Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

your friend request has been denied

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 10, 2009
really, any one else wish that you got a notice when someone doesn't want to be your friend? you get them when some one doesn't want to join a group. i am just tired of FRS (friend request spam).

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Absolutely. A message like "So and so does not wish to add you to their friend list at this time" would be a nicer way of putting it. But "Friend request denied" works, too.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
That would be nice....

It could help lower the amount of times this happens:

Would you like to be friends with Lilly Lifevest?

(click no)

(click no)

UGH! NO NO NO! AAAAH!

Hmm... fun ain't it?

Just saying it would help... I'm not trying to complain or anything.... after all when you give up and click yes the person could one day end up being your best friend.... you never know.....

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I know, right! As a grandmaster, I'm not going to add a random lvl 11. They will continue to keep asking me to the point I say "no" then telport away. At least with it saying "__ ___ did not accept your friend request", they get you said no. But I don't think that will decrease the number of friend requests I get daily, though .

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Merekid wrote:
That would be nice....

It could help lower the amount of times this happens:

(click no)

(click no)

UGH! NO NO NO! AAAAH!

Hmm... fun ain't it?

Just saying it would help... I'm not trying to complain or anything.... after all when you give up and click yes the person could one day end up being your best friend.... you never know.....
Exactly.

So to all you low levels out there reading this. (probably) I DENIED YOU STOP TRYING TO ADD ME.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009

I have to agree. Random friend requests are actually getting to me. I don't mind being friends with people, but if I accepted every request, my list would be full in a few days.

And most of them are just random people looking for an easy way to get ported into an area that they haven't unlocked yet. I get people just porting in on me with no notice and then running off to do something else. I have to laugh though, when they port into a battle with my Grandmaster, and they're like a level 10. LOL! DOH!

Anyway. I have taken to just turning friend requests off. I will add people to my friends list only after I have spent a fair amount of time battling with them and/or making some sort of connection.

As an alternative, when clicking NO to a friend request, it should not allow immediate re-request by that person. Perhaps a 2 or 3 minute time delay between requests. That would be sufficient enough to stop the incessive requests, but not too restrictive that it punishes you for the occasional "oops" when you click NO to someone you really wanted to add.
(i.e. wait two minutes and try again)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
I know, right! As a grandmaster, I'm not going to add a random lvl 11. They will continue to keep asking me to the point I say "no" then telport away. At least with it saying "__ ___ did not accept your friend request", they get you said no. But I don't think that will decrease the number of friend requests I get daily, though .

Oh my gosh I hate that!!! I think this would be an excellent idea. Usually after like three times of clicking no I add them to my list than just delete them... But seriously great idea.