Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-18-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya! It's Friday, and that means it's time for feedback!

As we announced and showed off on KI Live, we will be implementing the Magic Mirror Makeover shop with a future update! We've added a few new hair choices there (that go under your hat), and we always have the nifty, crazy hairstyles (the ones that take the place of your hat).

So, my question this week is this - if you could change your Wizard's hairstyle, what would your makeover look like? Would you just pick another one of the styles available from character creation or add some special ornamentation to your hair (like cat ears, horns, etc), or something else entirely?

I will be on vacation next week, and since this is a pretty fun topic, we'll just let this one run for an extra week.

Have a wonderful weekend and week and weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
if you could change your Wizard's hairstyle, what would your makeover look like?
I like the Unicorn Wig hairstyle, maybe with different colors or adjustable color combinations.

Would you just pick another one of the styles available from character creation or add some special ornamentation to your hair (like cat ears, horns, etc), or something else entirely?

If given the choice, I would like to see Horns, Halo's, Ears of every world type. Diversity of style is one of the charms playing in Wizard101 for me and my friends.

-Flint Stone

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Maybe adding a hair style with a tiara? The royal outfit set in the crown shop with the tall princess looking hat just doesn't look the best. If there's hairstyles with cat ears, and knight helmets for hats, I think a Tiara would be perfect.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I am excited for this update and i have to say, that in the update you also get to pick from default hairstyles, and hairstyles from the crown shop, just crown ones for a few crowns (no more than 100 possibly) and for default ones some gold.

also would be cool if they added a new hairstyle with dog ears

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Interesting question,
I always wanted a hair that has more than one color. Maybe, we could dye our hair with 2 or 3 colors stripes?
Also, since this is a magical game, maybe we could add magical things to our hair, like fire, or shinning life hair, or a frozen pony.
The last thing I would like to have is hair equiptments like in Pirate101.

~Arcanum Lore

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
Probably to something similar to my own hair, but a bluish colour since my wizard is ice. I’d also likely add some magical headphones or something

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on May 18, 2018 wrote:

As we announced and showed off on KI Live, we will be implementing the Magic Mirror Makeover shop with a future update! We've added a few new hair choices there (that go under your hat), and we always have the nifty, crazy hairstyles (the ones that take the place of your hat).

So, my question this week is this - if you could change your Wizard's hairstyle, what would your makeover look like? Would you just pick another one of the styles available from character creation or add some special ornamentation to your hair (like cat ears, horns, etc), or something else entirely?

I will be on vacation next week, and since this is a pretty fun topic, we'll just let this one run for an extra week.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Hi I’d love to see more curly hair options in game I’ve always wanted long curly hair in game my irl hair is like that so I’d really love to see it in Wizard101 (also have a great vacation Falmea)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2017
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
It would be a pretty severe look to be shaven bald, but I'm sure there are some people who could make that look good.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2014
This may not be very creative, but I someday hope for really long, straight hair. Like Sephiroth from FFVII (which would probably look fine under the hat) and/or Hatsune Miku length twin tails (which should probably replace the hat). The point is that since this is a fantasy game, unrealistically long hair would be nice.

If unnaturally long hair would be difficult to incorporate due to interactions with protrusions from robes leading to awkward graphics with the two passing through each other, than I guess my vote would be for Goku hair since it would only take up space above the wizard and would look awesome if done right.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Professor Falmea on May 18, 2018 wrote:

Would it be too much to have the cha-cha with cat ears?

(Or any hairstyle with cat ears. If it becomes easily available, I'll stitch it)

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
It will be cool if we could get tatoos on our face!
Imagine storm tatoos like Ioni's ☺ that will be awesome. And maybe more face expretions, all the new npcs got them

~The Arcanum Lore

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
oh yeah, this is a good question. i have posted about this often enough, hoping to see this in the game one day lol.

