Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-11-19

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! It's 2019, and it's time for the first Feedback Friday of the year...

Let's not break with tradition. Today, I want to ask this - What is the ONE thing you want to see added to the Spiral (or changed) this year? Is it a new system? A mystery solved? Improving something already in game? We can't wait to hear your feedback!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jan 26, 2017
I would like to see another new event like the Knight Night crowns reward weekend!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Happy New Year!

Now, this is a fantastic question to ask to kick off 2019 season as many of us are beaming with ideas ready to share!

Unfortunately, I don't have just one, but rather, a list:

• Allow us to Trade Treasure Cards and/or spells across our wizards on the same account
  • Allow a Name Change Feature
  • Allow Players to submit Fanart to be used as Loading Screens across the Spiral.
  • Possible open another character slot (Heavily Requested)
  • Create more Polling Questions here on the Message Boards for players input on difficult decisions.
  • Upgraded Chat System for those of us who are unable to gain Open Chat and pass a background test of some kind.
  • Improved Block Rating.
  • Second Chance Chests for all bosses or someway to summon the boss back after defeated (if in dungeons such as the ones in Mooshu)
  • Easier, less taxing way in training pets.

Hopefully these ideas again make it to the Discussion Room.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
A level 130 dungeon similar to darkmoor

Daniel
Visionary Necromancer lvl 130
Divine Paradox

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
It would be nice to have the ability to trade reagents with friends the same way as we can trade treasure cards with them.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Awhile back you guys impressed me. You did something once claimed impossible when you found a way to fix the direst and most basic flaw that plagues PvP, the turn system. You introduced it to players as a tournament which is really amazing! For once in years I felt Wiz PvP could be enjoyable again. But today it grows upsetting to see this fairness so restricted while other PvP remains broken.

In every other game I played the norm is for matches to be fair and opponents face off with equal conditions in the system. In some games there's a special mode where a random player will have an advantage for the duration of the match and the challenge lies in overcoming these odds against you.

But Wizard101 PvP works backwards. The norm is a player being first and dominating the match, and the balanced matching is kept as a side attraction.

I have but one wish for Wiz in 2019: For all PvP to be turn-based.

It's been two years since the mode was introduced, now we've just finished the third story arc and are about to enter 5th age in a few months. I can't imagine a better time to bring this minimum, essential and desperately necessary balance to the game.

In a more poetic way: I want the most basic engine of dueling to not take sides. I want matches not rigged in someone's favor. I want to win - or lose - matches because of how I play or how much I polished my stats, not because I was first or second.

~R

Survivor
May 21, 2012
This is a huge question. I would love to see a system where you can track your progress through a world. This could look like: 13/38 main quests in (this world) or 39% Main quest completed for this area. It would help to know how far you are in a world. Can work with side quests as well.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
My suggestion or ONE thing to see added is a world like maze runner. A huge maze where players have to go through and find the end, but every hour ( time can be your own thought ) the walls change like a labyrinth. While in the maze monsters and bosses as well are walking around, some have to be hard like grizzleheim final bosses when they first came out. I enjoyed that struggle to find a way to beat them. If you so happened to die inside the maze you start from the beginning again, You get your 4 potions and that's it. Go in as a team ( team of 4 at max ) or alone at your own choice, but pvp is permitted in this maze. Add 1 or 2 areas in which you can buy ONE potion of any kind while inside the maze ( resets if you die inside ). if you reach one of these potions areas it counts as a spawn location, But the further out in the maze you go, the harder the bosses and monsters get. During the night time (real day time) the npc monster spawn rate highers. Beat the maze and you get yourself a choice of gear. This gear would be the next step from mali gear which people use. I feel this would be a good reward for a maze as big as a world.

