Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2013
I don't know if anyone else tends to do the same thing but sometimes when someone talks directly to me I don't realize they are talking just to me. I get the personal message that is directly for me confused with those of who are chatting all around me. Sometimes because of people chatting so much I miss the personal messages meant just for me.
I know they have messages meant for you show up in a different color at times. Or it shows two smiley faces to the left in the beginning of the message when it's meant just for myself. But as I said I don't always realize it right away.
Even when someone walks up to you in the game and not on your friend list so you know the message is for you. I find it so hard to understand when someone is talking to me or someone else. I don't want to seem rude if I respond to something not meant for me. Also I don't want to seem rude when a message is meant just for me and I end up ignoring them not sure if it is for me or for someone else.
If only there was a way to make those messages easier to acknowledge. Or to separate personal chat from the whole game chat. Just to make is all less confusing.
Also may be the notifications of when you or another member levels up, or when you collect something, or rewarded something be separate from the chat box. It doesn't really confuse me but just so that it doesn't cause you to miss a message from a friend or another player.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
NickieNicole428 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else tends to do the same thing but sometimes when someone talks directly to me I don't realize they are talking just to me. I get the personal message that is directly for me confused with those of who are chatting all around me. Sometimes because of people chatting so much I miss the personal messages meant just for me.
I know they have messages meant for you show up in a different color at times. Or it shows two smiley faces to the left in the beginning of the message when it's meant just for myself. But as I said I don't always realize it right away.
Even when someone walks up to you in the game and not on your friend list so you know the message is for you. I find it so hard to understand when someone is talking to me or someone else. I don't want to seem rude if I respond to something not meant for me. Also I don't want to seem rude when a message is meant just for me and I end up ignoring them not sure if it is for me or for someone else.
If only there was a way to make those messages easier to acknowledge. Or to separate personal chat from the whole game chat. Just to make is all less confusing.
Also may be the notifications of when you or another member levels up, or when you collect something, or rewarded something be separate from the chat box. It doesn't really confuse me but just so that it doesn't cause you to miss a message from a friend or another player.
Whisper Chat is your answer, young Wizard. They will appear on the left side of your screen, always in a white bubble.