Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why only six characters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
crusher2488 wrote:
The seats are on everyones page if you look close, but everyone gets 6 characters. Come on, KI knows if you really want to complete the game and play as that 7th character (and keep all of your other hard earned wizards), you'll shell out the cash for another acct. lol

As for Wizards - I have a Grandmaster Myth who I really liked, but now I am working on Ice (Level 25 right now) and am loving him. hard to say if I will seriously ever do 6 wizards, or even 3 for that matter, but you never know. If I skip a class it will probably be Storm. I love their spells, but fizzles drive me insane.
That is what i thought at first too. I was like heck i am not gonna make a storm they fizzle like there's no tomorrow.. but look now i have a grand storm you probably already know that they get accuracy from they're cloths. And when you get to grand your grand gear gives you 15% accuracy which adds up to 85% accuracy so in the end storm has normal accuracy.
Oh btw i totally agree with you guys with there adding a 7th character spot
Sestiva Frostblood Grandmaster life
Cassandra Lotusriver Grandmaster storm

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
swtogirl wrote:
Guys, I know it would be cool to have another wizard, but think of it from KI's perspective. If every account was allowed one more wizard, that would be 2 million new slots. Now, think of all of the data each wizard has stored: clothing, pet, level, crowns, gold, power pip percent, cards available, decks, marked places, quests, etc. It is a tremendous amount of data.

It seems so easy to say, "but I just want one more wizard!" until you think of the massive amount of work and data you're asking for. They'd need several more servers just to handle all of that, I'd bet.
I was just thinking about this after i posted a few min ago. Now your right and all. I just have one more thing to add. Think about how much work that would be to make a 7th character when now they are working on celestia.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I am about to have 6 Grandmasters on my account, and would like to keep this account active.

Nothing left to do. :(

So, huge support for this thread. :D

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
crusher2488 wrote:
The seats are on everyones page if you look close, but everyone gets 6 characters. Come on, KI knows if you really want to complete the game and play as that 7th character (and keep all of your other hard earned wizards), you'll shell out the cash for another acct. lol

As for Wizards - I have a Grandmaster Myth who I really liked, but now I am working on Ice (Level 25 right now) and am loving him. hard to say if I will seriously ever do 6 wizards, or even 3 for that matter, but you never know. If I skip a class it will probably be Storm. I love their spells, but fizzles drive me insane.

Well after 4 the game drives you nuts, well it does to me. Their are 6 seats, with one standing, and No us Sub/crown buyers, DO NOT have access to 8 wizs. But we Should atleast have 7 seats for every class. Never made sence why KI did not do 7 seats.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Thats true.... Maybe they did that so there would still be mystery to the game???????? My only problem with it is that there still is an extra seat on your character screen. We should be able to fill it

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
well with celestia coming out and 3 new schools there will be 10 wizards maybe there secondary schools only but they said that AFTER celestia comes the player amount will increase from 6 million to 10 million and on test realm they wroking on faster data so this a feature that they dont think big so they dont talk about it and are planning to come with celestia they are 7 slots but one is not used and 2 seats in the back ground that means we will have 9 seats and 10 wizards and the hope the new schools are not JUST secondary. who knows i not an admin but i been a year and a half player and have seen some of the greatest changes i can REALLY see this coming with celestia like they fixed the MAJOR oni battle at the end of mooshu with out a word so this could be allike it. but i really support this kings isle.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
This is totally unfair. I have all my wizards at lvl 50 but the only school I needed was fire. This is so unfair. Plz KI if you are seeing all of are measages plz plz make an update for we can have 7 charecters. Thx.

P.S. Everyone who is reading my letter, lets all ask KI to make an update to 7. WE CAN DO THIS! :D

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
i think if you have seven schools you should earn way more training points so you dont have to have one primary and a secondary you should be able to have all the schools for instance my primary myth but my secondary storm i like death to but i have no training points to be able to have any death spells i really wish KI could improve that so i could get a feint

Tyler titanblood,50 myth

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
to be honest there might not be much people who will play and finish 6 wizards.

coyleghosthammer-43 necromancer
ericcrowhunter-18 sorcecer
connergoldenshield-11 diviner
blakegoldenshield-5 theurgist

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
SyphaN wrote:
iceshard316 wrote:
you are write there should be room to be each school without deleting a player :(
p.s. i'm anthonyfrostcloud level 20 ice wizard.

Look a little harder way in the back of your charactor screen up in the far back top row, on the left and on the right are 2 more seats!
You can make up to 8 toons. But it might be that just subscription/crown players get these extra seats? although they are a bit hard to see.

i am a subscribed player and i am only able to make 6 characters...ever since i created my sixth wizard the new button has become shadowy and see through

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
swtogirl wrote:
I agree that not all 2 mill users will create 7 wizards. Quite a few thousand (hundred thousands?) won't create more than 4. However, KI needs to have the capacity to handle 14 million current wizards, with growth of new accounts.

14 million pieces of data are not a lot with such a large program, however, as I pointed out, it is not just 2 million new pieces of data. Each wizard has a lot of data stored with it. My earlier list was only a small fraction of all of the data stored about each wizard. Here are some more:

Friends, ignored friends, chat logs, houses, items in houses, banks, items in banks/shared banks/backpacks/attics, etc.

I would be interested to see an estimate of how much data is stored about each wizard.

As for there originally should have been 7 slots, I agree. However, if you think about it, there are really a large number of combinations of wizard's first and second schools (7 x 6 = 42, if you count third schools, 7x 6 x5 = 210). Obviously, we can't all have a Fire/Ice, Ice/Fire, Fire/Storm, Storm/Fire, etc. wizard.

At this point, it would be cost prohibitive to add a seventh slot. I would expect KI would ask us to pay more for such an addition. Perhaps a better option would be a premium account and has extra slots, maybe 10, for which you pay a higher subscription rate.

think about it...most people will not create 6 wizards but for my wizards i have chosen to use training points outside of ravenwood...many seperate characters in wizard city offer training such as shields, but these require training points

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I know! that stinks so badly, they definitely allow more than just 6 wizards! They got a couple of perfectly good chairs in the back of the room and yet, they don't use them!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
iceshard316 wrote:
you are write there should be room to be each school without deleting a player :(
p.s. i'm anthonyfrostcloud level 20 ice wizard.

Look a little harder way in the back of your charactor screen up in the far back top row, on the left and on the right are 2 more seats!
You can make up to 8 toons. But it might be that just subscription/crown players get these extra seats? although they are a bit hard to see.

Not really. Having basic or unlimited access doesn't affect the character selecting.