Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance,myth,life,death. are not STRONG?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
83
Dogempire on May 17, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion my favorite schools are life and death.

Why? They fit my playing style. I don't like being easily put into a jam where I can't heal myself fast enough. Life spells heal VERY high. Scarecrow also heals high enough to bring a death wizard back to full health.

I guess I like life and death because they can use their own strengths and use that strength to put the opponent at a disadvantage.

Death can use doom and gloom as well as infection and can use spells like Dr. Von's Monster to heal themselves while going right around the field spell.

Life can stack life dispels with gnomes and disable all schools but death and balance from healing as life is the primary school of healing. Then they can troll by setting up a sanctuary to make them heal even better.

I guess the 2 schools just fit my playing styles though.
I completely agree with you. They are my two favorite schools.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
83
AnthonyAngleBrand on May 23, 2013 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA, that was funny but ummm how about we are just as strong as with out you guys. Now look at me boasting about how we are just as good without because we are. Now look at you being like us elemental
wizards saying were nothing without you. Also Malistaire is NOT the strongest wizard so bye
He is just pointing out that we are strong at certain times. He never said you guys were bad. Storm, Ice, and Fire are just as strong as us. Your just making elemental students look bad because YOUR saying were bad. So stop. You can't last without us because if you notice EVERYONE needs healing so they bring life spells. You need us sometimes and you know it, and sometimes we need you. Now stop arguing.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
145
Okay, after reading through allot of this post, I see many things that say things like, "Fire Wizards Are Haters" or "Ice Wizards Call Other Wizards Noobs." Well, some may do that, but so do other school wizards. And just because some storm wizards be mean to you doesn't mean ALL storm wizards are bad. It just depends on what kind of person is playing. That's no reason to hate on the whole school! That's just as bad! I think we all need to realize that there will be mean players online, and just because they may favor the elemental schools because of their damage or health, doesn't mean that all of those wizards are bad. I know that this post didn't start out like this, but it has grown into people that defend the schools, & people that hate on them. I don't get this

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
171
dormia123 on Aug 4, 2012 wrote:
I am tired of fire and storm and ice wizards(not all of them some are grate ) acting like they are the strongest most best wizards. for your information every time you get in troulbe you call us so next time need some help maby that life wizard wont heal or balance help you shield.WHEN you guys say(with that dance tihing)we are better i am part of the srtongest school storm or i am part of the great ice yadayadayada.

life myth balance death WE SHOULD STAND UP TO THIS
This isn't true. KI made it fair for all of us - the more attack you get, the less health and the more fizzling, so since we fire and storm have 2 cons and one pro, meaing you have two pros and one con, meaning you are stronger. I don't know anybody who does this either. I'm sorry, but you're mad because you're stronger. Fire and Storm have weaknesses, and so does everybody else. Ours is we forget to put pixies in our deck. Yours is you forget to put buffing spells in you deck.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
193
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
This is basically saying that no myth, life, death, or balance wizards brag, but lots of storm, ice, and fire wizards do. Certainly not true. I have seen many people of all schools brag. You can't just blame storm, ice, and fire because you do not have or like those schools. Also, what about people that have many schools on their account? I have all schools but storm, so the elemental/spirit division really does not apply as much to me. There are strengths and weaknesses to every school. No school is better or worse than another.
true i guess, but i have seen more elemental students brag. but we are both doing this

-jack

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
sydneypixie on Aug 6, 2012 wrote:
I find this rude, i am sorry but you can judge everyone from one or two people. storm, (not trying to be rude) has the most power, fire, third most and ice least. storm has least health, fire third least and ice most. its the balance of power. thats why you might see people saying that storm is the most powerful or ice is the strongest. its fact. but it doesnt mean they are saying they are the best school, well they might be, but its their opinion.

plus your saying that the spritual and balance school do nothing. excuse me?
i see death myth life and balance wizards all the time saying that those schools are the best and when you try to stop them from putting others down, they wont.

plus, you cant say this because people have many wizards of many schools.

this post is totally unfair and next time, do something more like:

"please stop saying your the best school cause your not"

rather than:

"storm ice and fire are totally mean and life myth death and balance are innocent"

because the statement above is flase.

~Sydney Pixie

What you said earlier is why I think fire is the best school (although I know all schools have strengths and weaknesses, hear me out). Sure storm has high attack, but they have low health and fizzle rate, so they are a kill or be killed school. Ice has high health and fizzle rate, but low attack, they are a strategic school. Fire however has medium attack, health, and fizzle rate, sure we don't have the BEST in anything, but we don't have the worst either. Also our DOT's are fun because people panic and try to shield and they get slowly killed Muahahaha.

P.S. I have wizards in all schools but myth, needed space for a death (xD) so I don't believe I am biased in any way
-Just my opinion
If you ever feel down, have some peanut butter

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
39
dormia123 on Aug 4, 2012 wrote:
I am tired of fire and storm and ice wizards(not all of them some are grate ) acting like they are the strongest most best wizards. for your information every time you get in troulbe you call us so next time need some help maby that life wizard wont heal or balance help you shield.WHEN you guys say(with that dance tihing)we are better i am part of the srtongest school storm or i am part of the great ice yadayadayada.

life myth balance death WE SHOULD STAND UP TO THIS
Okay as a matter of fact, not all ice wizards do this! i think all the schools could be the best but they are only the best if you have cards that are good and you boost properly. Balance, life, myth, and death wizards are really strong too my friend is a level 28 necromancer and his cards we're good but he wasn't boosting properly and only had the rank 4 spells in. I went on his account (dont worry he trusts me with the password) and fixed up his deck and now he is able to make a skeletal pirate do over 1,200 damage. All schools are strong if they know how to use they cards well.

Cameron Lotusmender Master thaumaturge

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
147
Time Warped on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
That IS true. Life heals not just you but other people.
Balance gives you blades and shields.
Death sacrifices ITSELF to heal you.
Haven't you seen us use unicorn, sprite, balanceblade, and sacrifice?
Just because your Storm, Ice, or Fire doesn't mean you can just push us around.
Everybody thinks this when you say your the best - Yeah Right.
We are strong too. As a matter in fact, without us, your NOTHING! Everybody Would Be Ice, Storm, or Fire. They are all Ddifferents meaning there IS NO BEST!
So stop yapping about how your the best. It makes all of us ANGRY
Someday all of use other schools are going to team up against you Ice, Storm, and Fire Wizards. Not against all ice, storm, and fire. just some of you. Hey Malistaire is the strongest on wiz101, and what school is he? DEATH!
I think i proved my point 8)
Fact: Some of you guys are nice.
mallistare is definitely not the most powerfullest wizard on qizard 101. there is young morganthe, jabberwock, (Morgathe is in death but cast a level 68 ice spell every so often as a cheat. and jaberwock is in fire.
i'm not trying to get off topic but just wait until you start seeing these guys.
Justin firethief level 80

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
no the problem is myth wizards ho try to be like their professor cyrus drake not storm and fire wizards

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
304
Molly DreamCloud on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Your right. Just a week ago a Fire wizard kept calling me weak because I'm Myth. He said- "Fire is the best school Myth is the worst I can beat you anytime read the book in the Fire school in Ravenwood for proof." He had this posy around him going like "Yeah" after he insulted me. (And they doing that dance thing too) But not all wizards are like this, some are nice.
Those guys were terribly mean. And myth is super strong in PvP which means you are better at beating real people not mobs. And if you PvP them just shift back their damage over times. Some advice: Pack minions and PvP him. He was probably a little kid who lied about his age to have text chat which means he doesn't even have the intelligence to be honest.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
46
My two cents, for what their worth.

It seems as though this thread is just becoming a huge snarl of arguments saying "Elemental or Spiritual? which is the meanest?" "No, obviously it's school for such-and-such reason." "Well no, of course not. This school is the strongest because this wizard is in that class."

Sure, I get it. Everybody has a favorite school, but it's some (a minority, really) people are more vocal and waaay more obnoxious about it. The way some of you are acting, one would think it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to like an elemental and a spiritual school. I happen to love the school of life and the school of storm.

I can walk around the commons as my little level 12 life without people holding their noses as I pass. I can walk around as my little level 6 ice without people yelling "Noob!". I don't have to worry when I walk around as my level 36 storm about people whispering "How obnoxious!" as I move on.

I know there are some particularly nasty people out there, and my condolences to you. But there is no reason to group them with the obnoxious people out there! Not all of us are like that!

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
46
Time Warped on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
That IS true. Life heals not just you but other people.
Balance gives you blades and shields.
Death sacrifices ITSELF to heal you.
Haven't you seen us use unicorn, sprite, balanceblade, and sacrifice?
Just because your Storm, Ice, or Fire doesn't mean you can just push us around.
Everybody thinks this when you say your the best - Yeah Right.
We are strong too. As a matter in fact, without us, your NOTHING! Everybody Would Be Ice, Storm, or Fire. They are all Ddifferents meaning there IS NO BEST!
So stop yapping about how your the best. It makes all of us ANGRY
Someday all of use other schools are going to team up against you Ice, Storm, and Fire Wizards. Not against all ice, storm, and fire. just some of you. Hey Malistaire is the strongest on wiz101, and what school is he? DEATH!
I think i proved my point 8)
Fact: Some of you guys are nice.
I actually find this comment rather comical. It would be decidedly hard for my life to fight my storm, wouldn't you say?
And then the whole body of the message is ranting on how mean and obnoxious the elemental schools are and at the bottom "some of you guys are nice" Just some? I'd say it's just some who are mean. And then, as stated earlier, Malistaire is most certainly not the strongest wizard on wizard101.

And then you accuse us of being so awful, but you are the one calling most of us heartless jerks... so wouldn't that make you...?

~

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
40
I, to be quite frank, disagree with the OP. I often find myself, an Ice wizard, in trouble due to weak attacks, and too many shields, and all of the ice bosses with their resist against Ice. If you can name me one world that is not targeted against thaumaturges... Well, you get the idea. Besides, all us thaumaturges do is assist in the battle with shields. My attacks are quite weak.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
its awesome how someone with such lack of intelligence puts a complaint in the game ideas message boards and still gets replies btw myth wizards are the people insulting others

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
Who told you this utter nonsense?! I can tell you for a fact Myth is probably the BEST school out there!! Yes and I have to admit Balance and Myth seem to be opt out of W101 commercials but nonetheless they are still some of the best schools out there! Balance: Without elemental blades, dragonblades, mana burn, and supernova, I know for a fact at leas 2,000 people will be 2x lower of a level then now. Myth: Pierce, Shatter, Earthquake, Minions? Who ever said we do't use these? I know everyone who is good with PvP out there CANNOT win without Myth assistance! Life: Do we have to go over this? We'd all be 5x lower of a level, and fail at pvp without life, also pets would be pretty useless. Death: Sacrifice, Virulent Plague, 50% less healing (forgot its name)? Again, Horrible PvP! And Critical Blizzard, I must say that Myth wizards insulting others: that is a LIE, we only defend ourselves from comments others make about us :P I don't mean to say Ice Fire and Storm are bad, but without the rest of us, a few of them wouldn't become as good without us. And sometimes its the elementals that feel they are not powerful enough. We are all powerful in our own ways, but some of us lack to understand that. I hope this cleared some things up!

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
Also I've seen a few messages here with people saying myth is bad but you probably haven't given it a try or mastered it yet, trust me it gets good in the end

Survivor
May 31, 2009
14
Yea, okay. Sadly, I must agree with this. When ever I run into these Fire, Storm, Ice people in PvE I am demanded blades, shields, and traps, and even heals! I am not a dang Life. Sheesh. When I come across the Spirit Schools its always please and thank you and blah~.

Moving onto PvP. I win against Fire or Storm, I'm a 'NOOB!!!' I don't really ever win against Ice. And when I lose to Fire, Storm, I'm told: Learn how to use Balance right noob. Your play style sucks. How did you even get to Warlord, noob. Why do you even PvP when you are so bad at it.' And i'm like geez. what did I do. I'll get that occasionally from my Spirit School buddies. But it's mainly from the Elementals. And guys, don't get me started on how everybody acts like that. If you can jump back to the beginning of ours journeys as young Novice wizards you will remember we took a personality quiz to decide our school. The Storms are quick to speak and obviously dont think about it to much. The Fires have a hot head and firey temper and quick to anger.
The Ice are shy with their abilities at first but I promise they will get cocky pretty fast. They are the raging, swirling, never stopping Elements. The Life, Death, and Myth on the other hand are the essence of the Spirit of the body. I myself, along with many others are the Equivalent of them all combined in certain aspects. So yes, you can judge someone from their school because it is a reflection of their personality.

