Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-26-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya Wizards! It's Friday, so you know what that means... without further ado...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

I'm so thrilled that we can finally share what we've been working on for months and months with you... Azteca! Dinosaurs are awesome! So, for those of you who have been able to jump on External Test - what's your favorite thing about the new update (no spoilers about the ending if you've gotten there yet, please!)? For those of you who have not yet, you can check out the update notes and tell us what you're most excited about.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Personally, I'm off now to go try to save some dinos... have a fantastic weekend everyone!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I personally love the whole world in generall it is really cool

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Professor Falmea on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Hiya Wizards! It's Friday, so you know what that means... without further ado...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

I'm so thrilled that we can finally share what we've been working on for months and months with you... Azteca! Dinosaurs are awesome! So, for those of you who have been able to jump on External Test - what's your favorite thing about the new update (no spoilers about the ending if you've gotten there yet, please!)? For those of you who have not yet, you can check out the update notes and tell us what you're most excited about.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Personally, I'm off now to go try to save some dinos... have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Thank you Proffessor! Have a nice week-end two! :D

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
I'm exited about most of the things. Especially that there are new rank 10 spells and new astral spells . Azteca is a stunning world rich with detail, which I'm sure will have as much to offer as the previous ones. The only major problem I see is the once again disappointingly bad gear. The gear is really bad and mostly useless.
Apart from that I cant wait to continue into the adventure of Azteca, I especially liked the beginning, very nice.

Monica StarBane

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
I cant wait to see who Morganthe's apprentice is!!!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
the new balance spell, sabertooth tiger, but i wanted it to be an AOE spell not a single enemy spell

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
  • i have not been there yet but it sounds fun! i hope there is a new myth polymoprh, myth needs one now!

sparkle this sparkle that who is afraid of the cat in the hat lol

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
I am a level 70 life wizard and i think the spinysaur spell in underpowered. all the other spells are extremely powerful.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Treasure Cards Thank you! You read my mindabout selling in bulk. With 2 Deadly Helephant gardens and 1 Evil Magma Pea garden and some odd Couch Potatos ( about 80 treasure card dropping plants,) this update is a Huge DealBut please .... please....allow us to do Something with the Poly-Morph cards ~ sell, destroy in bulk, or feed to a pet. I don't even care which anymore. We can't even give them away or sell them. They pile up if you have crown gardens and prevent you from accepting the cards you really want when harvesting.

I wouldn't ask that they become rare drops, for the people that only have a few card dropping plants - but as the whole Poly-Morph system is now - it punishes people who invest in Crown Seeds.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Love the Christmas Tree update....but hopefully there's still time to give it some tweeks.

It would be nice if all the lights sparkled at the low level and got the bright fuzzy burst in their turn.

As it is now, when they aren't in "burst" phase they are still flat.

Also, it would be nice if the green tree part shined green just faintly :D

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
TY for Advanced Combat Training additions and the subjects of the new trainings are great. They're All issues that confused me greatly when I was new.

Needs – Power Play, Doom and Gloom & Sanctuary since totally different from the other globals. No need to be long, just 1 or 2 added cards:

Now, there are 3 global spells unlike any other. Whereas, most Global Spells boost damage – Power Play, a Balance spell, boosts everyone’s power pip chances; Doom & Gloom, a Death Spell, diminishes everyone’s heals and Sanctuary, a Life spell, boosts everyone’s heals.

Instead of showing another animation those cards in his speech just have illustrations of the spell cards.

Please add new tab in our book for Diego Lessons Notes, where the dialogue from all of his lessons is recorded, so people – especially kids – can go back and look up something they missed, forgot or are fuzzy on. It’s important that it be in-game because I’ve played with many kids online that couldn’t search the internet.

Vicious Helmet needs Block – since Diego just told me that he was giving me a gift to demonstrate how the Critical and the Block work.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As a kid, I loved dinosaurs! As an adult, I'm still pretty stoked... and, if the arc ends like I think it does (am not there yet, but have been speculating), then Azteca will be THE best world EVER!

-veebz
kid at heart, only a grown-up on paper

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
There is one thing I'd love to see happen with this new addition of another world. And that is allow us to start with 3 pips instead of just the 2 pips we have now. Because of starting the fight and only being able to use a 2 to 4 pip spell vs the monster using a 6 + pips spells at the start (not talking about bosses, those whom been in Avalon know what I'm talking about). Not asking much just one more pip to start the fights especially since there will probably be more worlds after this one ( just guessing on the more worlds) and the monster will probably be harder than Avalon with allot more pips.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Im pretty upset at the spells coming out. Very underpowered for them to be rank 10. I think more thought should have been put into these, 68 spells do only 200 less damage for 2 less pips dont seem very balanced or fair.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
WiseOne70 on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
There is one thing I'd love to see happen with this new addition of another world. And that is allow us to start with 3 pips instead of just the 2 pips we have now. Because of starting the fight and only being able to use a 2 to 4 pip spell vs the monster using a 6 + pips spells at the start (not talking about bosses, those whom been in Avalon know what I'm talking about). Not asking much just one more pip to start the fights especially since there will probably be more worlds after this one ( just guessing on the more worlds) and the monster will probably be harder than Avalon with allot more pips.
I completely agree with this :)

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
I can't wait to reach to lvl 80 cant wait for these spells and I can't wait to get the fire dragon I also cant wait to get the new Astral Spells and the new world

Thx proffesor Falmea

Administrator
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm really happy to hear what you like, and I'll discuss the things you don't like as much with the team (though I guarantee - we have been combing the forums and reports for feedback and evaluating everything since we've been on Test). New Feedback Friday coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea