Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connecting Through Message Board :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I always thought the TFC was so we could connect with people in game without having to find each other but when I came here I found out they change the chat of those with menu chat. It allows text chat between true friends so when I added a TFC on a post it got moderated out. I was a bit confused at first then I found out about it changing the chat so it makes perfect sense that it can't just be used to connect.

I would love it if KI would consider the idea of another type of friend code so we can connect more easily from here for trading, hatching, helping If there was a code that could be added when we're not both online but keeps our chat features the same it would be really helpful and cool.

What do you all think? Would you like this too? Am I missing any down side to it or would it be useful and good?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's difficult to arrange any meet up time within the game.

So your idea has plenty of weight here.

Or create a private link that appears when you click on someone's name here. The link would say "Send True Friend Code."

In this case, the code will the valid up to 72 hours and since it's private, others won't be able to see and use it.

Just another thought idea.

Private Messaging is also an idea.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Star Edward on Jun 18, 2018 wrote:
It's difficult to arrange any meet up time within the game.

So your idea has plenty of weight here.

Or create a private link that appears when you click on someone's name here. The link would say "Send True Friend Code."

In this case, the code will the valid up to 72 hours and since it's private, others won't be able to see and use it.

Just another thought idea.

Private Messaging is also an idea.

Yeah

Part of it was that it would have to be something different from the True Friend Code because of how it alters menu chat. I'd really like if there was a way to easily connect wizards through this site while keeping menu chat players safe - obviously KI are keeping them safe by not allowing TFCs to be used here

Create a Buddy Link Code - chat features remain the same but both parties can use the code to connect their wizards without trying to navigate time zones, availability and realms etc to be in an exact location at exactly the same time. It's too easy for things to go wrong with arrangements and as communication is fully moderated it's impossible for them to post to let you know they're running a bit late or it's loading so you know to wait a little longer.

It would be nice for our wizards to be able to support each other more easily in game