Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Jewel Drop rates please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
This is something I haven't really taken much notice of until very recently.

I have just started another 2 characters on an account so I play them alternately through each world. I used a level 50 elixir to avoid the grind of the lower worlds. KI got some crowns out of that but it was beneficial to me as well so IMO money well spent.

My information/data is open to scrutiny as I did not keep an accurate jewel drop record as I quested however my characters still have the empty slots proof enough for me.
My primary objective was to get critical and accuracy jewels to support my critical/damage pet and accuracy for spell casting. Flawed, Blemished, Dull, jewels would all have been greatfully accepted during this time.

I have run both characters completely or almost completely through Wintertusk Grizzleheim, Celestia, Mount Olympus Bronze x 2, Upper and Lower Zizag x 2, Waterworks x 2, just started Zafaria. To my surprise from all these quests and most side quests I did not receive a single tear jewel on either character. The other jewel drops were very sporadic and sparse, I did receive 1 flawed critical and 1 Dull accurate on my Myth character and 3 Dull critical and 1 each Accurate Dull and Plain on my Death character. I did receive other jewels that I didn't want however overall the numbers weren't very high (no data to prove this though).

Like I said I do not have records to support what I am saying but I am asking if the Jewel drop rates and jewel types could be significantly increased for lower level worlds so we can get the full benefit of the jewel slots that become available through gear as we level up.
Making these jewels more readily available would also be beneficial to lower level players who are already disadvantaged by the fact that their gear does not contain very good accuracy or pip stats appropriate to their school (fizzles and single pips can make battles very difficult).

Thanks

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
svo007 on Apr 4, 2020 wrote:
This is something I haven't really taken much notice of until very recently.

I have just started another 2 characters on an account so I play them alternately through each world. I used a level 50 elixir to avoid the grind of the lower worlds. KI got some crowns out of that but it was beneficial to me as well so IMO money well spent.

My information/data is open to scrutiny as I did not keep an accurate jewel drop record as I quested however my characters still have the empty slots proof enough for me.
My primary objective was to get critical and accuracy jewels to support my critical/damage pet and accuracy for spell casting. Flawed, Blemished, Dull, jewels would all have been greatfully accepted during this time.

I have run both characters completely or almost completely through Wintertusk Grizzleheim, Celestia, Mount Olympus Bronze x 2, Upper and Lower Zizag x 2, Waterworks x 2, just started Zafaria. To my surprise from all these quests and most side quests I did not receive a single tear jewel on either character. The other jewel drops were very sporadic and sparse, I did receive 1 flawed critical and 1 Dull accurate on my Myth character and 3 Dull critical and 1 each Accurate Dull and Plain on my Death character. I did receive other jewels that I didn't want however overall the numbers weren't very high (no data to prove this though).

Like I said I do not have records to support what I am saying but I am asking if the Jewel drop rates and jewel types could be significantly increased for lower level worlds so we can get the full benefit of the jewel slots that become available through gear as we level up.
Making these jewels more readily available would also be beneficial to lower level players who are already disadvantaged by the fact that their gear does not contain very good accuracy or pip stats appropriate to their school (fizzles and single pips can make battles very difficult).

Thanks
what i have discovered regarding jewel farming is if you are farming for opals (Accuracy/Pip/Damage reduction) and you have over-leveled the jewel level for that jewel then the drop rate falls off dramatically to the point that you will more than likely not see any jewel drop from the enemy that is leveled below you. Jewel drops seem to be more fair when you are a few levels below the jewel level you are seeking. Once you match the level, you won't see anymore of the rare drops from that enemy. You will need to find an enemy that is leveled above you to get the drop rate back into par with what you are hoping for. This may or may not be true just a personal experience from my jewel farming attempts.