Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

9/11 Ceremony 2017.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
787
:angel: 9/11 Ceremony 2017 :angel:

If you remember for the past 6 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2017 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.

This year the path is shorter and only includes the free-to-play areas of Wizard City. Based on the feedback from last years event I've decided to shorten it down to just the free-to-play areas so that more people can attend and participate in every major aspect of the event for longer than they could in the previous years.

More info in the later posts.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
111
flash33 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
:angel: 9/11 Ceremony 2017 :angel:

If you remember for the past 6 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2017 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.

This year the path is shorter and only includes the free-to-play areas of Wizard City. Based on the feedback from last years event I've decided to shorten it down to just the free-to-play areas so that more people can attend and participate in every major aspect of the event for longer than they could in the previous years.

More info in the later posts.
I really really like this idea!!!!!! I'm doing this!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
13
Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Date And Times

Monday, September 11, 2017.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

Why Am I Hosting This?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Rules in the next post.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know and follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a Seraph, Pixie Queen or Myth Sprite for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges like the Cursed Staff, Terminus or Undead Hunter for example).
4. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
5. All Wizard101 Central & Wizard101 rules apply (you may say your forum name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
6. Stay with the group as much as you can.
7. Listen to me and my Helpers.
8. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
9. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
10. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
11. You must have access to these areas of WC.
12. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
13. If you would like to speak then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list, and be sure to include your wizards name as well. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
14. Have fun.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.

I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a VM or a PM.

For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Send me a VM, PM or post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

The reason as to why I am having the end of the event be hosted at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my very own house, I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth Shadowcloud)
Helpers:
Guest Speakers:

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
111
I have a question. If I'm a little late to the ceremony, am I still able to join?
-Alia SparkleGrove

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
JelliBeans603 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
I have a question. If I'm a little late to the ceremony, am I still able to join?
-Alia SparkleGrove
If you're running a little late then you can still join. Just use "the path" section as a tool-tip of sorts to figure out where we might be at that time and you should be good to go.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Apologies for the poor formatting for the headers in the opening post. When I copy-pasted it from the thread on Wizard101 Central everything looked fine in the preview, but even when I went back to edit it after it was posted I couldn't get it perfectly fixed. Don't know if this is an issue on KI's end or my end but just note that I did try to fix it.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Just a reminder that the Wizard101 march will be held next Monday, while the Pirate101 march will be held next Saturday.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
120
flash33 on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know and follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a Seraph, Pixie Queen or Myth Sprite for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges like the Cursed Staff, Terminus or Undead Hunter for example).
4. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
5. All Wizard101 Central & Wizard101 rules apply (you may say your forum name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
6. Stay with the group as much as you can.
7. Listen to me and my Helpers.
8. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
9. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
10. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
11. You must have access to these areas of WC.
12. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
13. If you would like to speak then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list, and be sure to include your wizards name as well. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
14. Have fun.
A New Rule Idea: Do not get caught on purpose to just Halt the Event For as long as until Time Ends.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
120
flash33 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
:angel: 9/11 Ceremony 2017 :angel:

If you remember for the past 6 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2017 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.

This year the path is shorter and only includes the free-to-play areas of Wizard City. Based on the feedback from last years event I've decided to shorten it down to just the free-to-play areas so that more people can attend and participate in every major aspect of the event for longer than they could in the previous years.

More info in the later posts.
My parents only let me on Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays if there is an Event where theres no School on Monday So I wont be able to participate. I'm very sorry :(

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Just a reminder that Monday is the start of the 9/11 Ceremony. See you there.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
For those wondering what each of the positions (helper and guest speaker) entail, here's a brief description of what each of them are about:

Helpers are people who help me keep the event running smoothly by making sure everyone knows where to go, when to stop (if someone gets caught) and making sure that everyone behaves themselves both during the march and at the closing ceremony as well.

Guest speakers are people who give a short speech at the closing ceremony. After I finish with my initial thoughts about the march and experience with the event it's based on I will call on the guest speakers to come up one at a time to speak.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Thank you to all who came out and marched with me today. Not as big a turnout as last year but regardless this was still a success. Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this years event and I will address them as best I can. Thanks again.