Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which World is Your Favorite?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
My favorite world would have to be Grizzleheim so far. I haven't gotten to Mooshu yet because Marleybone is EVIL!! well that and incredibly long. I mean it took long enough to finish Krok and now I have this incredibly complex city to go through. But Grizzleheim is beautiful and I love the whole mountains and cold air theme. I wonder when well get a world to continue from Dragonspire.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Elessar wrote:
Monsterax wrote:
Personally, having checked out test recently, I'd say Grizzlehien is my favorite so far, then Moo Shu, then Dragonspyre.

We should make a club of people who hate Marleybone! :D

SIGN ME UP! *mutters* Burn Marlybone, Burn!

I hereby join your club :) Once we burn it, I will be dancing on the ashes!

P.S. My favorite world is DragonSpyre. Fire and lava and destruction everywhere! It is so weird that I am a girl, isn't it?
-Elizabeth IceBlossom, level 50 Pyromancer and pyromaniac

Hero
May 02, 2009
Hmm, favorite world, now that's a tough one.

I would say that it would have to be all of them.

WC because it's a good place to be in.

KT because it has a reunion of the order of the fang.

MB because it's pretty challenging.

MS because of I guess the secret bosses.

DS because it has a pretty good storyline, and I like that one drake's voice(the drake that gives you the quests to defeat Avalanche, Homonculus and Ivan SoulSinger, I forget the drake's name though.)

GH because it has not so tough enemies.

NOTE: I have never had a world that I didn't loathe. I think that all the worlds are fine the way they are, and if you just go along with what they're asking for, you'll be fine.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
OH NO DOUBT! GO DRAGONSPIER! (did i spell that right?)

Mike skull blood level 41 death/life

Survivor
May 31, 2009
My favorite worlds are Krokotopia and Dragonspyre there so epic 8)
my least favorite world is Marleybone it's so boring there's not very many people there or enemys...
And Mooshu is good just not a big fan of mad cows and crazy pigs

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Wizard City - Its kinda boring really,except if you are crazy high lvl and like showing off to the new people. :P

Krokotopia - Its ok, it took me a LOOOONG time to finish though, so i dont really like Krok that much. XD

Marley Bone - Be afraid, Marley Bone will burn to the ground.

Grizzleheim - It is my favorite. I dont know what it is, but i really like it there.

MooShu - It like Japanese/Chinese stuff, so i really like MooShu

DragonSpyre - I love dragons, and destruction, so i really like DragonSpyre.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
I was wondering, now that Celestia is out, what their favorite worlds are. They can be your favorite for any reason you want.
Here's mine.

1. Wizard City
2. Marleybone
3. Mooshu
4. Krokotopia
5. Grizzleheim
6. Dragonspyre
7. Celestia (Sorry KI, it just doesn't appeal to me)

Daniel Stormstaff
Grandmaster Diviner
Level 50

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
soccergoal7659 wrote:
I was wondering, now that Celestia is out, what their favorite worlds are. They can be your favorite for any reason you want.
Here's mine.

1. Wizard City
2. Marleybone
3. Mooshu
4. Krokotopia
5. Grizzleheim
6. Dragonspyre

Daniel Stormstaff
Grandmaster Diviner
Level 50

A grandmaster Diviner's least favorite world is Celestia?? Weird. Here's my list.

1. Wizard City (How can you not like Wizard City?)
2. Celestia
3. Grizzleheim
4. Marleybone
5. Dragonspyre
6. Krokotopia (I actually like KT as much as DS)
7. Mooshu (It's not that I don't like it, but it seems I go there the least)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
soccergoal7659 wrote:
Here's mine.

1. Wizard City
2. Marleybone
3. Mooshu
4. Krokotopia
5. Grizzleheim
6. Dragonspyre

Daniel Stormstaff
Grandmaster Diviner
Level 50
1.cl
2.mb
3.ms
4.ds
5.gh
6.wc
7.kt

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
what is your favorite world and why? i like marleybone for its england setting.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
Totally Celestia. I found DS relativaly easy(ish), so Celestia is a welcome challenge. I also love the world design, the scenery, and the monster design. KI has truly outdone themselves this time!

-Ashley Mythblade Level 58 Sorceror

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Celestia is my favorite world! Because it is beautiful and has wonderful graphics. The challenges are awesome, I love the fact that we actually fight street enemies that are actually bringing us a good fight! I also like the new spells and characters as well. :)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
i'm Celestia whole. and i like it because well its got to do with everything i just love. water! :) :-) :D

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Grizzleheim looks really nice to me, I like the dark forest setting and it makes me think of Scandinavia...

I also like Marleybone, being a city person and all.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
After going through all worlds I have to say.... Wizard city. It's kinda calm, lots of people are there unlike the other worlds where you see like 10-20 people.And its like all the wizard's home.

Chris LightSword Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
so what is your favorite world to quest in? and why is the reason you chose that world?

My favorite world is probably mooshu i love the pretty scenery , the walking bacon (ninja pigs :D) and the pretty good xp you get from there.

so whats YOUR favorite world???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kane JadeHeart grandmaster life

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Sorry if there are a million other threads like this, I just haven't noticed any recent ones.

So, what's your favorite world? You can post your favorite worlds from best to worst and vice versa, or you can just post your favorite world only.

So, here's my list (I am only doing the ones I have obtained the Spiral Key to)

1'st: Marleybone!
Why? Because I love the look, the monsters, and the clothes! And I love Big Ben, I always help friends who need to defeat it, because I haven't finished MB. It's also a pretty good source for Scrap Iron.

2'nd: Krokotopia!
Why? Because I just plain love Manders, the clothes, and how they based it off of ancient Egypt, which is one of my favorite places! But I don't like the Pink Dandelions they keep on dropping... >:O I used to have over 50 of them in my backpack.

3'rd: Grizzleheim!
Why? BEARS AND VOGNIR RUNETHIEF :D and I can relax in Northguard. :)

4'th: Wizard City!
Why? The Bazaar, my 4 buddies: Merle, Zeke, Hilda Brewer (I visit her every day for potions!), and Gamma, and the awesome teachers! It doesn't rank so high because I just hated the music, the monsters, and bosses. It just didn't fit into my personality like MB did.

5'th: Wysteria (shudder!)
Why? I know it's just an optional world, but I just hated the music, the enemies (and if I didn't like the enemies in this world, how will Mooshu be?) and the fact that there is no pet shop and furniture shop. I know KI worked hard on this, but I feel like it was a world that was rushed beyond belief.
But I will admit that I liked the twist in the storyline when the wiz finds out that it was Chester that was connected to the Green Men and then Lord Bramble captured his soul and put it into a rag doll. I just LOVE twists like that! It gets me more drawn into the game.

So come on in and post your favorite world! My ears are wide open (or maybe eyes because this is is forum, where you usually read posts) XD

Jordan FireBringer, lvl 36 Fire
Elijah DeathBringer, lvl 7 Death
Patrick Star, lvl 1 Storm

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I love Grizzelheim and Wintertusk. Mostly because of the woodsy feel to those places. The Great Outdoors, if you like.
I find myself going back to Mooshu also because of the gren spaces and sunshine.

In real life, I'm not fond of dark, closed in areas, so I'm not really fond of the darkness in MB or DS.
But thats just me. :D

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
here's my favorite worlds in order from greatest to least:

(please note that i don't have a description for the reason i like and hate worlds)

1. marleybone
2. mooshu
3 krokotopia
4. dragonspyre
5. wizard city
6. wintertusk/grizzleheim
7. celestia
8.wysteria

- john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 23 adept necromancer
john thundermancer level 5 apprentice diviner

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Happy to share my experiences.

1st: Mooshu, by far
As A Life wizard, it fits just fine with my personality, has some nice pets, (PET COLLECTOR ON THE LOOSE!) and is really light. After almost not completing Marleybone because of me, aimlessly walking aroung Regent's square, not being able too see where I was going, Mooshu was a breath of fresh air. I also LOVE the music

2nd: Grizzlehiem!
I live up north, so this world is like HOME to me. The music is pretty awesome, and the enemies are very neat. I can't wait to get to Wintertusk!

3rd: Wizard City
I loved how all the streets had a different theme to them. Firecats, Tritons, Unicorns, and Cyclopes, Oh my! The commons, I don't enjoy the commons, because of all the hustle and bustle, and many online daters. I liked the bosses, (Release the Kraken!) and the final bosses, Foulgaze and Lord Nightshade.

4th: Marleybone
I must say, I LOVED the theme and decoration in Marleybone. I hated the darkness, and how there was NO SIDEWALKS WHATSOEVER. O'Leary's?
Never want to defeat them AGAIN. Big Ben IS fun though, and I love the secret boss. The neverending quests and the blindness of it all is why It's not in 3rd.

5th: Wysteria
Oh, Wysteria. It is like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which I love. I HATED Belladona Crisp, but LOVED my golden Piggle. I hated cheating bosses, but hey, at least it was a challange, and gave me a neat trophy!

6th: Krokotopia
I must say, I tried to like this world. I really did. But after about a month, too many pyramids, and slaves, This world is my least favourite. i do like the decor, and the theme, but hated most other things.

Thanks for the question!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 39 Therugist♣

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Krokotopia, because it is puzzly <----(new word I just invented), and the music is soothing.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
1st well of course wysteria because its like totally awesome i love how theirs pigs lol and how many like different quest there are and how your in a tournament
2nd marleybone cause i love dogs first of all :D and how its like so mysterious
3rd dragonspyre honestly because its more like exciting
4th mooshu well of course theirs cows lol :P and how their like in a type of war thing
5th wizardcity main reason theirs wizards just like you :)
6th grizzleheim because not so much fun
7th krokatopia because eh again not so much fun

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Your first is my last-place vote. :-P My favourite worlds are, in order:

#1: Dragonspyre

Maybe my love of all things dark and awesome has roots in my Gothic days, but this world makes me want to bat (pun intended) for the dark side all over again!

Reasons to love DS:

1. Red and purple ROCK!
2. Russians, and their cool names/awesome accents.
3. Yeva Spiderkeeper's costume.
4. the Crystal Grove (I am A.D.D., and happen to like shiny things :-P ).
5. Evil overlords bent on world domination.

I was very, very sad that the Malistaire/Sylvia arc ended so suddenly, and so early on. It was a beautiful and heartbreaking story- expertly-crafted and with believable characters... a creative writing workshop I attended recently focused on how to make even the bad guys human, no matter how evil and psychotic they are, and this plot-line is a shining example of that. Take away his powers, and Malistaire is just a guy who is heartbroken/still in denial and doesn't understand why nothing can bring Sylvia back.

(I could keep going on about why that writer deserves a promotion, but I digress.)

Moving on...

#2: Krok

Perhaps I'm biased here, but I am a Balance wiz and this is where I rock out with Alhazred and the Order of the Fang. The references to ancient Egypt (Krokhotep, Krokopatra, the Krokonomicon, etc...) are great, and I like chilling in the Oasis. Also worth noting: those little Manders are just soooooo gosh-darn cute!

#3: Wizard City

Happy, cheery little place. Even if there's not a lot going on here, I stop by many times a day to buy potions, sell things at the Bazaar, or farm the Kraken (my other favourite boss, after Malistaire) when the servers are empty. The one thing I dislike about it is the fact that my Legendary gets spammed with friend requests there- it got so bad that I had to turn them off, and I usually forget to turn them back on unless someone I actually like asks.

#4: Wysteria

Despite the fact that I'm well-above the target level, I like this little spot. It has the same, cheery vibe as WC, though it also has other perks, like:

1. Cute, little piggles in the street.
2. Pegasi, especially the black and red ones (see first sentence on DS).
3. Chester Droors (yes, I caught myself smirking )
4. The cat-girl from Mirage- I'm a cat person, so I'd like to see them as the good guys, for once.

Gripes:

1. Sidewalks are too narrow in Tanglewood Way.
2. Lord Graustark (yeah, he got on my nerves).
3. No new pets or furniture/houses.
4. Helephant Tower, and the group "requirement".

#5: Mooshu

Another bright and cheery spot, complete with cute, fuzzy animals and Asian motifs! I disliked the Cave of Solitude, though, and those darn Ninja Pigs; this time, the cheery, happy atmosphere was not pleasant, but overwhelming, and it made my stomach turn. I blame my Gothic days for this as well, but the overload of sugary sweetness was really quite nauseating.

# 6: Grizzleheim/Wintertusk

The plot drags/is completely unrelated to the main arc, XP is terrible, and it's basically one boss after another. Great for farming, if you're a Legendary, but very overwhelming for most everyone else... Jotun and co. are particularly bad/annoying/horrible, for those of us who lack extreme patience.

Of course, it's not all bad. Shadowsong (my legendary Balance wiz) loves sharing her last name with Kol, though Vampire Val has informed me that he would rather behead a Hydra with dental-floss. I hope he gets Wraith before leaving there, since he'll need to replace the life that this world sucked out of him somehow.

#7: Celestia

Yes, polymorphs/aura spells are amazing. But those dang Shadow-Web Conscripts drove me UP THE WALL... I needed them for about 5 different quests, and had to kill about 90 of them for just one of the 3 things I was supposed to collect- it adds up, y'know.

I also dislike Celestian Remnants/ "star" monsters- they are glorified Balance creatures, and do nothing except spam shields and occasionally throw a Hydra or Spec. If I wanted to pull my hair out, I'd go back to Nidavellir and farm Jotun, or something equally tedious.

In its defense- SCHOOL-ONLY SPELLS! That means no *insert school that's not Balance here* enemies spamming Weakness traps, which makes Shadowsong jump for joy. I like Stormriven as well (other than the conscripts), but that's about it.

#8: Marleybone

Dogs, especially talking ones that speak in English accents, are cute, but that's about the only redeeming quality here. It's dark, and not in a good way... whenever someone asks me to help in there, I run (screaming) in the other direction until I'm as far away from that place as I can get.

That's my two cents. I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers, as I did yours, and that many other wizards will stop by to share their thoughts. :-)

Happy travels,

Laura Shadowsong,
Master of Balance

&

Vampire Val,
Magus Necromancer.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
1st wintertusk
2nd mooshu
3rd celestia
4th dragonspyre