Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-4-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for feedback! Let's do this, shall we?

Today, let's talk about funny moments. I'm playing through an early version of Mirage, and quite a few times, I've actually laughed out loud. Since you don't yet have Mirage to judge ::grin::, I'll ask about the rest of the story. What moments in Wizard101 have actually had you laughing out loud? I'm pretty sure one of the first times I've lost it was when Cyrus asks students to pick up his dry cleaning. How about you?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I thought it was funny when Cyrus asked if I have been eaten by my summons when I was in my myth school character. I also caught the Dr. Seuss reference with the truffula trees. Some of the Quest names are funny like Frog In Your Throat.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In Drum Jungle when Koko Smokesign told us the very helpful incantation of 'Ooh-Eeh-Ooh-Ah-Aah-Ting-Tang-Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang'.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:

Today, let's talk about funny moments. I'm playing through an early version of Mirage, and quite a few times, I've actually laughed out loud. Since you don't yet have Mirage to judge ::grin::, I'll ask about the rest of the story. What moments in Wizard101 have actually had you laughing out loud? I'm pretty sure one of the first times I've lost it was when Cyrus asks students to pick up his dry cleaning. How about you?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I absolutely love the quests with the head of the sun and the head of the hungry night those to made me laugh so hard and that quest were we had to repair that statue and the dialogue complained about all the mess I also loved the boxes event when we got to see young Cyrus drake with that hair it was so funny I fell off my bed laughing

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
In Azteca when you have to open a door by humming the right song, and the narrator says "You hum until you are blue in the face. Finally, the door can't take it anymore and opens for you."

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
King Neza vs Morganthe in the throne room of Alto Alto, Azteca.

I love the bits and pieces of different types of cultures and languages that we get to encounter in each of the worlds, but hands down King Neza's dialogue had me laughing too much.

"Ohuaya, Ohuaya!"

Not to mention the fact that at this point in the story there was a very serious ambience in the composure of the characters, that having King Neza attach this cheery phrase with every serious line of dialogue had me containing my laughter while Morganthe and himself were essentially having a battle to the death.

King Neza: "Shadow Queen, Daughter of Spiders, Mother of lies, your time is done! Ohuaya! Ohuaya! The feather palace shall be our tomb! Huiya!"

Morganthe: "AHHH!"

*Ceiling collapses*

Me: Lol, what? *laughing* Ah.....Ohuaya! Ohuaya! *laughing*

See you in the game!

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I LOLed at pretty much all of Avalon quests the one I laughed at the most was doing the sacred words quest. Oh my giddy aunt, I laughed so hard.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Yay, I'm the first to reply!
Okay...
Anyway, the last time I remember actually laughing out loud was when our character had to perform as a polar bear ballerina in Polaris and pass it off as a foreign dance. Not only did I look stupid, but the Empress looked stupider, having actually believed it. It was funny. And embarrassing. It was fun-barrassing.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I found good few laughs in Azteca, the one I relay loved is the quest when we have to recover piece of a statue from Mangrove Marsh that we had to pull it out of dirt and it stained all the gear and dialog goes: "... seriously do this people realize how long it took to become a wizard?" or something like that.

Hero
May 02, 2009
One would have to be the way Dworgyn says "not to venture into caves with gates emblazoned with giant skulls."

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I had a few chuckles in Azteca and Avalon, but the part that made laugh the most was the dialogue said after defeating the jabberwock, saying something that you find his hearts in a misy mess and the last line, "who ever said being a wizard was easy"? I thought that was funny .

Alejandro

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I haven't laughed at all, but I hope that changes in future worlds.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
"A wee mo wah. A wee mo wah" - Queen Tanei Ghostmane
"You hum until you're blue in the face. Finally the door can't take it anymore so it open for you!" - in Azteca
The laugh of Duchess Carwalina is also very amusing.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
My favorite moment that had me laughing out loud was when Mackenzie Soul told me she'd spend all her money and crowns to beat me in a tournament! Little did she know she never did.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
flash33 on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
One would have to be the way Dworgyn says "not to venture into caves with gates emblazoned with giant skulls."
Flash33 beat me to it! When I first heard this line I absolutely fell out of my chair laughing. Not only the words, but the way the actor says them! I think this is the single best line I have ever heard in any game, period!

Also Dworgyn's description of Malistaire while doing the Five B.O.X.E.S. event: "Great man...a bit intense." You think? Again, the actor does a marvelous job! Great line!

TENURE FOR DWORGYN!

Happy Wizarding!
Suzanne

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
All of the above. The references and puns are great-one of the reasons I love to play this game.
Some others:
-dialogue on going to to Azteca on my storm (for a spell I believe): "Rider on the Storm...into this world you came, born by the wind...sent by a tiny frog in a top hat."
-Austri (Wintertusk): "I've pulled bigger things than you out of my nose."
-Captain K'torr J'rrol (Khrysalis)-all of his dialogue, I can only imagine what "ancient Moth seer" smells like. "Waugh! You reek of stale fish and rotten metaphors." The tough actin' cinnactin quest.
-King Neza (Azteca) telling Morganthe her words are chittering insect sounds.
-Drepa Hooktip (Khrysalis)-calling me "Hairless mouse! Antennae-less freak!"
-Papa Jacobo (Khrysalis)-"I'm hungry, feeding on chaos and living in Shadow! Where do I begin? I'll cut your life into pieces!"
-Jhae and Silent Bawb in Khrysalis. LOL
-Evandyr Halfear and the boxing references
-Zeke's Polaris Vanilla Ice quest

So many more, I could go on and on.

Survivor
May 30, 2013
The moment that made me laugh the most, was, well, let me put it in seven words, When Morganthe Fell Through The Glass Floor, I have no clue why but that made me laugh the most!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Omg, I definitely know. Every single time we had to talk to Captain K'torr J'roll in Khrysalis. (AKA Kronk from the Emperor's New School!) That's gotta be the same voice actor right? XD
Anyway, I counted the number of times he tells you you smell like something. The total is eight. I absolutely love little easter eggs of characters that either sound almost exactly like a cartoon character everyone thinks is funny (K'torr J'roll), Or characters that are so clearly based on a famous cartoon character. Next you might try something with Spongebob o:
Oh, and this next part is very important: Please make sure that we get to go back and talk to K'torr J'roll again, and have him mention something about spinach puffs LOL. Those who have seen the show know how funny that reference is :P

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I laughed when Sobaka said "library" with the stress on the wrong syllable.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2016
i thing a new loading screen and intro for the game would be really cool to see :) :D

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
the first time I did the 5 box event and saw Syrus Drake for the first time with his fro.. to this day my daughters and I call that box Fro and his Bro..

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Hmm... I must say that I have laughed at quite a few of the in-game references to other nerdy things, like when you first defeat the Maestro in the Five B.O.X.E.S. event (third dungeon, I think) and he mentions about three completely unrelated subjects. Most recently, I found quite a bit of humor when you are trying to open up the Tree of Secrets in Azteca, and the character cannot quite seem to pronounce the spell.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:

When I saw Baba Yaga's tooth

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
On my one successful run of the trial of the spheres, one of us had a huge hit, and the boss (Astreus or Pletomos) had survived with two health points. 2 HEALTH POINTS OUT OF 7000!

Catherine Rainbowsong

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
Hands down the funniest thing I have encountered was the Khrysalis part one Honey Mill Dialogue. The way the fire elementals sing a mixed up version of a disco song: "Burn baby burn honey mill inferno." made me burst out in laughter.

Tatiana Deathflame level 104