- longer flowing hairstyles for the ladies

- even the existing could be more, hmm, fluid in motion. the styles are so stiff looking, there's no flow

- hairstyles for guys that have like a soul patch, chin strap, goatie (think i spelled that wrong lol), etc. with bandana's or doo rags

- hairstyles with makeup for the girls

- instead of the helmet from darkmoor that makes your head look like a melon lol, that could be turned into malistaire's hairstyle

- hairstyles like the old oriental movies where the women wear the updo's with all kinds of ornamentation in it and even the men have the long braid down the back

- along with that, how about a super long pinned up ponytail that can be whipped out in battle and used as a weapon (katana, mortal combat, jackie chan, shanghai noon)

** for April Fools Day how about a "kids got into mom's makeup" look for girls with makeup not exactly on point, just like little kids would do and a hairstyle for guys that look like they just refuse to use a comb ... ever lol

- braided hairstyles with beads for guys and girls

well that's all i can think of for now. ty

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I would love some really long (waist length) styles as well as some cute shoulder length flips (up and under), The new pastel multi-colored hair styles would be a wonderful addition to the game.
I would also love to be able to see my hair showing under any helmet that my girl wizard might choose to wear.
Adding some magical tiaras, crowns, flower/ribbon wreaths and girly hats would be wonderful too!
Just because your a female wizard who is powerful and able to defeat the strongest evil bosses does not mean that you can't look fabulous and feminine!

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
How About Really Dark Red Long hair that doesn't look bright when your in battle plus a very long ponytail with bangs

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Yea, new hair choices! Hair's a couple of choices:

Medusa hair with real snakes please!

Bad Hair Day - just plain, silly, out of control, bad hairdo.

Helicopter Hair - hair is weaved into a helicopter.

Beaded Hair - with braids and beads

Electrified Hair - Similar to Bad Hair Day Hairstyle

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I would choose a hairstyle similar to what I have in real life, a sort of death hawk look, long on top and short or shaved on the sides. Maybe the longer bit is pulled over and like shoulder length?

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I like a short haircut with my bangs up with hair gel Add that or something similar to the magic mirror makeover shop and I will be a very happy camper indeed

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Only Mostly Done

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Professor,

Mind confirming a few things;

This Magic Mirror Makeover Shop, is it the same as the Barber Shop?
Or is it different?

The Barber Shop was promised for a while now, any idea when this and/or the Magic Makeover shop will be implemented?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
If I could make one change to my Wizards' hairstyles, I would want KI to allow us to change our ORIGINAL selections!

Yes, they were limited, but when I began playing, I didn't realize how important appearance was and that it could not be altered. As a result, a lot of my Wizards look alike, which I would not have done if I had realized I could not change it. I did a lot better on my 2nd account.

As for the hair - it would be GREAT if we could combine wigs with various head gear/hats. But we revert to that original hair style and color and I really detest some of my original choices. If we could stitch a wig or change the original hairstyle AND use hats along with that, it would be great!

As things go, not a big deal, just a little irritating. Other things should be addressed first.

FOR EXAMPLE - why don't our Wizards mature at all? They are in this school for years. They go from being young teens to graduating, yet there is no sign of any maturity, most obviously with the female characters. I'm not saying to give them huge bust lines, but they should show SOME sign of aging, develop a bit of a figure at least.

Must suck always being 12 years old, especially since they are risking their lives over and over again and making adult decision. Sheesh, even Harry Potter grew up!

Regards,
Suzanne

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Great question!

I would love to make my wizard's hair look like a sheep!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I would definitely add wavy/curly long hair with cat ears on Halloween or without the whole year. it would be super cute. or maybe a high ponytail, braids (2 braids 1 on each side) or Ariana Grande's hairstyle with the cat ears or antlers

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
It will be great if guys can get a hair that is less longer like girl's hair, and have a more manly hair. Because most of the male's hair styles are long.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Professor, if you would hold a community art/design contest on new hairstyles for wizards, us wizards might be able to share our ideas better/detailed.