Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buff Wings Of Fate

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
We have been asking for a while to buff the Wings Of Fate. Can you please consider making WoF a mass attack spell> We only have ONE attack all spell and we get it at level 58 and it isn't nearly as good as any other schools mass attack spells. Storm and Death are probably the best schools considering storm can choose from their 7893295829 mass attack spells to choose from, and death can mass attack, and get to full health in ONE spell. Every other school has a variety of spells to choose from that can attack all, but we are stuck with our forest lord. Life wizards went out into an uproar when we got the spell because we knew that we would never use it because it is basically pointless, especially if you are trying to feint the opponents. I am sure that 99.9% of life wizards will agree on this very much because we want a mass attack to match with the exalted stage and to help them in battle instead of relying on their level 58 spell that is nowhere near as good as any other schools mass attack spells. Please take this into consideration because it is very much talked about, and very much deserved.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
I guess adding feedback to the game doesn't get any attention I guess. Life wizards are literally getting the unfair end because of all of the AoE spells everyone else gets, and we get one dingy forest lord that we get at a level half our level we are now/ Fix your game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1004
Pouffy on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
I guess adding feedback to the game doesn't get any attention I guess. Life wizards are literally getting the unfair end because of all of the AoE spells everyone else gets, and we get one dingy forest lord that we get at a level half our level we are now/ Fix your game.
there is a thread of this in Ravenwood commons called " Wings of Fate- I'm disappointed :(" You might get a better responds there

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
32
If they exchanged the dot with a mass cleanse and buffed the heal, then it would be worth using. I don't see why a lot of the other schools get cool spells and life gets one with a black and white (goose) hooking up at nigh then getting high and... Twerking? While death gets a iconic Cthulu, there is a eye of a beholder, and owl that reminds me of Clash of the titans, and even a sand worm from dune. PS. pls speed up the absorb distribution on rebirth to match the same form seraph shadow form.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
FurryFool on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
If they exchanged the dot with a mass cleanse and buffed the heal, then it would be worth using. I don't see why a lot of the other schools get cool spells and life gets one with a black and white (goose) hooking up at nigh then getting high and... Twerking? While death gets a iconic Cthulu, there is a eye of a beholder, and owl that reminds me of Clash of the titans, and even a sand worm from dune. PS. pls speed up the absorb distribution on rebirth to match the same form seraph shadow form.
Honestly, I love the animation of Wings of Fate. It's very simple, yet natural. That's not saying there aren't other mythical creatures that can be used for representing Life spells, but in terms of animation, I'm happy with the spell.

As for the rest of the spell, it really is rather disappointing. With an attack less than that of Forest Lord, and the inability to revive defeated allies (which every other healing spell can do, mind you), I have absolutely no use for it. It's easier for me to wait a round for another pip to use Forest Lord, rather than even mess around with Wings of Fate. And it is rather clear that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Pouffy on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
We have been asking for a while to buff the Wings Of Fate. Can you please consider making WoF a mass attack spell> We only have ONE attack all spell and we get it at level 58 and it isn't nearly as good as any other schools mass attack spells. Storm and Death are probably the best schools considering storm can choose from their 7893295829 mass attack spells to choose from, and death can mass attack, and get to full health in ONE spell. Every other school has a variety of spells to choose from that can attack all, but we are stuck with our forest lord. Life wizards went out into an uproar when we got the spell because we knew that we would never use it because it is basically pointless, especially if you are trying to feint the opponents. I am sure that 99.9% of life wizards will agree on this very much because we want a mass attack to match with the exalted stage and to help them in battle instead of relying on their level 58 spell that is nowhere near as good as any other schools mass attack spells. Please take this into consideration because it is very much talked about, and very much deserved.
Hello, Jonathon92500, sorry for the late reply. Anyway, feedback DOES get people's attention in the message boards. Players have suggested for WoF to be improved many times, yet KI hasn't considered it. WoF's damage was buffed a little bit, but it's that DoT that really kills it. I don't know what KI was thinking. DoT spells aren't even Life's specialty. Leave the DoTs to the Fire wizards. The only time I used WoF was to see its animation. That's it. This will probably not be the last time we see a post about WoF.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
FurryFool on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
If they exchanged the dot with a mass cleanse and buffed the heal, then it would be worth using. I don't see why a lot of the other schools get cool spells and life gets one with a black and white (goose) hooking up at nigh then getting high and... Twerking? While death gets a iconic Cthulu, there is a eye of a beholder, and owl that reminds me of Clash of the titans, and even a sand worm from dune. PS. pls speed up the absorb distribution on rebirth to match the same form seraph shadow form.
Haha that description was hilarious. Like Shannon, I'm also one of the very few people who actually likes the WoF animation. I think it's cute xD

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1004
Shannon Skybreaker on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, I love the animation of Wings of Fate. It's very simple, yet natural. That's not saying there aren't other mythical creatures that can be used for representing Life spells, but in terms of animation, I'm happy with the spell.

