Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

7th character slot

2
AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1445
They don't just have to draw a new character but an entire storyline to go with it.
I was offering potential reasons.

Adding a new character isn't as simple as just drawing one and sticking it into the entry screen.

But "raumlord" if you don't have any inside info either then why would you just entirely shoot down everything I said?

We are all just offering suppositions.

You also didn't understand everything I was saying because I was talking about adding more than one new slot, so that wouldn't mean just allowing us to pick the existing seventh school.

"Now i'm not a KI employee, but I can guarantee"

Then no, you can't really guarantee anything any more than any of the rest of us could.


"They wouldn't have to redesign anything, there is already an empty chair."

*sigh* Seems like that ground has been covered!


All of us arguing about this stuff isn't what is going to change anything, it's just simply allowing each other to say we'd like this to happen (more than six wizards per account.) Arguing just discourages people from saying that. So since you and I would both like to see more than six wizards, why the nitpicks?

Patrick: Thank you

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
I would think it would be pretty simple just to add the option of creating a new character without adding anything else to the game. It's really just giving people the option to play through the story line again but in a nother school.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
SparkleTude on Feb 24, 2018 wrote:
They don't just have to draw a new character but an entire storyline to go with it.
I was offering potential reasons.

Adding a new character isn't as simple as just drawing one and sticking it into the entry screen.

But "raumlord" if you don't have any inside info either then why would you just entirely shoot down everything I said?

We are all just offering suppositions.

You also didn't understand everything I was saying because I was talking about adding more than one new slot, so that wouldn't mean just allowing us to pick the existing seventh school.

"Now i'm not a KI employee, but I can guarantee"

Then no, you can't really guarantee anything any more than any of the rest of us could.


"They wouldn't have to redesign anything, there is already an empty chair."

*sigh* Seems like that ground has been covered!


All of us arguing about this stuff isn't what is going to change anything, it's just simply allowing each other to say we'd like this to happen (more than six wizards per account.) Arguing just discourages people from saying that. So since you and I would both like to see more than six wizards, why the nitpicks?

Patrick: Thank you
Look man i'm not trying to argue with you for the sake of arguing. I would like 7 characters just as much as you, I just wanted to explain that it is not some man power barrier that is in the way.

You have an account, this account has a limit of 6 characters. If it has less than 6 characters, you can press the new character button and create a new character. This character is started in the tutorial area and given the first storyline quest. If you have 6 characters, you can't create a new character. I'm was saying that I am not a KI employee and don't know EXACTLY how they program everything, but it's extremely likely that changing the max characters would be a matter of changing a few numbers, and maybe changing the start screen UI code a bit. The process from the point of pressing new character is already completely done. The only change would be changing the account character limit which is likely just a constant field. If they made a limit of more than 7 characters, there would need to be some sort of redesign on the start screen because currently there isn't room for that many.

I'm not nitpicking because I have something against you, I'm just trying to clear up the situation.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1445
raumlord on Feb 24, 2018 wrote:
Look man i'm not trying to argue with you for the sake of arguing. I would like 7 characters just as much as you, I just wanted to explain that it is not some man power barrier that is in the way.

You have an account, this account has a limit of 6 characters. If it has less than 6 characters, you can press the new character button and create a new character. This character is started in the tutorial area and given the first storyline quest. If you have 6 characters, you can't create a new character. I'm was saying that I am not a KI employee and don't know EXACTLY how they program everything, but it's extremely likely that changing the max characters would be a matter of changing a few numbers, and maybe changing the start screen UI code a bit. The process from the point of pressing new character is already completely done. The only change would be changing the account character limit which is likely just a constant field. If they made a limit of more than 7 characters, there would need to be some sort of redesign on the start screen because currently there isn't room for that many.

I'm not nitpicking because I have something against you, I'm just trying to clear up the situation.
I never thought or said you have something "against" me, but raumlord I think you are missing a huge point: We agree! I have consistently said (for the past year or so? whenever this topic comes up again?) that I wish KI would add a 7th character slot.
What you're missing is that's not all I am talking about. I'm also talking about adding new characters, not just the ability to add another slot, and have 7 total wizards.

Can't clarify if you didn't really understand what I was saying, I don't think.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
SparkleTude on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
I never thought or said you have something "against" me, but raumlord I think you are missing a huge point: We agree! I have consistently said (for the past year or so? whenever this topic comes up again?) that I wish KI would add a 7th character slot.
What you're missing is that's not all I am talking about. I'm also talking about adding new characters, not just the ability to add another slot, and have 7 total wizards.

Can't clarify if you didn't really understand what I was saying, I don't think.
Okay I guess there was just some miscommunication, I wasn't talking about adding any new schools or art.
When I said "There is no other reason for there not to be 7 characters" I was referring to the limit of characters to account. When you say "new" characters I assume you mean new character models?

Survivor
May 21, 2014
3
Can you please just increase the maximum wizard slots to 7? It's hard enough debating wether or not to delete a wizard and make a new one of a different school.

I have a Storm, Death, Balance, Fire, Life and Ice, but want to make a myth.

I spend a long time thinking of the work i put into those wizards, but also about what I COULD do with the one wizard I don't have. I honestly think the max cap should just be 7. Anyone else agree?

Survivor
May 29, 2014
18
jgdryjd2 on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
hey wizard team why don't you guys add more slots to the main screen because i mean its nice to have six but having to decide what ya want is some times a pain and its been forever since you guys actually had a new class or something.
I agree, Its about time they do it, it's their 10th birthday now and it been long enough for the winds to change.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1445
raumlord on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Okay I guess there was just some miscommunication, I wasn't talking about adding any new schools or art.
When I said "There is no other reason for there not to be 7 characters" I was referring to the limit of characters to account. When you say "new" characters I assume you mean new character models?
Yes. Adding an existing school wouldn't be new it would just be a 7th wizard to play. :)

People could also use a 7th slot to play two of the same wizard school if they wanted to, but, most people want the 7th school, currently only being able to play 6 wizards per account.

I mentioned new schools here: "I feel they could add a seventh school then maybe sun or moon or shadow school. I dunno..." And I mentioned eight or more wizards somewhere.

I could've been clearer too I guess!! Maybe I was remembering some other topic and thinking I had expounded more.

Thanks for the conversation.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
15
Plz make a 7rh character slot! I really want a balance wiz

Survivor
Aug 20, 2016
9
jgdryjd2 on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
hey wizard team why don't you guys add more slots to the main screen because i mean its nice to have six but having to decide what ya want is some times a pain and its been forever since you guys actually had a new class or something.
This would be such a great edition to the game! Wizard101 has been going for quite a while and there is still 6 slots, I imagine wiz players levelling up all of there current wizards to high levels and wanting to add maybe a death wiz or so, It must've been hard for them to choose which one to delete. KI needs to think about adding a 7th slot, Just imagine somebody wanting to delete a low level wizard to replace it and accidentally deleting their high level main, all childhood lives ruined, I so agree.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
1
I too don't understand why there is not a 7th character? They would not have to add anything to the game. Its not like each wizard has its own story line. A person can choose up to 6 out the 7 schools so all the art and story lines are already there. It seems all they would have to do is change the max wizards from 6 to 7 at the selection page.

I do hope you will change this soon. Thanks.

2