The magic of Balance is finding harmony and equality in all things~

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
43
Everyone please just shut your traps and get along. You don't have to go into a long-winded speech on how some schools are better than others or they all have their strengths and weaknesses and are equal. Everyone just keep any rude comments to yourselves, and love your school without annoying others by it. No school could last if one disappeared. They are meant to exist in harmony. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 5 Thank you for your time.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
304
Man those schools are awesome. If you're myth you dominate PvP (Minions are so annoying) just ask majority of warlords. And myth has the largest stun in the game (Medusa). So clearly the statement about myth being UP(Under Powered) is incorrect. Death is always trained by nearly everyone because of feint and doom and gloom. Plus death doesn't need an extra turn to heal, that doesn't sound UP. And life, Gnomes! does a lot more damage because it prevents next two heals. Plus life and death tie for strongest blade. And what would your PvP group or questing group do without a healer? Lose to bosses due to no satyrs and no rebirths. But all schools are equal, ok? There are a lot of threads about school weaknesses and strengths and I want to end the school feud. So please, just think "All schools are equal".
Critical

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
304
The duck of destin... on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
My two cents, for what their worth.

It seems as though this thread is just becoming a huge snarl of arguments saying "Elemental or Spiritual? which is the meanest?" "No, obviously it's school for such-and-such reason." "Well no, of course not. This school is the strongest because this wizard is in that class."

Sure, I get it. Everybody has a favorite school, but it's some (a minority, really) people are more vocal and waaay more obnoxious about it. The way some of you are acting, one would think it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to like an elemental and a spiritual school. I happen to love the school of life and the school of storm.

I can walk around the commons as my little level 12 life without people holding their noses as I pass. I can walk around as my little level 6 ice without people yelling "Noob!". I don't have to worry when I walk around as my level 36 storm about people whispering "How obnoxious!" as I move on.

I know there are some particularly nasty people out there, and my condolences to you. But there is no reason to group them with the obnoxious people out there! Not all of us are like that!
I couldn't agree more

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
304
Dr Von on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard~ in my travels through the Spiral, I've run into a lot of wizards with ginormous egos... mostly Storm and Fire ones, though Life and Death are up there, too. If ever embarking on a dungeon-run with one of these types, I make sure there's a sigil available for that person's overinflated sense of self-worth; that said, it's not the whole school that has a problem... it's those particular players.

I have tons of Fire and Storm friends who aren't mean, and I've played one of each type myself~ Sestiva and Angela are both nice girls, always willing to help teammates and open to making new wizard-buddies. They are prepared to take care of themselves in combat, and neither of them will ever /demand/ blades, shields, or healing~ my sorceress has been harassed enough times that I know such requests are rude.

All schools are subject to harassment~ here are the ones I've gotten, personally:

Balance (80): "Blade/shield/heal me", or "keep passing and let me kill".
Death (65): "Shut up and heal me." (some guy actually went there!)
Storm (49): "Just kill" (whether she has pips or not).

Fortunately, my other wizards~ Life (33), Myth (21), and Fire (15)~ haven't been victims of such harassment yet. Hopefully, it'll stay that way.

PS: Those people who think Balance is "weak" have obviously never seen a Power Nova do a one-hit kill. :)

-El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

& the rest of the El Veeb army.
If anything I'm scared of balance because judges are scary and a chimera does a chunk of damage. And they are so useful in teams and solo it's like wow.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
60
Not all elemental wizards are like that.

I hate when people judge others by 1/3 of the population.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
62
All schools have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. For example, Balance is less powerful but we can cast spells from different schools + we can blade/shield for those spells.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
353
OK, I have all the spirtal schools, but my main is a Promethean Fire. You're saying that we elemental people INSULT you?!?! Well, now your pretty much insulting the elemental schools. Just because like, 4 elemental people are mean doesn't mean we ALL are mean. My friends always tell me how nice I am. YOU are insulting us now. All of my elemental friends are nice, and half of my friends are elemental.

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , Brecken Storytalon, lvl 30 , Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 19 , Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , Kestrel Wintergrove, lvl 11 , and Fallon Frogsword, lvl 10

See? I have sprital. I take this as an insult to nice elementals everywhere.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
48
ok here are some reason to stop bragging for some of you elemental

death will sacrifrice
life will heal
balance will balance and shield you
myth will take shields

so these are some reason why some fire ice and storm plz stop bragging some of you i mean

adrian ghostmask 72