Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-16-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya, Wizards! Once again, the calendar on my wall tells me it's Friday, so let's choose another topic to discuss, shall we?

This week, let's talk about faithful steeds. If you could wave your magic wand, and your Professor at Ravenwood (or your school's scholar in the Arcanum) could have their very own mount to ride, what would it be? It can be something that exists already in the Spiral, or it can be something completely new! For me, my first instinct would be a big, fiery red dragon, but I certainly could be talked into something else!

Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
Hiya, Wizards! Once again, the calendar on my wall tells me it's Friday, so let's choose another topic to discuss, shall we?

This week, let's talk about faithful steeds. If you could wave your magic wand, and your Professor at Ravenwood (or your school's scholar in the Arcanum) could have their very own mount to ride, what would it be? It can be something that exists already in the Spiral, or it can be something completely new! For me, my first instinct would be a big, fiery red dragon, but I certainly could be talked into something else!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
One thing that I've been wanting to do for a while is flying. Like in Super Mario Galaxy, in Wizard101, we could equip a mount, and we would just glow and fly around places. While this shouldn't allow us to fly over buildings, it would be really cool if we could just fly on our own with no assistance.

Edit: I read the question wrong again lol. I don't really care about our scholars and professors, but I still think we should be able to fly on our own.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2017
I would think that Alhazred would enjoy swirling around on a sandstorm of his own

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Zander could ride in the pouch of a kangaroo. That can be done in a family game, right?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Ignus would have a Raging Bull mount for sure

Survivor
Mar 29, 2015
School themed mounts would be cool - but - I would like to see more mounts on the gold standard instead of crowns.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016

i think if professor greyrose would have a candy candy cane broom seeing as she from a world made of candy and seeing as the ice school is sweet #iceisthebestclass

*i'm sorry that was mean*

Defender
Apr 06, 2013

Oh, well as just like the style of ice whirlwind mount, replace it with daisy petals, each flower sprouting based on movement, instead of ice sheets and that could be a mount I would want to see for moolinda wu and zander. As for another mount, just like the Mander Palanquin mount, have it in life school style and have 2 big gnomes carrying whoever seats on the chair which would again I would want to see the professor or the scholar ride the mount on.

Alejandro

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
i think ione should ride on the should ride on the shoulder of the storm titan and balestrom should ride on one of those lightning bugs from that storm spells falmea should just float in her own fire power and ignus should ride a raging bull i got others if you guys want to hear them

Hero
May 07, 2015
I think you, professor flamea, should ride a dragon or a fire cat.

I think, professor greyrose, should ride a ice bat or a snow serpent.

I think, professor balestrom, should ride a mini leviathan or lightning snake.

I think, professor moolinda should ride a unicorn.

I think, professor cyrus drake, should ride a blood bat or on the back of a cyclops (both of those would be funny to see)

I think, professor dworgen (or however his name is pronounced), should ride a mini katenstein's monster.

I think, professor alhazred should ride a scarab or a sandstorm.

(i know, i know you said only one professor, but i couldn't resist doing them all!)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
I have some ideas for all of the scholars at the Arcanum!

Arcanum
Baba Yaga- A Medusa or Minotaur that carries her around.

Ignus Ferric- A huge fire forge pulled by Raging Bulls.

Ione Vigra- A huge stormy bubble that she can go into.

Jaki Whisperwind- A giant opossum that she can ride on wherever she goes!

Qismah Shasa- A huge skull that she can control to take her places.

Qyburn Stellargaze- A Celestian submarine that he can operate.

Tarrak Hadfield- A Polarian-style sled pulled by Sea Lions.

Zander (he's so cool!)- A tree on wheels that can carry him.

I hope the scholars will take these ideas into consideration!

Victoria ThunderCloud, Level 71 Necromancer

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
Since my school scholar Qismah is always saying that death is simply a function of time,
She could ride on a Death Calendar mount shaped like a flying carpet

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would like to see more things added to mounts.. like a jewel socket or two.. Also a Marleybone mini bus that could carry 4 people. Sometimes my kids and I play together and it would be nice for us to all group up and be on one mount..