Just my suggestion, I feel this is new and I myself made mazes on wizard101 which I found very fun to do. There was mazes on the house share section as well I saw hundreds of people do. Its a world you have to map out, explore, survive, and pvp is open for a new feel in wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Would love to see a level 100 elixer for those who have already completed arc 2

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
By far what I'd like to see are benefits for Crowns Players! Something like, Free Tourneys "for players who have spent 'X' amount of crowns on areas", or at least "for players who have spent 'X' amount of crowns in their account within the last 30 days"

I have purchased literally every area in every world of the Spiral, but I'm still limited by what I can do in the game because of the fact that I can't do ranked PVP or tourneys without spending crowns, or take advantage of the temporary benefits that members receive. I also can't report people, and though I very rarely come across the need to be able to anyway, I think it's something that we Crowns Players should be able to do.

If that's too much, I'd at least like some insight on some of the inactive NPCs of the Spiral, such as Grumlik in Grizzleheim or Marek Thistlethorn in DragonSpyre.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Star Edward, great list. I would like to see the first four on your list for sure!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2016
Perhaps a bank where any overflow gold once you fill your gold bag is deposited? With deposit limits based on your level as follows:

Level 1-50: 5,000,000 gold max.
Level 51-75: 7,500,000 gold max.
Level 76-100: 10,000,000 gold max.
Level 100-125: 15,000,000 gold max.
Level 126-130 (and future levels up to 150): 25,000,000 gold max.

A marketplace similar to the bazaar but you can sell items to other players for gold or items, say similar to the way treasure card trading works, if you are in the same room as your friend you click a button that opens your backpack so you can tradr gear, housing items (excluding castles), seeds, reagants, and pet snacks.

The ability to trade treasure cards across wizards on the same account, perhaps via the shared bank with a max capacity of 500 TC's.

Thank you to the KI staff for reading our suggestions.

-Quinn Silvercoin (Grandmaster Diviner)

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
How about adding the seventh wizard to account so we can play all schools.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
More color options for dying to match gear that cannot be dyed. Or make all of the gear dye-able.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2014
I would love to see another character slot so we could have a wizard for every school

JasonDragonFlame LV 119

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
More apartments like the ones in Mirage, across all the spiral worlds. For a first batch, you could start by putting one on every street in Wizard City.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
I'd like to see your energy refill when you level up in gardening.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I would love to be able to stitch pets. Or buy back back a talent if pet fails (would be very helpful for those who do not have mega snacks). It would also be nice if we could give some mounts to friends or at least be able to explain how to buy them in crown shop when someone doesnt have open chat

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
As usual, you will get many ideas here, because I refuse to limit it to just one.

The complete removal of the critical system

Removing the quest lock from spell crafting
Wizard rename option that does NOT cost actual money (just like with pets)
GOOD Energy ONLY gear
Updating all outstanding packs to max limits BEFORE releasing any new packs

Easier way to train pets
Better mob dropped gear. If you can't do that, dont waste time coding non-elite boss gear.

An account shared pet zoo where we can drop ALL of our pets into, giving us a way to sort pets into rooms (like the way the arcanum is set up) by schools. If all pets in the room are the same school, it puts the school's icon above the door making it easy to figure out which room to go into.
A way to learn spells we currently dont have access to
elite dungeon token system for faster farming boss gear

Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
Honestly I'd like to see more words added to the chat system. As the chat system is very limited at the moment, and things that are trendy words (such as oof, yeet, boop, or just a line of a's like "aaaaaaa" etc.)
I understand the chat system is limited for family friendly reasons, but it doesn't hurt to add more words ^-^

Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
(I don't mean to make two replies)
But maybe even adding the ability to trade pets? Or even trading apparel in-game?
Or maybe updating the character models in game a bit? (like, our character models) (I know it would take quite awhile to update them, along with clothing to fit the characters, but it'd be a nice addition to the newer graphics that were put in Wizard City )

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
Hi folks! It's 2019, and it's time for the first Feedback Friday of the year...

Let's not break with tradition. Today, I want to ask this - What is the ONE thing you want to see added to the Spiral (or changed) this year? Is it a new system? A mystery solved? Improving something already in game? We can't wait to hear your feedback!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Joinable Factions/Groups that actually are led by an NPC and have their own set of rewards!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2018
I’ve always wanted some more minor characters to receive more spotlight. Like Yngvar Sharptooth. Alternatively, it would be nice to see more key room dungeons.