Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-6-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! It's Friday, and we know what that means, right? Feedback time!

This past weekend we celebrated April Fools with our Ball n Chain mount, and we've seen a lot of you trudging around in shackles! In the spirit of this mischievous holiday, what's your favorite April Fool's item in the Spiral thus far? If you could wave your magic wand and come up with a new one, what would it be?

Also, I've heard rumblings that some older April Fools items may be making their way back to the Spiral at some point this month... on a Throwback Thursday perhaps... (but not the Ball n Chain, so get that one now if you want it!!!)

Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
My favorite april fools mount is the wonkey donkey. The mount rides the player instead of the player riding the mount, GENIUS!.

If I could create an april fools mount, I would create an invisible horse mount that no one can see it, not even you!. The way you could make it is that the player is sort of riding an invisible horse and it would be really funny because the player is in a riding position of riding a horse but you can't see the horse so it looks really funny, you still get the speed boost but it would be the mount no one can see!

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Oh my, which one to choose?

Gotta say Ball n' Chain is my fav one so far. After all, shambling around like you've been enslaved and put in a chain gang is just great *and has led to some pretty hilarious situations in the commons..*. I ought to do a challenge where i go through the game on a character with that as the mount..

Close second would be Wonky the Donkey

As far as April Fools mounts go, i think one that somehow scrambles your movement controls would be funny. Go left, head forward. Go right, head left. Have fun controlling yourself!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
If you want an April Fools mount done fast and cheap, I would recommend an invisible motorcycle. Just have the wizard do the rider animations for the Chopper mount from the Road Warrior pack, but don't give a model for the actual mount, so that the player is just suspended in midair.

Community Leader
Wonky Donkey has to be my favorite so far & for a new April Fools item, I would love to see a housing item A banana peel. If you walk over the banana peel you slide around OR Banana Peel Skates ;)

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hmm.. that is a really interesting question. Well, I think if I could have any april fools' mount that I want I would like to have 4 things:
1. Broken chair- The wizard will sit on the chair and when he moves he will fall and roll with the chair foward, also the wizard never sits down in the game and when he falls it makes all the joke that players will never sit in the game
2. Human Hamster Ball- The wizard will run in the ball it self to move around.
3. Piggle Rider- The piggle will be a bigger version if the piggle pet and it will hold the wizard from his teeth and when the player moves he piggle will fly with him.
4. Pillow Fight- 3 or 2 person mount of players doing a pillow fight with each other while they are moving which can be really cool bc there wasn't a april fools' mount for more than 1 person before.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I really loved the ball n chain mount. Slowpoke sloth will always be a classic though!

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Only Mostly Done

Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
a -60 percent wand it looks like a normal wand in the crown shop but when you get it it makes you fizzle everytime

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
I love the ball n chain mount and you could also add a funny looking pig mount which makes funny noises while it moves

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I thought the Ball-N-Chain was a great April Fool's day mount! I finally understood what it is like to be a Mander!

If I could create my own april fools day mount It would probably be maybe a Pillow fighting mount?

My favorite April Fools Day mount would definitely have to be the Mighty Steed! It is one of the best mounts ever to be released into the game.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorite April Fool's Day mount was the Slow Sloth. It's really cute poking around in my Life house.

As for a suggestion for future mounts, maybe a Fool's Cap? It could be a traditional jester's cap with ringing bells, which was the original fool's cap. The bells could jingle as we hop or somersault across the room. Oh, maybe we could juggle while we're wearing it!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
I would like to see more the Ultimate Protection gear. The hat is great what about a robe or shoes?

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
An invisibility cloak which makes you appear as a floating head.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2016
My favorite mount is the Wonky the Donkey mount.

An April fools mount I think that would be funny is maybe having a 2 person mount that if only one person is on it, it will make a Goblin or some character carry the person the way a groom carries a bride, or if there is 2 people it will have the other player carry the person who owns the mount.

Another one would be rather than just walking around on your two feet have an April fools mount that makes the player walk around on there hands instead.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
My favourite was The Mighty Steed a few years back.

For a suggestion perhaps a miniature pony mount that's tiny compared to the wizard riding it or, perhaps have like a ghost that chases the wizard around to go faster, or maybe a conga line mount that friends can jump in an join in front and behind the rider..

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
My favorite is the Slow.
I would like to see a Stick Horse or pig or gobblin or make different stick mounts and let us choose the one we like.
Ride on a bouncing ball, like the one that has a handle and you sit on the ball and bounce down the road.
Riding on a little pig and goes real fast.
A red Wagon
A Unicycle
carry a stool and when you stop, you sit on it
float in a giant bubble
A Gobblin dragging the wizard behind him by his collar
or make it a two person mount and you drag your friend or pet
I think those would be fun.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I love them all but the sloth is still my favourite. I was sooooo happy when it came up on a Throwback Thursday because when it came out for April Fools we hadn't discovered wiz yet! I love my sloth

I'd love to see a pet Haggis. When equipped the wizard would immediately take on the appearance of a Scottish bagpiper with their trusty pet Haggis running along. Some annoying bagpipe music to accompany this would be hilarious

The pet's name could automatically be prefaced with 'Wee' regardless of the name we choose....eg Wee King Morgan, Wee Baby Mocha etc

PS I'm really enjoying reading the ideas on here, I've laughed out loud a few times

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Taylorash9 on Apr 7, 2018 wrote:
An invisibility cloak which makes you appear as a floating head.
Really like this one

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The Wonkey Donkey hands down!

For the mount though.

A Rocket Ship that instead of moving forward when we press the right arrow, it moves us backward instead!

