Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 for XBOX 360

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2009
114
Wizard101 for XBOX 360

Hello,

I am wondering how many others would like to be able to play Wizard101 on their XBOX 360?

I, for one, would love it. My XBOX is connected to a 42" LCD, with 1000 watts of surround sound audio. I would love to be able to take advantage of that system, to play Wizard101 on.

The XBOX platform provides the ability to download games.

The XBOX platform provides Internet connectivity.

Once you sign up and create an account through the wizard101.com web site, there really is no reason why you couldn't play Wizard101 on the XBOX. The application could run the say way it does on your PC (the XBOX is a PC), and it would be able to connect to the Internet the same way it does now.

Does anyone else share my desire to see a version of Wizard101 available for the XBOX 360 platform?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 30 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
10
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
I would love to play Wizard on my TV.
But I don't want Microsoft anywhere near this game..
It's fun and I love playing it after work and on the weekends.
KI is doing a great job.

So no please stay off the XBox.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
114
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
leostar74 wrote:
I would love to play Wizard on my TV.
But I don't want Microsoft anywhere near this game..
It's fun and I love playing it after work and on the weekends.
KI is doing a great job.

So no please stay off the XBox.


Hey Leostar,

You're making the assumption that in order to run on the XBOX, the game has to be a Microsoft product.

Many different companies manufacture games that run on the XBOX. EA, Epic, Bungie, etc., to name a few.

I would NEVER suggest that Microsoft have any part in Wizard101. I was only suggesting that perhaps Kings Isle could release a version of the game that will run on the XBOX.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 32 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
10
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
From the way I understand XBoX live and the market place of XBoX live to work MS has to aprove all pricing and content.

Crowns would be have to be replaced with live points- and the subscription price would be set by them also.

I hope I am wrong put I played on XBlive along time and I'm rather sure that MS would have to stick a finger in the pie somewhere.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
114
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
leostar74 wrote:
From the way I understand XBoX live and the market place of XBoX live to work MS has to aprove all pricing and content.

Crowns would be have to be replaced with live points- and the subscription price would be set by them also.

I hope I am wrong put I played on XBlive along time and I'm rather sure that MS would have to stick a finger in the pie somewhere.


Hey Leostar,

I know in order to publish a game to the XBOX platform, certain criteria would need to be met. However, I have to comment on your two assumptions, because I don't see the logic behind your concerns...

The idea that Crowns would have to be replaced with live points, doesn't really make sense. Right now, users buy crowns through the Wizard101.com web site, and the game verifies the existence of those crowns via the Internet connection. None of that would ever need to change. Today, you can't buy crowns through the game anyway. You have to go to the web site to do it. So I fail to see why XBOX Live points would even have to be considered.

The idea that the subscription price would have to be set by Microsoft doesn't make sense either. There are tons of games available on the XBOX platoform that are free to download and play. Wizard101 would be no different. Download and play it for free on the XBOX platform. Then if you want to become a member, go to wizard101.com on your PC, and sign up to be a member. VIOLA!

I'm sure that you are correct. Microsoft would probably have to stick their finger in the pie somewhere. But on the other side of the coin, you would think that Microsoft would be happy to have all of those extra users and the chance to market to them.

Additionally, in order to play online games, you have to have an XBOX Live Gold Membership. So Microsoft would already be making money from any of the users.

On that topic... I'm sure that people who only play on their PC are probably not going to shell out an extra subscription fee just to be able to play on the XBOX platform. However, those of us who already HAVE an XBOX Live Gold membership, wouldn't be spending any more money than we are already. I go play other games on my XBOX, but I have to come here to my PC, in order to play Wizard101.

It would be interesting to know how many of the millions of members Wizard101 has, also have an XBOX Live Membership. If there is a large overlap of users, perhaps the XBOX platform would make sense. If the overlap is small, then there probably is no real advantage to providing the game on that platform.


-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
834
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
I think this is a bad idea anyways -~- with a change in anything there are bugs or glitches, and people always take advantage of them. People have game cheats for XBox, what makes you think they couldnt find a way to cheat on wizard101 using it?

Squire
May 15, 2009
579
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
leostar74 wrote:
From the way I understand XBoX live and the market place of XBoX live to work MS has to aprove all pricing and content.

Crowns would be have to be replaced with live points- and the subscription price would be set by them also.

I hope I am wrong put I played on XBlive along time and I'm rather sure that MS would have to stick a finger in the pie somewhere.


Hey Leostar,

I know in order to publish a game to the XBOX platform, certain criteria would need to be met. However, I have to comment on your two assumptions, because I don't see the logic behind your concerns...

The idea that Crowns would have to be replaced with live points, doesn't really make sense. Right now, users buy crowns through the Wizard101.com web site, and the game verifies the existence of those crowns via the Internet connection. None of that would ever need to change. Today, you can't buy crowns through the game anyway. You have to go to the web site to do it. So I fail to see why XBOX Live points would even have to be considered.

The idea that the subscription price would have to be set by Microsoft doesn't make sense either. There are tons of games available on the XBOX platoform that are free to download and play. Wizard101 would be no different. Download and play it for free on the XBOX platform. Then if you want to become a member, go to wizard101.com on your PC, and sign up to be a member. VIOLA!

I'm sure that you are correct. Microsoft would probably have to stick their finger in the pie somewhere. But on the other side of the coin, you would think that Microsoft would be happy to have all of those extra users and the chance to market to them.

Additionally, in order to play online games, you have to have an XBOX Live Gold Membership. So Microsoft would already be making money from any of the users.

On that topic... I'm sure that people who only play on their PC are probably not going to shell out an extra subscription fee just to be able to play on the XBOX platform. However, those of us who already HAVE an XBOX Live Gold membership, wouldn't be spending any more money than we are already. I go play other games on my XBOX, but I have to come here to my PC, in order to play Wizard101.

It would be interesting to know how many of the millions of members Wizard101 has, also have an XBOX Live Membership. If there is a large overlap of users, perhaps the XBOX platform would make sense. If the overlap is small, then there probably is no real advantage to providing the game on that platform.


-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)


why would you even suggest this?
and yea they WOULD have to convert crowns to live points
we would have to spend triple the cash to purchase gold sub and sub for wizard as well as live point AND crowns
sorry but as far as thisa goes it gets a big fat ABSOLUTELY NOT ( no rudeness intended)
but seriously not i woul;d not wanna spend like 70$ just so i could freaking play on an xbox

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
114
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Thechaosmagician wrote:


why would you even suggest this?
and yea they WOULD have to convert crowns to live points
we would have to spend triple the cash to purchase gold sub and sub for wizard as well as live point AND crowns
sorry but as far as thisa goes it gets a big fat ABSOLUTELY NOT ( no rudeness intended)
but seriously not i woul;d not wanna spend like 70$ just so i could freaking play on an xbox


Hello Chaos Magician,

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't suggesting that Kings Isle change ANYTHING about the current game. I was only suggesting that in ADDITION to the existing PC platform, that it would be nice if the game was ALSO available on the XBOX platform.

I, personally, already have an XBOX Live subscription. I, personally, wouldn't be paying anything more than I am currently. For people like me, it would be nice to have that platform as an OPTION when choosing which system to play Wizard101 on. It's already there for me.

In that situation, I wouldn't have to abandon my XBOX Live friends, to go play Wizard101. I could still sit and chat with them in a party, while they tear up some other game. And I would be able to easily switch between playing Wizard101 and playing some of the other games that I enjoy on my XBOX platform.

For people like yourself, who do NOT have an XBOX or an XBOX Live subscription, you would still be able to play the game the same way that you are now.

And no. Crowns would never need to be converted to ms-points. Users would still go to the wizard101.com web site to purchase crowns, and the XBOX based game would simply verify the existence of those crowns through the same mechanism that the current PC platform game does. It's just a simple web service call out over the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)


Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
48
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Terrible idea. No offense yes i would like to be able to play on my tv but then you would have to convert it into a disk to work it on xbox360 so then you would have to buy the game AGAIN.

Squire
May 15, 2009
579
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:


why would you even suggest this?
and yea they WOULD have to convert crowns to live points
we would have to spend triple the cash to purchase gold sub and sub for wizard as well as live point AND crowns
sorry but as far as thisa goes it gets a big fat ABSOLUTELY NOT ( no rudeness intended)
but seriously not i woul;d not wanna spend like 70$ just so i could freaking play on an xbox


Hello Chaos Magician,

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't suggesting that Kings Isle change ANYTHING about the current game. I was only suggesting that in ADDITION to the existing PC platform, that it would be nice if the game was ALSO available on the XBOX platform.

I, personally, already have an XBOX Live subscription. I, personally, wouldn't be paying anything more than I am currently. For people like me, it would be nice to have that platform as an OPTION when choosing which system to play Wizard101 on. It's already there for me.

In that situation, I wouldn't have to abandon my XBOX Live friends, to go play Wizard101. I could still sit and chat with them in a party, while they tear up some other game. And I would be able to easily switch between playing Wizard101 and playing some of the other games that I enjoy on my XBOX platform.

For people like yourself, who do NOT have an XBOX or an XBOX Live subscription, you would still be able to play the game the same way that you are now.

And no. Crowns would never need to be converted to ms-points. Users would still go to the wizard101.com web site to purchase crowns, and the XBOX based game would simply verify the existence of those crowns through the same mechanism that the current PC platform game does. It's just a simple web service call out over the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)


let me count the ways you are wrong
1. i do have a gold subscription i am subscribed for a year
2. you STILL would have to pay a bunch of cash JUST to play it on the 360
3.the year cost me an arm and a leg, so having it on the 360 that still would not count towards wizard101 subscription
4. this would also not count towards the purchase of crowns online which ALSO cost an arm and a leg

the point of this listing is that wizard101 would not be very good on the 360, why? because 1 this is an online MMORPG
just because it inconveniences you would like to ruin this game by putting on a game system just for your needs
i hate to say this... well not really.... that i very much doubt KI will put this game on the 360... at least not for a VERY long time
now i have to say this
you need to choose between playing this and having fun and just chatting to random people over xbox live you cant do both i mean unless you got wireless controller

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
114
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Thechaosmagician wrote:

let me count the ways you are wrong
1. i do have a gold subscription i am subscribed for a year
2. you STILL would have to pay a bunch of cash JUST to play it on the 360
3.the year cost me an arm and a leg, so having it on the 360 that still would not count towards wizard101 subscription
4. this would also not count towards the purchase of crowns online which ALSO cost an arm and a leg

Um... There are many many games which are free to download and play through the XBOX. Why you ASSUME Wizard101 would cost money on that platform is beyond me. That would be totally up to KI, whether they wanted to provide the game for free or charge for it.

You would still have to have a login and a password to log into the system and use the game. So there would really be no difference in playing the game on the XBOX, as opposed to the PC. Let's face it. The XBOX is just a PC with a "gaming only" operating system.

Personally. I'd be more than happy to pay a one time cost of $10-$15 in order to have a copy of Wizard101 on the XBOX platform. I pay $20-$40 for other downloadable games that I play much less than Wizards.

If you have a hard drive in your XBOX, there are many full-release games that are available for purchase and download, right to your XBOX. So you don't even need a disk to play the game. Wizards could easily be offered as one of these downloadable titles. It would simply need to be a version that runs on that platform.

Regardless, that makes all four of your points null and void. Sorry.

Thechaosmagician wrote:

the point of this listing is that wizard101 would not be very good on the 360, why? because 1 this is an online MMORPG

Well, first, being an MMORPG really has no bearing on the platform. So I fail to see your point here. No reason why you can't play an MMORPG on the XBOX Live platform.

Since I was the one who started this topic, let me clarify the "point of this listing". The point was to determine if there were any other people who WOULD LIKE to see Wizard101 on the XBOX platform.

I really didn't care about hearing tons of unsubstantiated and pessimistic reasons why people did NOT want to see this. However, I am entertaining your discussion because I feel it's worthwhile to address concerns that may or may not be valid. Talking it out is really the only way to identify real concerns.

So far, I have not heard any concerns that even come close to legitimate. Only unfounded reasons that seem to be manufactured in order to convince someone that this is a bad idea.

Thechaosmagician wrote:

just because it inconveniences you would like to ruin this game by putting on a game system just for your needs
i hate to say this... well not really.... that i very much doubt KI will put this game on the 360... at least not for a VERY long time
now i have to say this
you need to choose between playing this and having fun and just chatting to random people over xbox live you cant do both i mean unless you got wireless controller

Okay. Well, I certainly didn't say anything that warranted insulting commentary. So I'm just going to let you rant.

How about we get back on topic, shall we?

Let's all assume that in order to coincide with the current PC offering, that KI would need to provide an XBOX version in ADDITION to the PC version. Let's also assume that they would have to make sure that there were no additional costs for the user. (Although some of us would be willing to deal with that)

Given those assumptions, are there any wizards reading this thread who would like to be able to play Wizard101 on the XBOX in addition to their PC?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
313
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
look if micorosoft got involved with the xbox version of wizard101 it would be MASS CHAOS i mean i've seen videos on you tube of this dude who keeps on having to send in xboxs and when he got one back guess what was inside just a HD cable and a piece of paper that said ' you got owned ' seriously i ABSOLUTLY agree for the first time with the chaosmagician and about xbox live i'm hearing about LOTS of people getting hacked on xbox live if someone hacks on the pc wiz101 then someone can hack the xbox version so much that sometimes it makes it go DOWN no signal in or hour so seriously i dont think kingsisle would make an xbox live version of this game

Hero
May 19, 2009
790
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
I would like to say that there has never been a successful mmo for a console system. Even final fantasy Xl which is the only muti system and pc crossovergame i can think of wasnt that good.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
9
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Why not hook your PC to your LCD and surround sound?......problem solved.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
13
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
They should just come out with a disc like all the other games and have you buy the crowns on their website then update the disc.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
This is a FABULOUS idea I absolutly LOVE it.

I wrote something similar to this is you wanna look it up.

On the replies to my post someone mentioned an XBox 360.

Hehe LOOK THE POST UP!!

H2ulgsyd

Squire
May 15, 2009
579
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

let me count the ways you are wrong
1. i do have a gold subscription i am subscribed for a year
2. you STILL would have to pay a bunch of cash JUST to play it on the 360
3.the year cost me an arm and a leg, so having it on the 360 that still would not count towards wizard101 subscription
4. this would also not count towards the purchase of crowns online which ALSO cost an arm and a leg

Um... There are many many games which are free to download and play through the XBOX. Why you ASSUME Wizard101 would cost money on that platform is beyond me. That would be totally up to KI, whether they wanted to provide the game for free or charge for it.

You would still have to have a login and a password to log into the system and use the game. So there would really be no difference in playing the game on the XBOX, as opposed to the PC. Let's face it. The XBOX is just a PC with a "gaming only" operating system.

Personally. I'd be more than happy to pay a one time cost of $10-$15 in order to have a copy of Wizard101 on the XBOX platform. I pay $20-$40 for other downloadable games that I play much less than Wizards.

If you have a hard drive in your XBOX, there are many full-release games that are available for purchase and download, right to your XBOX. So you don't even need a disk to play the game. Wizards could easily be offered as one of these downloadable titles. It would simply need to be a version that runs on that platform.

Regardless, that makes all four of your points null and void. Sorry.

Thechaosmagician wrote:

the point of this listing is that wizard101 would not be very good on the 360, why? because 1 this is an online MMORPG

Well, first, being an MMORPG really has no bearing on the platform. So I fail to see your point here. No reason why you can't play an MMORPG on the XBOX Live platform.

Since I was the one who started this topic, let me clarify the "point of this listing". The point was to determine if there were any other people who WOULD LIKE to see Wizard101 on the XBOX platform.

I really didn't care about hearing tons of unsubstantiated and pessimistic reasons why people did NOT want to see this. However, I am entertaining your discussion because I feel it's worthwhile to address concerns that may or may not be valid. Talking it out is really the only way to identify real concerns.

So far, I have not heard any concerns that even come close to legitimate. Only unfounded reasons that seem to be manufactured in order to convince someone that this is a bad idea.

Thechaosmagician wrote:

just because it inconveniences you would like to ruin this game by putting on a game system just for your needs
i hate to say this... well not really.... that i very much doubt KI will put this game on the 360... at least not for a VERY long time
now i have to say this
you need to choose between playing this and having fun and just chatting to random people over xbox live you cant do both i mean unless you got wireless controller

Okay. Well, I certainly didn't say anything that warranted insulting commentary. So I'm just going to let you rant.

How about we get back on topic, shall we?

Let's all assume that in order to coincide with the current PC offering, that KI would need to provide an XBOX version in ADDITION to the PC version. Let's also assume that they would have to make sure that there were no additional costs for the user. (Although some of us would be willing to deal with that)

Given those assumptions, are there any wizards reading this thread who would like to be able to play Wizard101 on the XBOX in addition to their PC?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Journeyman Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

My 4 points are not invalid
for 1. wizard101 could not offer it for free do you know how expensive it is to put something on an xbox?
they couldnt put it on for free
next they would have to charge microsoft to download lets say the price is 2000 mp thats over 20$ money okay you download it now lets go buy a subscription oops sorry there are non available where you live that meabns you have to buy it online
you buy 6 months and 30k crowns lets see that total would be over 100$
lets see you need a gold subscription to play online officially lets see 3 months so that makes the total a bit over 120$
that is my point your a teenager you dont have this kinda money unless your parents are rich yes yes " get a job" not many jobs are open and a lot dont pay that much

now lets move on to updates, regardless of whethor you think so or not the companies who runs the 360 will want to tick people off and much as possible by making them pay mp to play updates on wizard101 if made for the 360

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
24
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
I for one, personally think it is not a good idea. MMO's were ment for PC's. Not game systems. Communication would be a pain, We would have to pay extra to play, and there would be so much lag it would be unbelieveable. The Xbox is ment for online games with 16 or so players at a time. 1 million players online all the time would crash the entire system.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
2
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
no just No We dont need more under aged kids on Xbox live

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
891
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
I think Wii would be more fun.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Re: Wizard101 for XBOX 360
ok one word:NO the xbox does not need to be turned into a computer if the xbox gets the game guess what? other systems are eventually gonna start making a wizard 101 game too. think about it wizard101 on the ds....i dont think so