Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add the ability to change your Wizard's name.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
I'd love to change the name of my main wiz. I made the character back when I was little and still used my birth name, but by now I don't like said name very much, nor identify with it anymore, and would rather have a gender neutral name on my wizard.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2017
Mnh. I feel like if they were to do a name change elixir they should make it where you can only do it twice per year. The name change elixir can cost 4000 crowns, per character.
There are also ton of other benefits. Like.

You created a character a few years back and you hate the name.
You want a new name to go with that new look! without needing to restart over.
This avoids people being bullies then changing their names to progress on bullying.
This will most likely help those who get bullied by certain people with a name change!

I know you can always press that sweet ignore button!
or change realms.
But there is only so much a person can do to avoid/prevent this.

I know tons of people who really wish there was this feature but sadly isn't! They were beyond happy with the Mirror place to change your appearance. I do know doing these little things will improve the game a lot. Especially considering they're listening to the community. Happy Community = More People.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
I agree with these wizards. I think it would be nice to be able to change our wizard names from time to time when we see fit. Maybe like a potion in crown shop or something. I play another game called Toontown ReWritten, and they give the toons the option to swap names in the toon catalog in game, coarse, it cost a few thousand jellybeans ( TTR in game currency ). Point is, we need a way to swap names xD

Survivor
Mar 27, 2017
hydra4444 on Jan 23, 2021 wrote:
I'd love to change the name of my main wiz. I made the character back when I was little and still used my birth name, but by now I don't like said name very much, nor identify with it anymore, and would rather have a gender neutral name on my wizard.
I have the exact same problem as you do. Wish I had picked a neutral name...

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I think it should be a ONE time name change for a good bit of crowns; something that will make a player think twice about the name change. Doing it that way will stop players from changing their names every day.
There could also be a friend alert that notifies your friends that you changed your name.
Custom names would have to wait for approval, especially as there are some jokers out there who will try to get an inappropriate name.
I would change my name if KI added to the names list.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2015
Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
The Magic Mirror feature was much needed, but I'd argue that this is even more in demand.
I made my wizard in 2010. His name is genuinely cringe, and I'm just really hoping KI implements this very soon. I'll pay 30k crowns, I don't care.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I agree. I've had my account since I was 8. My fire wizards name is awful but at the time I thought it sounded cool. I would be thrilled to see something like this added to the game.

Explorer
May 13, 2018
Yes, so many games I knew had these options and we loved it!

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Adding an alias to our original name, seems the easiest approach.
The new alias shows as our new wizards name, while the old name still exists(for KI internal use).

Keeps all KI existing code, (just the name header on top of our wizards shows the new alias).
Our old friends can still find us under our old name, and new friends under our new name..