Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

And..... Their Off! In the Wizard City Mount Derby

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
37
Yellow everyone! I had a brilliant idea. What if we had a mount derby thing in the pet area. It would be like the regular pet derby we do except you have better control and it would feel like an actual derby. The cheering of the crowds, the adrenaline of the challenge, etc. Also it would be cool if we could hatch mounts like we do pets, we could get a hybrid from the hydra mount and the wyvern mount, where the mount would look like the wyvern but has all three schools (fire, ice, storm) into the look of the wyvern. Plus instead of being a one person mount like the wyvern is you could have three people on the hybrids back. So post what would you like for a mount hatching idea, put your name ,school ,mounts hatched together ,name of new type of hybrid, and its perks. See you! Sophia Goldenleaf

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
That would be awesome! Even better, in the Mount Derby you are riding on your mount against up to 8 other wizards on their mounts! And the mount hatching would also be cool. Maybe there could be a side tunnel (or whatever you call the new area paths in wizard city) that leads to a Rodeo arena with the live races going on and visible to any wizard who walks in, they click on the one they want to view (so you can see the arena as if you are 100 floors above it and all races can be seen in tiny boxes, but they are only the races for 2 realms and 5 areas at a time) to zoom in on it and watch. Once you enter the area you can either watch a race, train your mount with practice races, practice hurdling on your mount, hatch for new mounts, and shop for new saddles and other accessories for your mount plus riding gear for your wizard. This riding gear looks cool and you can stitch it with other gear, but the cheap ones (under 500 gold) do not give you anything. The more expensive gear however, gives you stats that can help you in the races. You can also win prizes such as, trophies for your house, arena tickets, and rental mounts. These prizes cannot be obtained through practice races and trophies are only obtained through tournaments and there is no members only things here.

Grace DreamRider
Pet Warlord and hopeful Mount Derby Warlord.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114
I like the idea of mount derby. Plus the hatching would we awesome! No longer available mount? No problem! Go hatch mounts! :D

Mount Hybrid:

Parent 1: Arcus Cloud
Parent 2: Grey Warg
=
Storm Wolf
It's pretty much a large dark purple wolf with little lightning marks all over it.
2 Person
40% Speed Bonus

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
37
Thanks for the replies guys and the riding gear and mount accessories idea is really cool grace. I'll be posting some more ideas Thanks & Cya! Sophia Goldenleaf

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
Hello everyone, before I get started, I'd just like to say I got some of my ideas from a post about Mount Racing: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/and-their-off-in-the-wizard-city-mount-derby-8ad6a41945d5bff9014607a8a4ae3198 But I've had the idea of Advanced Mounts a while before that thread was made. Alright, onward!

The next level of riding around the Spiral in style is here with Advanced Mounts! Advanced Mounts are a new way to make your mount unique from the hundreds of copies of it around in the Spiral. There are many ways to do this by using these new mount features: Mount Hatching, Mount Racing, Mount Training, and Mount Naming! Read on for rough ideas about these mount activities.

Mount Hatching allows you to create new and unique mounts that can't be bought anywhere in the Spiral. For 1,000 Crowns, you can hatch your Mount with all other sorts of other Mounts. You could hatch a Hydra Mount with a Bat Wings Mount and get a Soaring Hydra Mount! (Other combinations of mounts will be included in later post)

Mount Racing is just like the Pet Derby, but you ride your mount while you are racing it. You can get power ups to help you go faster, or even freeze your opponents! Mount Racing helps your mount level up if you get 1st place, it gives you 500 gold if you get 2nd place, and it gives you a random rank 3+ TC if you get 3rd place.