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Personally I think there are already way too many mounts in the game.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2016

I think Halston Balestrom would ride a giant worm! You know, since he's a frog. Like a rodeo.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
I like the idea of the professors/scholars riding mounts that're spells.
---Ravenwood---
I think the 7 Pip spells would look great for the professors (with exceptions)

Storm: Storm Lord
Fire: Fire Dragon
Ice: Frost Giant
Life: Bartelby wouldn't look right so I think Centaur or Forest Lord
Myth: Orthrus (which still needs to be a "hit-all" spell like the other 7 Pip spells)
Death: Scarecrow
Balance: Ra instead of Power Nova
---Arcanum---
I think the scholars can handle some shadow - enhanced spells and although the scholars didn't teach most of these spells...
Storm: Glowbug Squall, she rides one and the other buzzes around her
Fire: Fire From Above, he rides with an ally and the dragonfly is carrying the basket of lava
Ice: Abominable Weaver, the real question is does it walk on all it's legs or just the back ones.....
Life: Hungry Caterpillar
Myth: Mystic Colossus, I imagine Baba Yaga in the ball surrounded by all the swirling magic
Death: Khrulhu, IDK just like relax on his head (????)
Balance: Sand Wurm, the other spells are really "rideable"
Astral: Random Polymorph into one of the Khrysalis Moon spells when loading a new area
Shadow: She has a really big, dark shadow on the ground and when she stops, it forms into one of the three Shadow Creatures

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I'm curious as to what Moolinda Wu might look like riding a horse. It might not seem a bad idea.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Knowing Cyrus Drake as long as I have, I 100% could see him riding around in his dirty laundry basket. That way, he would be able to throw his dirty laundry at students as he rides by yelling "Have this cleaned by the time class starts!!"

Think about it. It's totally a Cyrus Drake thing to do. ;)

~Vanessa Mythdust

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010

I surely hope they get some new mounts for in omen,, wish they would give out the butterfly mounts or a two person mount once in awhile as a trophy win ,, would be a lot of fun trying for a chance to earn one,

Defender
Mar 04, 2012

Moolinda wu I see riding a swan with jewels and a bejeweled headdress on it and Zander I see riding a moss covered turtle with flowers and a tree stump for the saddle

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009

I would like to see mounts where one could turn into a "School Wisp" ie Death Wisp, Life Wisp basically you'd be a flowing ball of magical energy. Similarly, "School Flurry" type mounts. Similar to the Bat/Vampire Transformation that came in that Halloween pack, except for all the Schools ie Ice Flurry, Life Flurry, Balance Flurry...

Though I still think that the Linkable Mounts that I mentioned before, would also be cool.

Also I know that people were saying that there should be a mount for new players, what about special side quests in Krokotopia and going forward that allow you to get a permanent 20% mount? (That way it's kind of a reward for purchasing the crowns and/or membership?

Please do not add any of these to a hoard pack.....

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Maybe they should have clouds to ride in like the bat cloud mount.

Balance - Sandstorm
Death- Bat cloud
Myth- Bloodbats cloud
Life- A leaf cloud
Storm - a thunderstorm cloud
Fire - Flame cloud
Ice- an ice storm cloud

Then let us craft these mounts like the one you can get recipes for in Aquila

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
dialgapotato on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:
i think if professor greyrose would have a candy candy cane broom seeing as she from a world made of candy and seeing as the ice school is sweet #iceisthebestclass

*i'm sorry that was mean*
I LOVE ICE

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:
Personally I think there are already way too many mounts in the game.
You can never have too many mounts.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Vanessa Mythdust on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
Knowing Cyrus Drake as long as I have, I 100% could see him riding around in his dirty laundry basket. That way, he would be able to throw his dirty laundry at students as he rides by yelling "Have this cleaned by the time class starts!!"

Think about it. It's totally a Cyrus Drake thing to do. ;)

~Vanessa Mythdust
yaaas