As for the rest of the spell, it really is rather disappointing. With an attack less than that of Forest Lord, and the inability to revive defeated allies (which every other healing spell can do, mind you), I have absolutely no use for it. It's easier for me to wait a round for another pip to use Forest Lord, rather than even mess around with Wings of Fate. And it is rather clear that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Best of luck!
S.S.
Exactly, I too like the Animation but I feel the DOT was a bad move. How can I use the spell. Almost every time I cast it those who likes using feints gives me drama and/ or flee. It gets irritated to have a spell I can't use.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Thank you guys for all of the feedback! I am glad that we are all sticking together on this because WoF is rather useless and nobody really uses it. The DOT ruins it, I agree. I think that it DOES in fact need a buff, but as you can see, KI has not listened to a single bit of our ideas on wings of fate because life wizards have been begging for this for months and nothing has been done sadly. I have to stick with my level 58 spell at my exalted stage to fit in with the rest of the crowd with all of their cool mass attack spells that they choose from, and I am over here with my one forest lord to choose and It sadly isn't working out much at an exalted stage

Hero
Sep 07, 2011
761
Given the uncertainty of shadow pips. WoF isn't going to get used as much anyway. It's a specialty spell, good for tanking on life -- heal your team, damage or kill minions, and draw fire while your teammates buff up. If you just want a quick clear, Fluffy still gets the job done. Yes. it's a 58 spell, but so what? It works.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Gemma Luna on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Given the uncertainty of shadow pips. WoF isn't going to get used as much anyway. It's a specialty spell, good for tanking on life -- heal your team, damage or kill minions, and draw fire while your teammates buff up. If you just want a quick clear, Fluffy still gets the job done. Yes. it's a 58 spell, but so what? It works.
I got frog at level 22, and I still use it way more than mystic colossus!

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
125
I would just like to point out that myth's best aoe spell (not shadow enhanced) is frog which does 325 damage.

No more complaining now.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
The Weather Man on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
I would just like to point out that myth's best aoe spell (not shadow enhanced) is frog which does 325 damage.

No more complaining now.
Yes. A little bit more because you guys got an upgrade along with every other school, and we didn't. The argument you searched for is invalid. Sorry, but you have the right idea, but the wrong discussion on the message boards.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
Pouffy on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Thank you guys for all of the feedback! I am glad that we are all sticking together on this because WoF is rather useless and nobody really uses it. The DOT ruins it, I agree. I think that it DOES in fact need a buff, but as you can see, KI has not listened to a single bit of our ideas on wings of fate because life wizards have been begging for this for months and nothing has been done sadly. I have to stick with my level 58 spell at my exalted stage to fit in with the rest of the crowd with all of their cool mass attack spells that they choose from, and I am over here with my one forest lord to choose and It sadly isn't working out much at an exalted stage
As much as I wish that Wings of Fate could be altered to have a great appeal, I do feel that the time for that has passed. It would be unlikely that KingsIsle would change the spell, and if they did, it would probably only affect base damage/heal by a small amount. The DOT aspect will remain regardless.

The only thing to be done is to express ideas for future spells.

I would also like to respond to a few others in this thread who are comparing spells. For those of you who do not own a high-leveled Theurgist, it can be easy to miss this aspect, but allow me to attempt an explanation. Low-leveled 4 or 5-pip spells are very accessible, and therefore, are easier to use. I would know, having both a Necromancer and Thaumaturge over the level of 100. I still use Deer Knight and Blizzard very often, just how others mentioned using Humongofrog. However, Theurgists lack access to a non-Shadow enhanced low-pip spell, and often must wait a full two rounds before they can AOE. This simple fact has caused me to change from my Theurgist onto either my Necromancer or Thaumaturge to help out others on lower quests.

Surviving almost solely off of an 8-pip AOE can make the game feel slower than surviving off of a 4/5-pip one.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Hero
Sep 07, 2011
761
Jasmine3429 on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
I got frog at level 22, and I still use it way more than mystic colossus!
Exactly! Some schools do get more AoE, but even max Storm wiz still use Lord and Temp. Success is not about how many spells we have, it's about picking the right ones. Shadow-enhanced are not always the most reliable attacks.

Forest Lord is effective, no matter what our level. Would it be nice to have more? Sure, but Life is still one of the best schools to solo.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
The Weather Man on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
I would just like to point out that myth's best aoe spell (not shadow enhanced) is frog which does 325 damage.

No more complaining now.
Like Pouffy stated, your point is irrelevant. You're excluding shadow enhanced spells because you know there is an AOE spell that is greater than Humongofrog.

Re: Given the uncertainty of shadow pips. WoF isn't going to get used much anyway.

Since when has the uncertainty of shadow pips caused players to stop casting shadow spells? If this stops you from casting shadow spells, you might as well only cast 100% accuracy spells, for casting anything lower than 100% could result in a potential fizzle.

It's a specialty spell...

Yes, just like many other spells in the game. This doesn't stop players from casting them when needed. I'll rather have a spell only used in specific situations than having one I don't use at all.

Some of you are off topic bringing your discussions from a previous post that got locked. Like bringing Humongofrog as your argument as to why WoF shouldn't be buffed (?).

I still stand my ground and think the Life school itself does not need a buff nor is it weak. However, I do think WoF's DOT should be removed. If by buffing the Life School, Pouffy, you mean removing the DOT from WoF, then yes. Life needs a buff.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
985
Shannon Skybreaker on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
As much as I wish that Wings of Fate could be altered to have a great appeal, I do feel that the time for that has passed. It would be unlikely that KingsIsle would change the spell, and if they did, it would probably only affect base damage/heal by a small amount. The DOT aspect will remain regardless.

The only thing to be done is to express ideas for future spells.

I would also like to respond to a few others in this thread who are comparing spells. For those of you who do not own a high-leveled Theurgist, it can be easy to miss this aspect, but allow me to attempt an explanation. Low-leveled 4 or 5-pip spells are very accessible, and therefore, are easier to use. I would know, having both a Necromancer and Thaumaturge over the level of 100. I still use Deer Knight and Blizzard very often, just how others mentioned using Humongofrog. However, Theurgists lack access to a non-Shadow enhanced low-pip spell, and often must wait a full two rounds before they can AOE. This simple fact has caused me to change from my Theurgist onto either my Necromancer or Thaumaturge to help out others on lower quests.

Surviving almost solely off of an 8-pip AOE can make the game feel slower than surviving off of a 4/5-pip one.

Best of luck!
S.S.
THAT!

Not only does Life's AOE being an 8 pip spell prolong the battle, but Regeneration is a 5 pip. (5 pip is borderline plan ahead spell territory) When I am called upon to help, I have my deck equipped with most of my healing spells and one or two attack spells. I would gladly wait an additional round or two for an AOE/HAF that combined the aspects of Regeneration and Forest Lord.

Alas I cannot comment as to whether WoF is that spell or not.

Steven Ghoststalker
73

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Angel of Solitude on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Like Pouffy stated, your point is irrelevant. You're excluding shadow enhanced spells because you know there is an AOE spell that is greater than Humongofrog.

Re: Given the uncertainty of shadow pips. WoF isn't going to get used much anyway.

Since when has the uncertainty of shadow pips caused players to stop casting shadow spells? If this stops you from casting shadow spells, you might as well only cast 100% accuracy spells, for casting anything lower than 100% could result in a potential fizzle.

It's a specialty spell...

Yes, just like many other spells in the game. This doesn't stop players from casting them when needed. I'll rather have a spell only used in specific situations than having one I don't use at all.

Some of you are off topic bringing your discussions from a previous post that got locked. Like bringing Humongofrog as your argument as to why WoF shouldn't be buffed (?).

I still stand my ground and think the Life school itself does not need a buff nor is it weak. However, I do think WoF's DOT should be removed. If by buffing the Life School, Pouffy, you mean removing the DOT from WoF, then yes. Life needs a buff.
Each school has 40+ spells, 36 of which you will never use, its just the way it is. Most spells are only useful in specific situations, if you have 4 general spells that get a lot of use, that is no different than every other school.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
142
WoF was a gagger when I got it, useless when I tried to use it and pointless to even load it. LIFE has to stand alone just like all the other schools and sticking Life with a spell that makes all the other wizards cringe, yell, moan and groan makes it useless also . . . what was the purpose of moving ALL shields and traps on enemies on it and on Earthquake? It's like adding an ounce of poison to the sweet elixir of the spell!

