Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-10-14

1
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi there, Wizards! How about those new B.O.X.E.S events, hmmm? They're only available for a limited time, so make sure you check it out soon, before it disappears!

One major request we've seen is for some of the items you've found in the B.O.X.E.S. event to be available to place in your house. We'd like to see SPECIFICALLY which B.O.X.E.S. items what you're interested in for your very own, and also do a little test. Don't worry, it's not a pop quiz, you'll do fine, if you just follow instructions.

If there is an item - specifically in the B.O.X.E.S. event for now - we'd like you to do this for us:
1. Send an email to community@kingsisle.com
2. The subject of the email MUST BE: Housing Item Request
3. Mention the name of the item you're requesting in the email body
4. With the email, you must include two screenshots
a. A screenshot of the item you're requesting
b. A screenshot of the map of you standing by the item you're requesting

Warning: please follow directions, as items that do not have the proper subject or are missing information may be ignored. If this test goes well, we may expand this to other areas, but for now, please keep your submission to B.O.X.E.S. items!

Once you send your email, feel free to discuss below on the items you're most interested to obtain, but please remember that anything not submitted via email may not be considered!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!




Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Producer!)
Survivor
May 13, 2012
3
Falmea, i got a question for the special items thing AND just in general for B.O.X.E.S event.
First the items. Is it for every box? And can you teleport into a box?
Thanks -Blaze Wintertamer level 5

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
29
I LOVE the B.O.X.E.S. event! You all did a marvelous job with the story lines, voice overs, graphics and animations. I've been very impressed with the lack of bugs too. Congratulations to the development team!

Thank you for the new craftable mount. I'm excited to hear we'll be able to craft the music boxes too. As compared to the Lost Pages, this is a more enjoyable event as we're not hunting down and fighting multiple mobs to try and grab the needed Spellwrits.

My favorite Characters are Dworgyn and Cyrus Drake. Many laughs from them. I'd love to have them running around with me in game.

Onto the topic at hand, housing items. I'd like to have the portraits for my walls. Particularly one of Cyrus Drake and his crazy hair. It would be fun to have The Professor's time machine too. How about a Professor themed house where we can rewind ourselves into Spiral history?!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
6
Heather Shadowslin... on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
I LOVE the B.O.X.E.S. event! You all did a marvelous job with the story lines, voice overs, graphics and animations. I've been very impressed with the lack of bugs too. Congratulations to the development team!

Thank you for the new craftable mount. I'm excited to hear we'll be able to craft the music boxes too. As compared to the Lost Pages, this is a more enjoyable event as we're not hunting down and fighting multiple mobs to try and grab the needed Spellwrits.

My favorite Characters are Dworgyn and Cyrus Drake. Many laughs from them. I'd love to have them running around with me in game.

Onto the topic at hand, housing items. I'd like to have the portraits for my walls. Particularly one of Cyrus Drake and his crazy hair. It would be fun to have The Professor's time machine too. How about a Professor themed house where we can rewind ourselves into Spiral history?!
What do you mean you are excited to hear about being able to craft the music boxes? Where did you see that? Don't toy with me....I've been farming that last B.O.X. in Avalon for days, three of those days was for 10 hours each and I have yet to get a music box. Oh everyone around me gets them, but not me. If we are going to be able to craft them, maybe I can stop driving myself crazy going in run after run after run after run.

Please tell me that crafting music boxes is confirmed. I would finally be able to go to bed on time and rest, if so.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
3
I don't understand what is meant in 4a. A screen shot of the map of you standing by the item you requested? Are you just needing it to show what world the item is in?

Community Leader
I have a few questions -

1 - How many items per email? Also per person?
2 - The location of the item. I can't currently show the map of the BOX area. It only shows the area outside of the BOX. So there's no way for me to take a picture of the location of the item on the non-existing map. What shall I do to make up for this? Describing which box and where it is at, is that enough?

Thank you!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Kelsey Fireheart on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
I have a few questions -

1 - How many items per email? Also per person?
2 - The location of the item. I can't currently show the map of the BOX area. It only shows the area outside of the BOX. So there's no way for me to take a picture of the location of the item on the non-existing map. What shall I do to make up for this? Describing which box and where it is at, is that enough?

