Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-27-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's been a busy week around here, and I just can't believe it's already Friday!

We've been sending out hints over social media, we released a developer's journal, and we talked about it on KI Live, and on Wednesday, we released the newest and shiniest to our Test Server! We're really appreciating all the feedback thus far and we're excited to add some more improvements when we bring the server back up next week.

My question this week is this: what is your favorite thing in the Spring Update? You can check out the release notes HERE for information on what's new if you didn't get a chance to jump in this week.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Thank you much for the Team-up and Team-Finder features in this update!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
If I had to pick one I think it would have to be the Jewel Crafting! I have a bunch more favorites like the Dragonspyre Fishing (can't wait to get those fish in the live realm) The new skeleton key boss in Darkmoor (can't wait to get the ring, athame, and wand for my energy gear), Join a team, the new fire spell Burning Rampage, and many others! I love this update and I'll be waiting patiently for it to hit the live realm.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
My favorite part is that we can now get jewels and so we can upgrade our pieces of gear. I can see this helping low and high levels a bunch because who wouldn't want extra stats? I think this idea is awesome. The only thing I could see being improved is to add percentage damage and resist jewels if they dont already exist. Of course to prevent unbalance make them like 1, 2 or 3 percent. I dont think that will unbalance the game.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
Jewels

While I do think the new gem system is a great implementation, it's not fair to members like me who don't use crowns so maybe you guys over there Kingslsle could make it cost a large amount of gold instead!

One-Shot Gauntlets

It sounds cool and I look forward to completing each gauntlet. Also, you guys probably already thought of this but when you buy them, the crown shop asks what level you want to fight at, the higher the level challenge, the better loot you should get and vice versa.
Teams

Teams does sound useful but to make it something people will use, there has to be a really advanced search feature. While I'm on the topic, I think there should be guilds that are permanent large teams which you can trade with and request certain players to help you.

Trove of Treasure Cards

I like it, with this soloing Celestia will finally become something that isn't just a massive pain.

Summary

The Spring Update seems massive and will likely change the way the game is played for a long time to come also, if your reading this please also read my article suggesting graphical changes.

Graphical Improvement: www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/better-graphics-
8ad6a4184c2c3600014c39d3f8974c30?reset=1

Justin SeaSword

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
For jewel socketing you only need crowns to unlock the sockets if you're too lazy to get a wrench. Putting the jewels in the sockets is free.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
This is a really cool and innovated idea and I am really happy and ex sided for this update I hope that higher level gems will give you dragon blade Wa I want dragon blade so bad

Codyraven lv46

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
The update is awesome. gems are the best, new dungeons and bosses super cool too. drop it live already! hehe, my friends are tired of hearing about it and ready to see

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Gemma Luna on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
New hidden bosses! Fun!
Great update!
I really like seeing more new Skeleton Key secret bosses, though, I thought there would be more in past dungeons, but, to reach them using the new sigils that hold them, that's real fine, too. Overall, I really like the new secret bosses! Keep adding many more like them... along with more new Skeleton Key treasure chest rooms, too!

The only thing I would like to see from these new secret bosses are badges by defeating them. The Four Dungeons' secret bosses don't have badges, so I say they should have badges added by defeating them, especially to the recent Skeleton Key secret bosses... & Yakedo in the Crimson Fields & Akuji in the Tree of Life in MooShu. Please add new badges to these secret bosses, Professor Falmea!

The recent housing gauntlets, however, I'm not too comfortable of them being "one-shot" only. To go through them only once after purchasing them, kind of gives away the replay value the game harbors a lot through numerous Zones & dungeons, too. I would highly recommend to add in "one-day" versions of these gauntlets, too, so that this way, we can enjoy them again & again once a day after going in once. Please consider this thought, Professor Falmea.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i can't wait until the find-a-team kiosk goes live~ here's hoping it will improve on what team up tried to accomplish (and lessen the odds that of getting quit on in castle dread-more).

-von

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I really like the jewels, but I do wish they actually affected the look of our equipment too.
I am sure that'd be way too much work though, but maybe someday!

I also love the find a team kiosk.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
New content is always top of my list! And cheat bosses at that, good times!

The new housing chat and planters are cool too. The whole update is great.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
The treasure card changes are wonderful. Less running about, and I won't need to hoard so many.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I gotta say, I am very happy with the organized badges. No longer will I have to scroll through tons of blank pages for ONE badge. Everything is neatly organized and easily accessible. Yes! Thank you SO much for that!

I also like Dragonspyre Fishing. It's challenging enough to be fun and really takes Fishing to the next level. I can only image how Celestia's going to top this (what with underwater fishing and all...*fingers crossed*).

I really like the Jewel Socketing system. It's very interesting. I haven't gotten a chance to customize my gear just yet, but I do love all the unique options.

The new Mash-Up spells are very cool, too. Can the Mash-Up Shane Von Shane casts be added to the loot table at some point in the future?

Finally, I'm very much liking that may-cast/shadow-forged weapons are making a return in the latest gear. It seems a lot more functional that what we saw in Khrysalis.

Overall, I think this is a very good update and I can't wait till it goes live!

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback everyone! A special, early edition Feedback Friday on Thursday will be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea