getting all the badges in a showy way (even though I don't have them all).

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
Lore Collector

Collect all lore spells from loremaster, all of them

Ultra Trainer

Train a pet to Ultra

Hardcore
Defeat the Polaris Dungeon with only a starter deck, and no treasure cards

Gaunlet Opener
Buy a gaunlet

Pack Opener / Super Pack Opener / Epic Pack Opener /
Open 20,100,200 packs

Committed / Super Committed
Play Wizard101 2, 5 hours straight

Addicted
Play Wizard101 50 hours in total

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
767
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
I'd love to get more school badges rather than the one 'Master of ---'. You could even include some Astral or badges like 'Novice Metamorphoser' or 'Adept Enchanter/Enchantress' and 'Master Pishogue'. Plus more Shadowmancy/Umbramancy badges too.
Oooooo

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
767
A badge for everytime you craft a house? For Watchtower Hall, it could be the Night Watchman. For Treetop Getaway, it could be Tree Climber or Guerilla (get it? haha). For the Wyrd House it could be Wyrd Wizard.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
767
Blaze03554 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps housing badges like...

"Proud owner of The Amber Estate"
"Master of the Winter Wind Tower"
"Caretaker of the Botanical Gardens"
"Sultan of the Sand Palace"
"Leader of the Acropolis"
"Lord/Lady of Darkmoor Manor"

That would be cool, it makes you feel like a proud owner!
Agreed!

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
767
Fable Finder on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
A badge for everytime you craft a house? For Watchtower Hall, it could be the Night Watchman. For Treetop Getaway, it could be Tree Climber or Guerilla (get it? haha). For the Wyrd House it could be Wyrd Wizard.
For the Celestial Observatory it could be the Celestial Explorer.

1