Thank you!
Please limit your housing item request to 1 item per email.

Send as many emails as there are housing objects you'd like.

In the B.O.X.E.S event, the map only shows in which section of the event the item is but we're thinking that if this test goes well and we expand this to the rest of game, seeing where on the map the item is will be useful.

Arthur

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
25
Professor Falmea on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
Hi there, Wizards! How about those new B.O.X.E.S events, hmmm? They're only available for a limited time, so make sure you check it out soon, before it disappears!

One major request we've seen is for some of the items you've found in the B.O.X.E.S. event to be available to place in your house. We'd like to see SPECIFICALLY which B.O.X.E.S. items what you're interested in for your very own, and also do a little test. Don't worry, it's not a pop quiz, you'll do fine, if you just follow instructions.

If there is an item - specifically in the B.O.X.E.S. event for now - we'd like you to do this for us:
1. Send an email to community@kingsisle.com
2. The subject of the email MUST BE: Housing Item Request
3. Mention the name of the item you're requesting in the email body
4. With the email, you must include two screenshots
a. A screenshot of the item you're requesting
b. A screenshot of the map of you standing by the item you're requesting

Warning: please follow directions, as items that do not have the proper subject or are missing information may be ignored. If this test goes well, we may expand this to other areas, but for now, please keep your submission to B.O.X.E.S. items!

Once you send your email, feel free to discuss below on the items you're most interested to obtain, but please remember that anything not submitted via email may not be considered!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!




Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
The B.O.X.E.S. event was very fun, but I have a question, will you ever bring it back like what you did with the lost pages event?

-Kane Thorn Exalted Necromancer

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
147
Thank you for taking time to listen to our feedback on this subject. And I cannot wait for when you guys start asking about items that we want from other Worlds, specifically Wysteria and Khrysalis. The furniture as of late is marvelous and I'm really impressed with all that you guys have done.

Anyways, on the topic at hand. I'd really like Cyrus' artwork. I'm thinking all of the ones that are hanging on the wall could equal one housing item so that it takes up less space in our inventory and more space on our walls when we're trying to cover bare spots. Plus it looks nice the way its structured with the paintings in random places, seems modern.

Lastly, I know that the decorations in Dalmea's dorm will be highly requested and I honestly don't want to see them released as items, yet. I think that they should be apart of School Housing Packs in the future. Especially since there wouldn't be any other School related furniture for other players.

~ Sincerely, Jace Daniels . . . .

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
what do we do if the item doesn't exist? I haven't heard of anybody getting music scrolls/themes as drops, but I would LOVE to see those. I can't send you a picture of that if it doesn't drop.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
I can't believe this actually happened!
Not so long ago I suggested it would be great to travel with the Professor, then I suggested in another forum thread wouldn't it be good to travel back in time to stop the spiral unravelling and here they are!
Ok it would be nice to think KI took my ideas and used them but I'm sure they've been planning this for sometime.
I loved all the quests exceptfor the final one as I felt it was just a promo for Pirate 101. I hope new quests become a regular feature as we still should see a young professor Greyrose and Arthur Westfield. I'd also like an improvement in drops, all I seemed to get were low level reagents and gear, I think the drops should be dependent on the level of the wizard doing the quests.
Looking forward to the next one Professor Falmea

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
40
I got lucky in Avalon and won a pogo stick It was great fun.

Survivor
May 30, 2012
1
Professor Falmea on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
Hi there, Wizards! How about those new B.O.X.E.S events, hmmm? They're only available for a limited time, so make sure you check it out soon, before it disappears!

One major request we've seen is for some of the items you've found in the B.O.X.E.S. event to be available to place in your house. We'd like to see SPECIFICALLY which B.O.X.E.S. items what you're interested in for your very own, and also do a little test. Don't worry, it's not a pop quiz, you'll do fine, if you just follow instructions.

If there is an item - specifically in the B.O.X.E.S. event for now - we'd like you to do this for us:
1. Send an email to community@kingsisle.com
2. The subject of the email MUST BE: Housing Item Request
3. Mention the name of the item you're requesting in the email body
4. With the email, you must include two screenshots
a. A screenshot of the item you're requesting
b. A screenshot of the map of you standing by the item you're requesting

Warning: please follow directions, as items that do not have the proper subject or are missing information may be ignored. If this test goes well, we may expand this to other areas, but for now, please keep your submission to B.O.X.E.S. items!