Mount Training is a great way to get to know your Mount! Unlike Pet Mini Games, some Mount Mini Games are not right for everyone. You should try ALL Mount Mini Games before you start using a single one to train your mount. If your mount Likes a game, it will give +4 Mount Experience. If your mount Loves a game, it will give +10 Mount Experience. If your mount does Not Like a game, it will give +1 Mount Experience. If your mount Hates a game, it will take away 3 Mount Experience. (Mount Mini Game ideas will be included in a later post) You can also feed your mount Mount Snacks. You can feed your mount as many Mount Snacks as you want at a time, but be careful! If you feed your Mount too many Snacks at once, it will get sick and loose all Mount Experience it earned within the past 1 Hour. You should experiment with how much your Mount can eat at a time. As your mount levels up, it will gain talents just like your pet. (Mount Talents will be included in a later post)

Mount Naming is just like pet naming, but there is only a place for one name. There are many pet names included in the list to choose from, as well as names of famous horses, and other names as well.

(Location of the Mount Pavilion will be included in a later post)
-Nick level 95
"Child of Light and Shadow"

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1658
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone, before I get started, I'd just like to say I got some of my ideas from a post about Mount Racing: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/and-their-off-in-the-wizard-city-mount-derby-8ad6a41945d5bff9014607a8a4ae3198 But I've had the idea of Advanced Mounts a while before that thread was made. Alright, onward!

The next level of riding around the Spiral in style is here with Advanced Mounts! Advanced Mounts are a new way to make your mount unique from the hundreds of copies of it around in the Spiral. There are many ways to do this by using these new mount features: Mount Hatching, Mount Racing, Mount Training, and Mount Naming! Read on for rough ideas about these mount activities.

Mount Hatching allows you to create new and unique mounts that can't be bought anywhere in the Spiral. For 1,000 Crowns, you can hatch your Mount with all other sorts of other Mounts. You could hatch a Hydra Mount with a Bat Wings Mount and get a Soaring Hydra Mount! (Other combinations of mounts will be included in later post)

Mount Racing is just like the Pet Derby, but you ride your mount while you are racing it. You can get power ups to help you go faster, or even freeze your opponents! Mount Racing helps your mount level up if you get 1st place, it gives you 500 gold if you get 2nd place, and it gives you a random rank 3+ TC if you get 3rd place.

Mount Training is a great way to get to know your Mount! Unlike Pet Mini Games, some Mount Mini Games are not right for everyone. You should try ALL Mount Mini Games before you start using a single one to train your mount. If your mount Likes a game, it will give +4 Mount Experience. If your mount Loves a game, it will give +10 Mount Experience. If your mount does Not Like a game, it will give +1 Mount Experience. If your mount Hates a game, it will take away 3 Mount Experience. (Mount Mini Game ideas will be included in a later post) You can also feed your mount Mount Snacks. You can feed your mount as many Mount Snacks as you want at a time, but be careful! If you feed your Mount too many Snacks at once, it will get sick and loose all Mount Experience it earned within the past 1 Hour. You should experiment with how much your Mount can eat at a time. As your mount levels up, it will gain talents just like your pet. (Mount Talents will be included in a later post)

Mount Naming is just like pet naming, but there is only a place for one name. There are many pet names included in the list to choose from, as well as names of famous horses, and other names as well.

(Location of the Mount Pavilion will be included in a later post)
-Nick level 95
"Child of Light and Shadow"
I don't like the idea of training mounts. This has actually been discussed before (though I cant give you a topic name or anything). I just don't see the point of mounts having abilities. That being said, I like the part about "mount hatching". Would be a neat option to have, though I would never do it, even if it was doable with gold instead of crowns. It's just not my thing. If others like it, great!

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone, before I get started, I'd just like to say I got some of my ideas from a post about Mount Racing: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/and-their-off-in-the-wizard-city-mount-derby-8ad6a41945d5bff9014607a8a4ae3198 But I've had the idea of Advanced Mounts a while before that thread was made. Alright, onward!

The next level of riding around the Spiral in style is here with Advanced Mounts! Advanced Mounts are a new way to make your mount unique from the hundreds of copies of it around in the Spiral. There are many ways to do this by using these new mount features: Mount Hatching, Mount Racing, Mount Training, and Mount Naming! Read on for rough ideas about these mount activities.

