Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where are the holiday items?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Come on guys, it's just a little over 2 weeks till Christmas, and knowing how it usually goes (you have to pay with crowns for seasonal stuff) it won't be as worth it if you wait too much longer to put the stuff out there! Why spend real money on something you would only use in game for a week? Put the "yuletide" items up ASAP, please!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
Come on guys, it's just a little over 2 weeks till Christmas, and knowing how it usually goes (you have to pay with crowns for seasonal stuff) it won't be as worth it if you wait too much longer to put the stuff out there! Why spend real money on something you would only use in game for a week? Put the "yuletide" items up ASAP, please!

Yes, please get this up soon! It is getting too close to that time! I would have thought you would have added in the holiday vendor during the maintenance you just did...I was not happy to see that all that seems to have been done was to make every pet that comes with a crown card this month have the exact same ability...and for that matter ONE copy of that card per pet, so it isn't as precious, at least to me! I was actually hoping that Firezilla pet would come with THAT spell as was originally scheduled!

At least get the Holiday Vendor out soon...PLEASE!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

Yes, please get this up soon! It is getting too close to that time! I would have thought you would have added in the holiday vendor during the maintenance you just did...I was not happy to see that all that seems to have been done was to make every pet that comes with a crown card this month have the exact same ability...and for that matter ONE copy of that card per pet, so it isn't as precious, at least to me! I was actually hoping that Firezilla pet would come with THAT spell as was originally scheduled!

yea i have been waiting for 3 weeeks for this vendor to come out ugh just get rid of hannah and get the vendor OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

Yeah my son is gonna be a bit bummed out because the Firezilla card I got him won't have the spell with it now, which was one of the few things he wanted for Christmas. If I would have known that all the pets would give the same spell, we would have saved some money and just gone to Walgreen's and grabbed a card since it is a heck of a lot closer than the Best Buy.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
bettymachete wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

Yeah my son is gonna be a bit bummed out because the Firezilla card I got him won't have the spell with it now, which was one of the few things he wanted for Christmas. If I would have known that all the pets would give the same spell, we would have saved some money and just gone to Walgreen's and grabbed a card since it is a heck of a lot closer than the Best Buy.

So are you saying if I redeem my gift card that I got from Best Buy that the firezilla will not come with the dragonblade card that they claimed would start on 12/10/09. I don't want to have any issues in claiming the right reward.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I Just think its a little ridiculous to have Halloween stuf out for nearly a month. To have Thanksgiving out for a month but Christmas is in 2 weeks and there is yet a sign of the Christmas Vendor. Or at least decorate for Christmas! You know how many cool things you could do for Christmas on wizard 101. Like instead of collecting pumkins we could collect wreaths or candy canes. You Could have Some Santa Elves for us to battle. Something? You know Thanksgiving is an American Holiday. People Celebrate Christmas ALL around the world! Come on guys get with the show!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
aurak wrote:
So are you saying if I redeem my gift card that I got from Best Buy that the firezilla will not come with the dragonblade card that they claimed would start on 12/10/09. I don't want to have any issues in claiming the right reward.

No. He is complaing:
that the original spell that came with the Firezilla pet has been changed to the dragonblade.
and,
that the same dragonblade is being attached to ALL of the different pets, thereby making it less unique.

Not only has KI dropped the ball this Christmas, but they appear to have kicked it under the table as well.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Well the Yuletide decorations finally arrived on the Live realm after spending time on the test realm and when I saw them on Test my first thought was , "what the heck". KI this is a joke right ?! I have to agree with the other poster that you are passing up a great opportunity to really deck the place out for Yuletide as you call it. Those little red bows on the lamp posts are a virtural joke. I also agree you could have set up some quests as you did at Halloween. Let the kids go search for the ornaments or wreaths or holiday elves. With school letting out soon for Chrismas there will be a whole new batch of free players trying out Wizard. Can you imagine them showing the parents all the fun they are having and all the great decorations and saying, Hey Mom and Dad I can play this for free right now or you can get me a membership for the whole year for only $60 or we can pay by the month ! Can I please have Wizard for Christmas ! You have a great bunch of people working for you with endless imaginations......let them go wild for Christmas for gosh sakes.

As a side note, I'm still waiting for the Grizzleheim houses.....when are they coming ? Preview is already out on the internet.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
fjwr wrote:
Well the Yuletide decorations finally arrived on the Live realm after spending time on the test realm and when I saw them on Test my first thought was , "what the heck". KI this is a joke right ?! I have to agree with the other poster that you are passing up a great opportunity to really deck the place out for Yuletide as you call it. Those little red bows on the lamp posts are a virtural joke. I also agree you could have set up some quests as you did at Halloween. Let the kids go search for the ornaments or wreaths or holiday elves. With school letting out soon for Chrismas there will be a whole new batch of free players trying out Wizard. Can you imagine them showing the parents all the fun they are having and all the great decorations and saying, Hey Mom and Dad I can play this for free right now or you can get me a membership for the whole year for only $60 or we can pay by the month ! Can I please have Wizard for Christmas ! You have a great bunch of people working for you with endless imaginations......let them go wild for Christmas for gosh sakes.

As a side note, I'm still waiting for the Grizzleheim houses.....when are they coming ? Preview is already out on the internet.

Even though it took longer than I liked and isn't nearly as spectacular looking as I hoped....like Halloween was....I am glad to at least see the vendor out and the tree up!

One thing I am not happy about is that the vendor sells a "Santa Hat" for girls that might as well be the hat of a Milk Maid...c'mon KI, are you kidding? Lots of women wear real Santa hats around the holidays, so why not have one available for female wizards here?

Other than the Santa hat issue I love all the other stuff the vendor is selling, I am not big on wands and like staffs better so I really don't care about the wands being kind of dorky looking...lol.

The new Meowmoden Charity Mount that is available is really cool looking, but why are we being ripped off on mount speed? Anyone with this mount will not be able to keep up with their friends who have normal mounts!

The houses are all really pretty cool in their own ways. I bought a storm one for my newest storm wizard, since the house was on sale, but doubt I will be buying any others too soon unless they are on sale too. The only sad thing about the homes, and this is not KI's fault really because they have done a beautiful job on the design of most, is that it takes away from any imagination that one use to have to use to make a house look like it "fit" a wizard. Now the houses are specifically designed for wizards of each school. I sort of liked making my cheap WC house look like it fit Ice with making it look very log cabin-like inside and very woodsy outside with lots of pine trees, even a wood cutting area.
Anyway, still; beautiful design work on the new housing!

And one last thing; I too am wondering about the Grizzleheim housing:When is it coming out? I have been looking more forward to that than the school-themed homes.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
The new Meowmoden Charity Mount that is available is really cool looking, but why are we being ripped off on mount speed? Anyone with this mount will not be able to keep up with their friends who have normal mounts!

You gotta be kidding me!!!

I wanted another mount for my wizards to share, so I purchased that CROWN ONLY mount, not just because it was on sale, but because the proceeds go to charity. I never looked at the run speed percentage because ALL the permanent mounts had the same speed.

That comment made me relaunch my game and take another look. Sure enough, he goes 10% slower then the rest of the permanent mounts.

KI, are you out of your minds!?!? What were you thinking that you would reward those people who's generousity of spirit had them they PAY CASH instead of in-game gold to get a mount, then cripple them by reducing their speed?