Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disconnecting Due to inactivity Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
My idea is that:
When we "disconnect due to inactivity,we should be be able to log back in with our Username and Password instead of loading it back up again.

What are your opinions of this idea

Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
I think this is a good idea. I am usually on my slower computer, and when I need to stop playing to eat or something I just exit to character selection so I don't need to load the whole game again, sadly most of the time I get disconnected. It would be good to implement this into the game, so you can get back to playing even faster!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Samsparks on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
My idea is that:
When we "disconnect due to inactivity,we should be be able to log back in with our Username and Password instead of loading it back up again.

What are your opinions of this idea
This needs to happen. I don't know why there isn't a "Relog" button on the window.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
I honestly don't understand why they don't do this already, like the person said above me, why not a re-log button? That sure would be nice, or atleast place us in character selection. There should even be a button that lets us choose if we wish to log out or go to the character selection.

I personally forget the game is loading when I log back in and never get to play again that night.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Okay,okay,I can see all of your complaints,but think about this, when some random guy just walks up to your computer 20 minuets later when it should of been disconneted due to inactivity they're just sent back to character selection they could get on your wizard and totally mess up your wizards reputation or get it reported or some thing bad like that.You'd get really mad .they disconnect it like that so that random guy cant get your password because they'd need your master password to get your email adress to get your password.so if you were disconnect due to inacttivity they were just doing it for safty.so you're not mad

~antonio ravensword level 41 master pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
magicwand101860 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Okay,okay,I can see all of your complaints,but think about this, when some random guy just walks up to your computer 20 minuets later when it should of been disconneted due to inactivity they're just sent back to character selection they could get on your wizard and totally mess up your wizards reputation or get it reported or some thing bad like that.You'd get really mad .they disconnect it like that so that random guy cant get your password because they'd need your master password to get your email adress to get your password.so if you were disconnect due to inacttivity they were just doing it for safty.so you're not mad

~antonio ravensword level 41 master pyromancer
My idea is that when the " Dis-connectivity box comes up, there would be a place where you could log-in in the Dis-Connectivity box , like maybe under it.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
When I need to go eat I leave it at character selection but when i come back i have to log back on and do the whole process

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yes that gets old having to restart everything. I understand the reasoning for auto disconnect incase server is over populated but to log us entirely out is frustrating.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I found a loophole I guess, turn your connection off and on after 10 seconds. It will disconnect you and give you the option to go to character selection screen.

But yes, this is a good idea.