Or maybe a wheelbarrow mount. We'll be carrying (well, straining) the wheelbarrow filled with heavy supplies!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
My favorite is the Rubber Duckey -- l ride him all the time just because he makes me happy

I got a Ball n Chain because I liked the idea of walking so much slower -- and it's great for that -- thank you.

(At the normal walking speed l can't really take in new areas as l move.)

Problem with the Ball n Chain is it's funny for a while but I wouldn't want explore a whole new world all hunched over and sad looking. So I'm wondering if you could bring out one or more of these:
  • Bunny slippers with the same speed as Ball n Chain.
  • A toggle in our books normal / whatever negative speed BnC mount is
  • A very cheap Wonderment Elixer (so we could use it often) that makes you move at BnC speed but you are walking and just looking every which way as we do irl.

Id love it if the slippers had the same effect as the Wonderment Elixir- one would be if you just didn't have crowns for a mount the other would be permanent. Also it'd be great (and an extra selling point) if the slippers added in and out heal boosts - the percentage could change based on level of character equipping it so it was useful for the entire life of a character and usable by all characters.

And it would be awesome if it/they came out with the next new area to open up.

As always- thanks so much for letting us submit ideas and feedback :)

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
why not consider a wheel chair mount that takes corners on 2 wheels,

why not a superman type cape that makes the character fly on a level plane like the surf boards movement,

why not ride inside of a rolling tractor tire,

i was just now thinking of spiderman web slinging and swinging.

why not make all mounts socketed as well.

as for april fools let us consider a slow moving mummy mount?

the clumbsy mount that looks the part when one runs into a wall, like i always do anyway

a soap box derby mount?

how about a ride in a baby carraige

maybe become shane von shane?

how about we just go skipping about from quest to quest?

lets ride in a shopping basket

a rocking horse mount?

any animal mount where you are holding a treat on a pole in front of its nose

ride on a camera mount as if filming a reality wizard show

hop into a fire truck, an ambulance, a police car etc

a harrier jump jet ride

a formula one race car

a big shoe that kicks you in the behind as you run

become a vegetable or a fruit

become the rabbit and hop your own way there

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Oh man, this is too much fun to do. Love the April Fools mounts.

* "the old woman who lives in a shoe" mount. The wizard's head sticks out one of the windows and you got a bunch of screaming kids running in and out?

* A bow and arrow mount with the wizard being the arrow. The wizard gets shot out and lands head first to the ground, just a few feet ahead.

* Stumblers. Extra big shoes that make the wizard trip and fall ... a lot lol

* A pillow mount that dismounts you and swats you upside the head.

* A pole vault mount.

* A dog mount that drags its backside and howling along the way

* A helicopter mount were you're hanging beneath it by a cable

*The lemon. A piece of junk car that looks a complete mess

* A giant shoe that kicks you in the behind as you run

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Just one more mount i thought of. I grew up in a haunted house. One thing me and my sister saw that my us run out the house and not come back til our parents came home from work int he evening ... it was clothes coming down the hallway by themselves, with no body to be seen in them. That would be cool to see ... just your gear moving around but you can't be seen.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Apr 9, 2018 wrote:
My favorite is the Rubber Duckey -- l ride him all the time just because he makes me happy

I got a Ball n Chain because I liked the idea of walking so much slower -- and it's great for that -- thank you.

(At the normal walking speed l can't really take in new areas as l move.)

Problem with the Ball n Chain is it's funny for a while but I wouldn't want explore a whole new world all hunched over and sad looking. So I'm wondering if you could bring out one or more of these:
  • Bunny slippers with the same speed as Ball n Chain.
  • A toggle in our books normal / whatever negative speed BnC mount is
  • A very cheap Wonderment Elixer (so we could use it often) that makes you move at BnC speed but you are walking and just looking every which way as we do irl.

Id love it if the slippers had the same effect as the Wonderment Elixir- one would be if you just didn't have crowns for a mount the other would be permanent. Also it'd be great (and an extra selling point) if the slippers added in and out heal boosts - the percentage could change based on level of character equipping it so it was useful for the entire life of a character and usable by all characters.

And it would be awesome if it/they came out with the next new area to open up.

As always- thanks so much for letting us submit ideas and feedback :)
Uh ...keep in mind I meant the slippers as a MOUNT no one would buy them if all you got stst wise on your "boot" gear item was heal and slow walking speed. So they are a mount and when you're in a mount equippable area you see the mount slippers - when you're not you see the gear item boots - but the stat boost remains like with the Crystal Unicorn.

OR
As cute as bunny slippers would be - it would eliminate confusion if the mount was a reason or way we coul go about slowly.
  • "Pet" Turtle on a leash "mount" - you're walking the slow turtle and slowly looking around
  • Driving Daisy touring vehicle - a daisy covered covertable VW Bug shaped car

Stuff like that

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
For and April Fools ...though I guess this would be more of a pet suggestion than a mount... oh well.

What about a Pet Log?
It's a brown log on a leash. Remember the old Tool Tip Ruler on the old word processing program? It's an animated character ruler? Well this "dog" is like that. He's a log and he bends and jumps around suggesting the attitude of a dog (I'm seeing one of those wiener dogs.)

His primary trick is rolling over (obviously.)
When angered he sprouts flames for short legs, medium tail, little ears and generally a wiener dog face of fire.
When happy he has calm flames but they are there because they animate everything but his log body. He sits up, begs, bounces on hind legs and jumps occasionally. But mainly when you try to walk him you have to pretty much drag him like a dog in the rain.