Mount Hatching allows you to create new and unique mounts that can't be bought anywhere in the Spiral. For 1,000 Crowns, you can hatch your Mount with all other sorts of other Mounts. You could hatch a Hydra Mount with a Bat Wings Mount and get a Soaring Hydra Mount! (Other combinations of mounts will be included in later post)

Mount Racing is just like the Pet Derby, but you ride your mount while you are racing it. You can get power ups to help you go faster, or even freeze your opponents! Mount Racing helps your mount level up if you get 1st place, it gives you 500 gold if you get 2nd place, and it gives you a random rank 3+ TC if you get 3rd place.

Mount Training is a great way to get to know your Mount! Unlike Pet Mini Games, some Mount Mini Games are not right for everyone. You should try ALL Mount Mini Games before you start using a single one to train your mount. If your mount Likes a game, it will give +4 Mount Experience. If your mount Loves a game, it will give +10 Mount Experience. If your mount does Not Like a game, it will give +1 Mount Experience. If your mount Hates a game, it will take away 3 Mount Experience. (Mount Mini Game ideas will be included in a later post) You can also feed your mount Mount Snacks. You can feed your mount as many Mount Snacks as you want at a time, but be careful! If you feed your Mount too many Snacks at once, it will get sick and loose all Mount Experience it earned within the past 1 Hour. You should experiment with how much your Mount can eat at a time. As your mount levels up, it will gain talents just like your pet. (Mount Talents will be included in a later post)

Mount Naming is just like pet naming, but there is only a place for one name. There are many pet names included in the list to choose from, as well as names of famous horses, and other names as well.

(Location of the Mount Pavilion will be included in a later post)
-Nick level 95
"Child of Light and Shadow"
Mount Hatching Expanded Post:

Mount Hatching is a great way to make unique, awesome looking mounts. As I stated in the post above, it costs 1,000 crowns to do Mount Hatching. So, here are some things you should know about Mount Hatching:
There are certain Mount Talents you can only get through Mount Hatching
You have a 10% chance in getting a new mount that gives 50% increased speed instead of 40%
There are not a specific Hybrid Mount for a pair of Mounts you hatch. There are only 10 Total Hybrids you can get from Hatching ANY two mounts.
You can pay 500 Crowns for a 7 day Hybrid Mount.
Here are the Hybrids you can get with Hatching Mounts:
  • Winged Hydra
  • Lightning Wolf
  • Frozen Basilisk
  • Tree Owl
  • Long Neck Eagle
  • Bug-eyed Stag
  • Two Seat Broom
  • Sting Ray in a Shell
  • Floating Giant Leaf
  • Uni-Hippo
-Nick level 95

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone, before I get started, I'd just like to say I got some of my ideas from a post about Mount Racing: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/and-their-off-in-the-wizard-city-mount-derby-8ad6a41945d5bff9014607a8a4ae3198 But I've had the idea of Advanced Mounts a while before that thread was made. Alright, onward!

The next level of riding around the Spiral in style is here with Advanced Mounts! Advanced Mounts are a new way to make your mount unique from the hundreds of copies of it around in the Spiral. There are many ways to do this by using these new mount features: Mount Hatching, Mount Racing, Mount Training, and Mount Naming! Read on for rough ideas about these mount activities.

Mount Hatching allows you to create new and unique mounts that can't be bought anywhere in the Spiral. For 1,000 Crowns, you can hatch your Mount with all other sorts of other Mounts. You could hatch a Hydra Mount with a Bat Wings Mount and get a Soaring Hydra Mount! (Other combinations of mounts will be included in later post)

Mount Racing is just like the Pet Derby, but you ride your mount while you are racing it. You can get power ups to help you go faster, or even freeze your opponents! Mount Racing helps your mount level up if you get 1st place, it gives you 500 gold if you get 2nd place, and it gives you a random rank 3+ TC if you get 3rd place.

