Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow unlinking of accounts please

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
I have a few accounts linked to my account, with a couple of them being those who used to be kids but are now adults and should have full control over their own accounts. Therefore, would love to be able to unlink the accounts so that they can make their own decisions.

I'm not exactly sure why the unlinking of accounts is prohibited, but if there are concerns of abuse, there are ways to counter that within prohibiting it. One way is to set time restrictions on linking and unlinking of accounts. For example, once an account is linked, it cannot be unlinked for XX months (like 6 or 12). Also, when an account is unlinked, it cannot be re-linked to the same account for that same period of time (though it could be linked to a different one). That would prevent someone from trying to juggle accounts around for some reason.

Also, when wanting to unlink an account, could require not only the master password to choose the option, but require confirmation via email (much like account verification), and once that's done, require customer support to approve it. There could also be restrictions in regards to the age associated with the account (if the account holder was 14 when it was created and is still under 18 based on how old the account is, then automatically deny it). If an account holder was under 13 (ie, permanently locked), then maybe require proof that the account holder is of age before it can even be considered, such as credit card verification or something.

For other special circumstances, where maybe the family dynamics are changing, allow linked accounts to be transferred to another parent account, where there are multiple confirmations (original parent account, new parent account, child account) before it would be done.

Another request is to expand the number of linked accounts to allow a total of seven accounts instead of five.

Please, K.I., consider this request to reconsider the restriction. I'm sure there are safeguards that can be implemented to not only prevent abuse, but to ensure safety as well, while allowing better control over accounts that can better fit the needs of your members.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
Fangs McWolf on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
I have a few accounts linked to my account, with a couple of them being those who used to be kids but are now adults and should have full control over their own accounts. Therefore, would love to be able to unlink the accounts so that they can make their own decisions.

I'm not exactly sure why the unlinking of accounts is prohibited, but if there are concerns of abuse, there are ways to counter that within prohibiting it. One way is to set time restrictions on linking and unlinking of accounts. For example, once an account is linked, it cannot be unlinked for XX months (like 6 or 12). Also, when an account is unlinked, it cannot be re-linked to the same account for that same period of time (though it could be linked to a different one). That would prevent someone from trying to juggle accounts around for some reason.

Also, when wanting to unlink an account, could require not only the master password to choose the option, but require confirmation via email (much like account verification), and once that's done, require customer support to approve it. There could also be restrictions in regards to the age associated with the account (if the account holder was 14 when it was created and is still under 18 based on how old the account is, then automatically deny it). If an account holder was under 13 (ie, permanently locked), then maybe require proof that the account holder is of age before it can even be considered, such as credit card verification or something.

For other special circumstances, where maybe the family dynamics are changing, allow linked accounts to be transferred to another parent account, where there are multiple confirmations (original parent account, new parent account, child account) before it would be done.

Another request is to expand the number of linked accounts to allow a total of seven accounts instead of five.

Please, K.I., consider this request to reconsider the restriction. I'm sure there are safeguards that can be implemented to not only prevent abuse, but to ensure safety as well, while allowing better control over accounts that can better fit the needs of your members.
I fully support this idea. As I have accounts linked to an old account I no longer want the accounts linked to because no one uses them anymore ever. Wish there was a account delete control.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I honestly think that they should have the linking limit to 20 because I have 20 siblings and we all can't be in the same family on the family sharing, so when one of us gets 60,000 crowns we can't split it evenly in to 3,000 per kid.