We WANT a powerful AoE DAMAGE spell that matches power of squid, glo bug, bull, mystic colossus and nested fury!

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Jasmine3429 on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Each school has 40+ spells, 36 of which you will never use, its just the way it is. Most spells are only useful in specific situations, if you have 4 general spells that get a lot of use, that is no different than every other school.
Every school uses their shadow spells. You can't sit here and tell us that you don't leave a shadow spell out of your spell deck because it "Isn't good enough". You don't know the struggle of having a bad spell until you run into the life school. And yes. YOU get to choose what spells you can use because you have MANY AOE spells to choose from (Judging by your storm symbol as your avatar). Life on the other hand, we have one and we got it at level 58. Sorry, but you have to be more persuasive.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Shannon Skybreaker on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
As much as I wish that Wings of Fate could be altered to have a great appeal, I do feel that the time for that has passed. It would be unlikely that KingsIsle would change the spell, and if they did, it would probably only affect base damage/heal by a small amount. The DOT aspect will remain regardless.

The only thing to be done is to express ideas for future spells.

I would also like to respond to a few others in this thread who are comparing spells. For those of you who do not own a high-leveled Theurgist, it can be easy to miss this aspect, but allow me to attempt an explanation. Low-leveled 4 or 5-pip spells are very accessible, and therefore, are easier to use. I would know, having both a Necromancer and Thaumaturge over the level of 100. I still use Deer Knight and Blizzard very often, just how others mentioned using Humongofrog. However, Theurgists lack access to a non-Shadow enhanced low-pip spell, and often must wait a full two rounds before they can AOE. This simple fact has caused me to change from my Theurgist onto either my Necromancer or Thaumaturge to help out others on lower quests.

Surviving almost solely off of an 8-pip AOE can make the game feel slower than surviving off of a 4/5-pip one.

Best of luck!
S.S.
As SOON as the spell came out, the life wizards went out in a giant uproar with horrid results. It's not that we are too late, it's just they they do not care enough. Storm will always stay on top of the pecking order.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Pouffy on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Every school uses their shadow spells. You can't sit here and tell us that you don't leave a shadow spell out of your spell deck because it "Isn't good enough". You don't know the struggle of having a bad spell until you run into the life school. And yes. YOU get to choose what spells you can use because you have MANY AOE spells to choose from (Judging by your storm symbol as your avatar). Life on the other hand, we have one and we got it at level 58. Sorry, but you have to be more persuasive.
I happen to have a max wizard of every school, so yeah I do know!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Pouffy on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Every school uses their shadow spells. You can't sit here and tell us that you don't leave a shadow spell out of your spell deck because it "Isn't good enough". You don't know the struggle of having a bad spell until you run into the life school. And yes. YOU get to choose what spells you can use because you have MANY AOE spells to choose from (Judging by your storm symbol as your avatar). Life on the other hand, we have one and we got it at level 58. Sorry, but you have to be more persuasive.
Some of us play many schools and actually value the diversity! The majority of these posts I see on how such and such a school needs buffed are very biased toward one school without looking at the whole picture. I for one do not want all the schools to be the same!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
387
Pouffy on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Every school uses their shadow spells. You can't sit here and tell us that you don't leave a shadow spell out of your spell deck because it "Isn't good enough". You don't know the struggle of having a bad spell until you run into the life school. And yes. YOU get to choose what spells you can use because you have MANY AOE spells to choose from (Judging by your storm symbol as your avatar). Life on the other hand, we have one and we got it at level 58. Sorry, but you have to be more persuasive.
I'm gonna offer my feedback on Wings of Fate.

I really don't care about that spell, because Life is completely fine the way it is. Who cares that the other schools are getting AOE spells? It's not like Life needs another, because Forest Lord works fine just the way it is. If anything, Lamassu works wonderfully as an AOE whenever I don't have the pips for Forest Lord.

Also, I know that other schools have more AOEs, but it's not like we use them all. My other maxes still use their low level AOE hits, and in some cases, I even use them more than I use my Shadow-enhanced spells.

Side note - I used Wings of Fate all the time in Mirage before I got Lamassu, and I really didn't think it was as bad as everyone thinks it is... The only change that I want for it is that it can revive dead allies.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Jasmine3429 on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Some of us play many schools and actually value the diversity! The majority of these posts I see on how such and such a school needs buffed are very biased toward one school without looking at the whole picture. I for one do not want all the schools to be the same!
They are nowhere near the same. Storm will always be on top of the pecking order, and Life will always be on bottom. Simple