Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
3
Dear Wizards,

I would like to say, that I really loved the Beastmoon Hunt!
But sadly, it is just an event, that is coming and leaving.

My wish is, that since Beastmoon Hunt is like PvP but different, it should stay all the time.
Of course the rewards can be event based, but I think the game itself should stay like PvP is staying.

It just happens that you dont have much time during these events, so you cant play much. I would like the Beastmoon Hunt more if it was staying forever, so you can go back to it when you have time.

Best regards, Anna

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
11
Hello,

I have not done the Beastmoon hunt yet, but have done the other two events. In them i picked up some Lunari. I can not see where it is or how much i have or even if i have any. Can some one tell me where to find out how much i have. (Yes i did look in every place)
Thank you

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
66
Wildwiz123456 on Aug 10, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I have not done the Beastmoon hunt yet, but have done the other two events. In them i picked up some Lunari. I can not see where it is or how much i have or even if i have any. Can some one tell me where to find out how much i have. (Yes i did look in every place)
Thank you
Lunari check 1 - The Arena. Click on 'Beast Form Upgrades' then check to see how much 'lunari' it costs to upgrade tier. The bottom coin shows "Your total".

Lunari check 2 - NPC Actaeon in Arena. This is the 'Recipe Shop' and shows how much lunari it costs per recipe. Your lunari count is on the bottom.

I would like a way to check our lunari anywhere in the Spiral. And I too enjoyed the Hunt. The only flaws were not making it totally understandable within the instructions on the importance of planting those seeds immediately in order to upgrade tiers; and the locking of certain Beast Forms even though we were able to spend lunari upgrading those locked forms levels; and many of the spell cards were illegibly uninformative and many spells just make no sense in their descriptions (2 storm damage? It did not specify per pip which is my guess. And spells damaging ourselves in an environment where we could often lose in just 1 turn? No thank you.) I did enjoy it though and wish I had more time and a faster way to earn lunari.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
39
The Beastmoon hunt is the most enjoyable part of the game. It's team based, but winning isn't everything. You can lose the match and still get a 'consolation prize', so you haven't wasted the time. I have several characters, and would love to have more lunarii to upgrade my beasts, but there's not a source for it, outside of the combat. Sad to say, it costs hundreds to go to another tier, and that's the most important achievement of the event. Beastmoon hunt is better than all the rest of Wizard 101, and should be a game unto itself. An entire section of the Game devoted to beasts, and what you can do for/with them. Companion beasts, like pets, would even be an option. Being part of a 'crew', that works toward group goals, could also be included. The possibilities are endless, and the event is better than any other section yet revealed. It's simply better than having a character going to class to become a wizard, because a beast is just that. A beast.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
39
Gorman Deathstalke... on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:
The Beastmoon hunt is the most enjoyable part of the game. It's team based, but winning isn't everything. You can lose the match and still get a 'consolation prize', so you haven't wasted the time. I have several characters, and would love to have more lunarii to upgrade my beasts, but there's not a source for it, outside of the combat. Sad to say, it costs hundreds to go to another tier, and that's the most important achievement of the event. Beastmoon hunt is better than all the rest of Wizard 101, and should be a game unto itself. An entire section of the Game devoted to beasts, and what you can do for/with them. Companion beasts, like pets, would even be an option. Being part of a 'crew', that works toward group goals, could also be included. The possibilities are endless, and the event is better than any other section yet revealed. It's simply better than having a character going to class to become a wizard, because a beast is just that. A beast.
I agree that there needs to be a source of lunari, other than the hunt itself. The beasts are interesting, and you can have one of each, each upgraded to a higher tier, but there's just not a source of the needed lunari. This damages the game almost as much as not getting your high level attacks, when the team you are on is pre-destined to lose. That's a tough one as well, when you can capture all the locations, including the spiral, and hold them while you lose.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
61
I'm confused as to how to keep your level or tier. I had enough Lunari to level to 5th ninja, yet not enough to level the card tiers. I love the hunt, but I do not love that you have to keep on using lunari to level up your beast EVERY hunt. Will you change this, or do you expect us to keep using Lunari every game? If so, we need another outlet to create Lunari other then the hunt, because it is next to impossible to level both of the tiers at the same time, and lock them in.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
61
stemogstel on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
Lunari check 1 - The Arena. Click on 'Beast Form Upgrades' then check to see how much 'lunari' it costs to upgrade tier. The bottom coin shows "Your total".

Lunari check 2 - NPC Actaeon in Arena. This is the 'Recipe Shop' and shows how much lunari it costs per recipe. Your lunari count is on the bottom.

I would like a way to check our lunari anywhere in the Spiral. And I too enjoyed the Hunt. The only flaws were not making it totally understandable within the instructions on the importance of planting those seeds immediately in order to upgrade tiers; and the locking of certain Beast Forms even though we were able to spend lunari upgrading those locked forms levels; and many of the spell cards were illegibly uninformative and many spells just make no sense in their descriptions (2 storm damage? It did not specify per pip which is my guess. And spells damaging ourselves in an environment where we could often lose in just 1 turn? No thank you.) I did enjoy it though and wish I had more time and a faster way to earn lunari.
I agree, we need a tab to check how much Lunari we have just like we have a way to check how much gold and crowns we have.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
39
I've been doing the math, and find that about 3500 lunari will get one character a single beast form, at high tier, and high level, for a single instance of the hunt. More lunari will be needed for subsequent hunts, and the appropriate reagents. Since every player needs a "second beastform" in case his primary is taken before he gets to it, It requires another 1500 lunari for that. The quantity needed exceeds the quantity which will be available, by a small amount, but if you don't eat, sleep, or take nature breaks, you can do it. Alternatively, the programmers/admins can come up with another way to earn lunari. I'd be willing to earn one a day, as a part of the Daily assignment, in lieu of any other reward. Just give me a box to tick, and I'll go through every daily assignment, for the single lunari per day.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
1
I agree been play for a while now, Beastmoon hunt is great. I did pvp now Beastmoon hunt is better in my opinion.
I hope we can get the coins to upgrade our beast somewhere else. I only play Beastmoon hunt now, hope to see u all there

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
158
Hello fellow Hunters,

I wanted to point out that KI does give us a chance for at least 150 Lunari each hunt by earning points
to fill up the individual progress bar. I realize 150L is not a ton, but it IS basically free Lunari each month/hunt..

Priorities in BM need to be spending your initial Lunari on the BM seeds so you can get your statues to obtain tier. Now, if you work toward a tier to UNLOCK the beast form (Tier 1) that should be your 2nd goal.
If you are playing as many matches as most of the people posting about BM, you will be earning hundreds of Lunari per month. If you upgrade your fave beast to Level 3 when each hunt begins and aim to purchase one Tier per month - this seems reasonable given the way it works now. Once you have a tier unlocked, you can choose the long path toward earning enough to get to Tier 2 and 3 but it better be on the one you like to play. There is a good argument for playing matches as many beast forms to see which ones you excel at.

I agree with the advice to unlock tiers on multiple beast forms but again, this is hard with the limited Lunari.
Most wizards can expect to unlock Tier and upgrade 1-2 Tiers on a favorite beast, then unlock Tier 1 on one other form. Ambitious wizards with a bit more time on their hands can opt for more.

It is very tempting to upgrade your beast to Level 5, (especially for Ninja Pig), but then you are blowing your goal of Tier if you don't play enough matches that hunt. So once you have maxed your level on chosen beast, you have to play 100+ matches to earn enough for the higher tiers. Even the jump from 1 to 2 is steep. It's a tough choice each hunt. The first few days of the hunt are so difficult in this way, trying to decide how to spend and where, on which wizard? The last 2 days of the hunt are much easier because you cannot justify leveling with so little time left to earn tier. Even if you don't earn enough this hunt, you know if you don't spend on level, (or beast moon robe recipes lol), you will have enough L to level Tier next time.

I also agree that another way to earn Lunari would be perfect!! They could drop 2-5 pieces of Lunari for Elder school plants once in a while, or award bonus Lunari at the end of a match (win or lose) based on how much you did in that match. Let's face it, if you don't actively participate in the match and you let your team win for you, how fair is it that you get 29 Lunari and so do I.. when I actually captured 6 circles, (2 of them in combat) and KO'd 5 people on the opposing team? If wizards were to be rewarded with bonus Lunari for capturing circles, defeating enemies, healing a dead team member, there might be more incentive for them to be active during the match.

BM chests reward cards and battle coins - how about 1-2 pieces of Lunari every once in a while? If you have too many cards and 100 battle coins, you will just pass by chests and not open them. I see people ignore chests quite a bit. What are some other ways we could realistically obtain more L?

For the wizards who have stated they have too much Lunari and don't know what to spend it on, they have crafted the robe and obtained tiers. They will need something new to spend L on.

Thank you for the new Avalon map and all of the new beast forms! Tried it in test, can't wait to see it in Live!
Maybe for December's hunt?

Autumn WildHeart
Beast Fan