Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-22-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday and now it's time for Feedback! Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Today, let's talk about our adorable pets. Always by our side, supporting us in battles, doing cute little tricks... Now, perhaps we should keep this topic of discussion between us as to not offend them, but I'll ask anyway. Would you change your favorite pet's appearance in any way? Or do you like them just how they are?

Happy Friday, and a fabulous weekend to everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
My favourite pet is the Judgement and I like her how she currently is.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2016

I wouldnt change a thing, but less fails ki.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I've been wanting to put my polar cat, and the blade that comes with him, on to a frostbound grimhorn.
If only we could stitch pets ;n;

Survivor
May 15, 2012
I'm not sure that i would change anything about my pet unless a pet fusion thing came around then i'd just give my little sabertooth, wings my judgement wings then.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
I think it would be great if we could change the colour of our pets. (More of the pets).
Happy Friday!
-Roslyn

Survivor
Aug 30, 2012
I would like to change them in some ways because like in the egg pet that comes out at Easter time it is cute but why couldn't we give it a little head on top of it in the shape of the chick. That would really look cute.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2014
I actually like what I consider my " favorite pet" how they are on any of my characters , lol

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
For me, it would depend on the pet itself. For example, a pet like a bumble bee or a flying squirrel, I'd keep the way they are because they are so cute to look at, and their dance is adorable. For a pet like the rain beetle that's a hybrid, the only 2 things I'd want to change on them is the hatch time from 21 hours to maybe an hour at most, and have the ability to dye it so it can match the wizard I'm wanting to pair it with. However, this is just my personal opinion.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Pets are one of my most favorite things about w101. It would be awesome to change their appearance. Whether it be adding an outfit or changing the pets color. Pets like to change up thier looks from time to time just like we do ;)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday and now it's time for Feedback! Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Today, let's talk about our adorable pets. Always by our side, supporting us in battles, doing cute little tricks... Now, perhaps we should keep this topic of discussion between us as to not offend them, but I'll ask anyway. Would you change your favorite pet's appearance in any way? Or do you like them just how they are?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
an old idea I had can be found HERE. It had to do with pets changing their look as they level up. This would ONLY be for school pets we get from quests, and not every single pet we get from quests either.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I like my Ruby Shenlong Dragon the way he is, but if I wanted to change his appearance, I would add wings to him, to make him look like the Fire Wyvern mount that way he looks more dragon like.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I would like it if I could change the appearance of pets because my pets that have the best traits are also some of the ugliest pets and the cutest pets I have, have the worst traits. Something I wish for is that their were a way to star pets in the list of pet names so that when my wizard gets new pets added to the list it would have a star color showing most recently hatched and a different star color that would show favor pets. lets say that a wizard hatches a pet with a friend then if there was a staring system it would make the star green to show that it just started life. So then when the player went to look for the new pet the player would just have to find the one with the green star. The pet would loss its green color star if there were say 5 green stars so the oldest one would have a blank star or unless the player colored it. Then say a blue or pink star color could be used for favorite. Having other star colors could be used to identify pets that are being used for hatching.

Another thing I wish for is a way to tell who has open chat and who has restricted chat. In the list where you talk to other players it has a lock symbol that never changes I wish that spot had an O for open chat and R for restricted and an M if a player has been muted but can read open or restricted chat even if all they can use is menu chat. Then the lock symbol could be used to show players that are only able to use and read menu chat. Also have an N show when a player has no friends online and L for list meaning a friend. It might also be nice if the box where the type is seen had a little box with these letters in it next to the wizards name so that if a player uses a menu chat phrase but has open or restricted chat you can see that and know you can reply without a menu response. If this system were in place it might make it easier to know if your asking people to find three wizards to join you when the word three does not have to be spelled tree or when it does for example.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
i'd have the blaze beast with its tail on fire

Hero
May 02, 2009
HA! No. My Fire Serpent, Pixie Queens and Firecat are perfect just the way they are.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
I would love to add a hat or change clothes on my sprites and ghoul. Would be a bonus if they came with stats (derby or battle perk wouldn't matter)

And not really an appearance thing, but I'd love to be able to name my own pet when it hatches.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Outside of a house design that is specific to pets, there are only a few things I hold wishes for in reference to pets.

1. (and thank you to all the hard core done over at PetNome), but a full glossary of pets and abilities would be nice.

2. I wish that my pet would interact more directly with other pets in pve battle. Whether with maycasts or mayhem and antics..

3. I wish I could stitch a pet appearance. I finally got that perfect stat pet, I can turn off his card if I want to... but I sure wish he looked more like his daddy mr. fluffy.

4. I wish tapping "good boy" in battle actually produced some effect. Change the algorithm by a number if I scold him?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
It would be awesome if we could dye more pets. Maybe even add patterns. I'd love to make a shadow beast black with white stripes, or black with white polka dots. Giving pets more customization options will make them feel more special and unique.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
As much as I love my pets, I definitely would. I think the ability to customize or accessorize our pets would be a very welcome addition to the game as it presents an opportunity to make everyone's pet one of a kind! It also presents a good opportunity for additional drops, and side-activities.

Hero
May 07, 2015

I would change the enchanted sword and shield pet (I cant spell the real name right) so it stands still and the casting thing would be it pointing its sword to the front and swinging it around all crazy like

Miranda jade song level 89(soon 90) pyromancer

~fire will hurt. but is also warm and inviting as well~

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I'm pretty happy with Princess Orio. The way her greens and browns match what I'm wearing is pretty nice. I wouldn't change her at all.

She's a life Scarab.

Catherine Rainbowsong

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014

I would never change my awesome pet giraffe Sandy. She repesents me as a balance cause she looks sandy.

Level 97 Rachel Day
Level 7 Rachel Fireblade

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It would be nice if we could dye them. I find myself looking for pets that match my outfit or trying to dye my outfit to match my pet (which doesn't work well most of the time).

Some pets are pretty large and are awkward to run with. The Brainy Assistant is a perfect example. It's a great pet I like to use on my baby Death wizard, but it's almost as tall and 5x wider than she is - LOL

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'm very happy with my pets' looks and wouldn't change them much. i agree that it would be fun having more pets that could be dyed, at least accents that could be dyed.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
The only changes I'd like to see are 1) make pets - or their garb and accessories - dyeable, and 2) maybe a different look for Baby, Teen, Adult, Epic, Mega as described above.