Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

call for help option please?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2020
I have been trying to farm waterworks, and keep running into a problem - other people leave shortly after luska, and sometimes immediately after loading in! Presumably they look around, discover there are no cosmic wizards to carry them, and leave.

This makes it very frustrating, especially if there are people trying to complete the quest. Is there any chance KI could reconsider the restriction against porting into dungeons? Maybe allow one wizard to port in if there are only one or two wizards remaining in a dungeon?

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I think the Friendly Players feature has that Option.

Survivor
May 09, 2020
Cowan, why would you say that? Did you read my post? Oh - maybe you interpreted it a little too literally!

When I said I wanted a "call for help" option while in a dungeon, what I really meant was that I wanted it to be possible for friends to respond! I have certainly asked for help when I found myself alone or even teamed with only one other, low-level wiz after the rest of the team had left. But my friends get "Your friend is busy right now". We have tried many combinations of creating groups, turning "friendly" on, etc., but joining a dungeon like waterworks or atlantea while it is in progress is impossible.

You see, in dungeons like Atlantea, it is even legitimately possible that some people have been given the Squid Tentacles quest, while other are doing the main quest. More often though, somebody with shadow comes in to farm the Squid, and then leaves - stranding the remaining player(s) who thought they were joining a four person team-up for the main quest.

We need the ability for friends to port in if the dungeon does not have at least four players. I understand the difficulty . I would imagine you are trying to constrain the population to four players, and it is possible that the initial players intend to return.

So we need you to make it possible for the people leaving to do the right thing; maybe pop up a box asking if they intend to return or are giving up their spot. If they are giving up their spot, inform the remaining players, and let them invite friends in. I don't think you need to worry you are encouraging bad behavior. Have a few volunteers farm Atlantea and Waterworks for a bit and record the results. I think you will see why I wrote the initial post.

Explorer
May 13, 2018
I guess some dungeons aren't portable, which is a shame. Also, when said wizard leaves, it still counts them as being inside, in a way? Which is why some portable dungeons don't let other people in when wizards leave.