Mount Training is a great way to get to know your Mount! Unlike Pet Mini Games, some Mount Mini Games are not right for everyone. You should try ALL Mount Mini Games before you start using a single one to train your mount. If your mount Likes a game, it will give +4 Mount Experience. If your mount Loves a game, it will give +10 Mount Experience. If your mount does Not Like a game, it will give +1 Mount Experience. If your mount Hates a game, it will take away 3 Mount Experience. (Mount Mini Game ideas will be included in a later post) You can also feed your mount Mount Snacks. You can feed your mount as many Mount Snacks as you want at a time, but be careful! If you feed your Mount too many Snacks at once, it will get sick and loose all Mount Experience it earned within the past 1 Hour. You should experiment with how much your Mount can eat at a time. As your mount levels up, it will gain talents just like your pet. (Mount Talents will be included in a later post)

Mount Naming is just like pet naming, but there is only a place for one name. There are many pet names included in the list to choose from, as well as names of famous horses, and other names as well.

(Location of the Mount Pavilion will be included in a later post)
-Nick level 95
"Child of Light and Shadow"
Mount Training Expanded Post

Mount Training is a way level up your mount. Not only does this allow you to hatch your mount, but it gives your mount Mount Talents, which can help you in Combat. There are special Mount Talents which you can only get through Hatching Mounts. Unlike pets, you can only level up your mount TWICE. Mount ages are: Baby (When you first buy your mount), Teen (You gain one Talent when Teen), and Adult (When you can hatch your mount with other mounts, you gain TWO Talents when Adult, so a total of Three Talents)

Here are Mount Talents that ANY mount can get:
"Helpful One" +15 Damage
"Guided One" +10 Resistance
"Smart One" +15 Stun Resist
"Lucky One" +5 Accuracy
"Powerful One" +10% Power Pip Chance
Here are some Mount Talents ONLY Hybrid Mounts can get:
"Critical Thinker" +20 Critical Rating
"Solution Thinker" +25 Critical Block
"Sneaky Thinker" +10 Pierce
"Healthy Thinker" +50 Health
Hybrid Mounts get two Hybrid Only Talents and one regular Mount Talent.
Here are the Mount Mini Games:
"Jump The Hoop" You are riding your mount along a road. Every 5 seconds a hoop appears and you have to press the Space Bar X times to jump through it.
"Catch The Carrot" Your mount is on a farm and they need to catch carrots that will randomly pop up.
"Mount Maze" This is basically the Pet Maze Game, but with your mount instead.
"Get Me Out" Your mount is under water and you have to swim to the top. But, there are obstacles in the way. You only have 30 seconds to get to the top.
Any game suggestions? Leave them in the comments!

-Nick level 95


Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114
I'd like this to happen. ^_^

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
No no no no no. We already have pets to train, we don't need mounts. Mounts can just be a 40% speed booster.
P.S. Seriously? Losing mount XP? We don't do that in the Spiral.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
pretty much you dont know your mounts or pets

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
37
neonxgaming on May 20, 2014 wrote:
pretty much you dont know your mounts or pets
Sorry that you don't like my idea you 2 but I might have a few more ideas you might like, so keep watching my messages. Sophia Goldenleaf :)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
37
Nicholas a good mount game would be a game called Wizard City Dressage. Where you have to press the correct letters (A,S,D,W) ,like in the Dueling Diego Game, to perform the way the judges want you to. Thanks for the comments Sophia Goldenleaf

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
37
Grace Dreamrider on May 17, 2014 wrote:
That would be awesome! Even better, in the Mount Derby you are riding on your mount against up to 8 other wizards on their mounts! And the mount hatching would also be cool. Maybe there could be a side tunnel (or whatever you call the new area paths in wizard city) that leads to a Rodeo arena with the live races going on and visible to any wizard who walks in, they click on the one they want to view (so you can see the arena as if you are 100 floors above it and all races can be seen in tiny boxes, but they are only the races for 2 realms and 5 areas at a time) to zoom in on it and watch. Once you enter the area you can either watch a race, train your mount with practice races, practice hurdling on your mount, hatch for new mounts, and shop for new saddles and other accessories for your mount plus riding gear for your wizard. This riding gear looks cool and you can stitch it with other gear, but the cheap ones (under 500 gold) do not give you anything. The more expensive gear however, gives you stats that can help you in the races. You can also win prizes such as, trophies for your house, arena tickets, and rental mounts. These prizes cannot be obtained through practice races and trophies are only obtained through tournaments and there is no members only things here.