Once you send your email, feel free to discuss below on the items you're most interested to obtain, but please remember that anything not submitted via email may not be considered!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!




Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Wow this is amazing!!! YES i love B.O.X.E.S events. Thank you
JacobThunderSword

Survivor
Apr 20, 2014
5
lil wiz on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
Falmea, i got a question for the special items thing AND just in general for B.O.X.E.S event.
First the items. Is it for every box? And can you teleport into a box?
Thanks -Blaze Wintertamer level 5
no i do not think you can port into a box ya that really stinksstay cool

dayerider on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
what do we do if the item doesn't exist? I haven't heard of anybody getting music scrolls/themes as drops, but I would LOVE to see those. I can't send you a picture of that if it doesn't drop.
We plan to add musical scrolls in time for the next appearance of the event.

Arthur

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 11, 2014 wrote:
We plan to add musical scrolls in time for the next appearance of the event.

Arthur
excellent, then I dont need to email anything :) thanks for your reply

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
5
I LOVE THE BOXES EVENT. The younger versions of the professors is hilarious. Thanks for a truly entertaining quest.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
1
I just have one question for dalia.

Is this request also for reagents that you can find in the B.O.X.E.S event or just for housing items

Eric Duskcaller- level 100

Delver
Sep 01, 2009
269
Maybe I am misunderstanding the "map screenshot." I stood next to the item I am requesting, took a screenshot of that, then typed "M" to bring up the map. When I did that, the spinning book appeared above my head, but nothing happened. No map appeared. I emailed the screenshot I was able to take, and asked for help with the map portion.

This is such a great idea, though, and I really hope those amazing B.O.X.E.S. become available. There are others I would like to request, but I will wait until I either figure out the map screenshot, or receive further info. Thanks!

Squire
Nov 28, 2010
528
Kanethepro on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
The B.O.X.E.S. event was very fun, but I have a question, will you ever bring it back like what you did with the lost pages event?

-Kane Thorn Exalted Necromancer
As Mr. Weathersfield already answered, I had suspected the event would come back. The Maestro and Ostrame are still on the loose. So not only do I see the event coming back, but I also see more chapters added to carry on the story. There is still plenty of potential.

I do like how this event was designed. The Lost Pages Event seemed to drag on so long with all the Spelwrit battles. This one felt almost perfect. It felt like a leisurely gaming experience where a person didn't have to rush through everything, you could just take your time and enjoy it. It was more about the story. And it was an entertaining story. I didn't finish it with all of my wizards yet, but I still really enjoyed this event. A job well done!

Community Leader
Only 1 item? You do realize that was the hardest thing I ever had to do, right? So many great items in these BOXES. Great event cannot wait to see it come back.

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
658
Paige MoonShade on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Only 1 item? You do realize that was the hardest thing I ever had to do, right? So many great items in these BOXES. Great event cannot wait to see it come back.
One item per message I think ;)

Administrator
Paige MoonShade on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Only 1 item? You do realize that was the hardest thing I ever had to do, right? So many great items in these BOXES. Great event cannot wait to see it come back.
One item per EMAIL, Paige. You may email as many times as you would like. ::grin::

Glad to hear everyone has enjoyed the event, and we'll keep your feedback in mind for future events (and future appearances of THIS event)!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Producer!)
Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
I just want a thing similar to the B.O.X. that we can place outside and enter, like the Fantastic Fishbowl. I mean, seriously, the inside is awesome!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
1
Professor Falmea
I was wondering if it will be possible to get the sonic spring reagent another way after the boxes close. I just got to the crafting level needed to buy the pogo stick recipes the last night the boxes were open and bought the recipe for the raven wood pogo. I spent a few hours trying to get the sonic spring needed to craft the mount until I eventually had to go to bed with no luck, the boxes were closed the next day. I was just wondering if the boxes will be open again at a later date, or if there will be another way to get the spring.
Your response would be appreciated,
Justin ShadowHunter level 63

1