Grace DreamRider
Pet Warlord and hopeful Mount Derby Warlord.
Grace I also have another post here I shared the idea of mount accessories but I didn't go into as much detail as you did. Sophia Goldenleaf Thanks

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
SophiaGoldenleaf on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Sorry that you don't like my idea you 2 but I might have a few more ideas you might like, so keep watching my messages. Sophia Goldenleaf :)
i meant to reply to robobot your ideas are great

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
11
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Mount Hatching Expanded Post:

Mount Hatching is a great way to make unique, awesome looking mounts. As I stated in the post above, it costs 1,000 crowns to do Mount Hatching. So, here are some things you should know about Mount Hatching:
There are certain Mount Talents you can only get through Mount Hatching
You have a 10% chance in getting a new mount that gives 50% increased speed instead of 40%
There are not a specific Hybrid Mount for a pair of Mounts you hatch. There are only 10 Total Hybrids you can get from Hatching ANY two mounts.
You can pay 500 Crowns for a 7 day Hybrid Mount.
Here are the Hybrids you can get with Hatching Mounts:
  • Winged Hydra
  • Lightning Wolf
  • Frozen Basilisk
  • Tree Owl
  • Long Neck Eagle
  • Bug-eyed Stag
  • Two Seat Broom
  • Sting Ray in a Shell
  • Floating Giant Leaf
  • Uni-Hippo
-Nick level 95
No, just no. The only complaint I have about this is 500 crowns for a 7 day hybrid. Reason is, the lowest i've ever seen a normal 7 day rental is 1000 crowns. But you're saying 500 for a HYBRID mount, where a NORMAL is 1000-3000. SpiritShade

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Mount Hatching Expanded Post:

Mount Hatching is a great way to make unique, awesome looking mounts. As I stated in the post above, it costs 1,000 crowns to do Mount Hatching. So, here are some things you should know about Mount Hatching:
There are certain Mount Talents you can only get through Mount Hatching
You have a 10% chance in getting a new mount that gives 50% increased speed instead of 40%
There are not a specific Hybrid Mount for a pair of Mounts you hatch. There are only 10 Total Hybrids you can get from Hatching ANY two mounts.
You can pay 500 Crowns for a 7 day Hybrid Mount.
Here are the Hybrids you can get with Hatching Mounts:
  • Winged Hydra
  • Lightning Wolf
  • Frozen Basilisk
  • Tree Owl
  • Long Neck Eagle
  • Bug-eyed Stag
  • Two Seat Broom
  • Sting Ray in a Shell
  • Floating Giant Leaf
  • Uni-Hippo
-Nick level 95
This is cool, but it should be paid with gold not crowns. The thing that drives me insane and caused many of my friends to quit this game is "crowns only" items/places/things. If mount hatching is crowns only many of us will be very upset and 1000 crowns is WAY too much. A lot of us do not have a lot of money or our parents will not pay for any of it so it is very difficult for us kids to get money to do this. Crowns only is extremely annoying, so mount hatching should be payable with crowns and gold. Maybe the rarer the two mounts hatching are, the more expensive like pet hatching. For example 1000 crowns = 75000 gold.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
For those of you who disagree about mount training (why?), the mount hatching idea is still pretty cool. So perhaps just hatching?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
33
I love this idea! I have a few requirements.

Only perms ant mounts can be hatched and it only costs gold to hatch mounts

Same pet experience same pet treats

No pet accessories

Other than that it would be cool!

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer