Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spells to train

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2014

I'm a death level 30 and have been training life right now. I got to satry but the rest of the spells are a waste. I want to get tower sheild but then I wont have much points for celestial. Right now I have three points and,have no clue what to do. Please help and keep in mind i ve been doing the prospector zeke quests.

Matthew Darksword level 30

I m finishing up side quests in wysteria then going to marleybone.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Save your points for Sun and Star spells when you get to Celestia and beyond.

Unless you are really hardcore into PvP skip Tower. Don't train Ice or any other main school. Life to Satyr is only useful if you have life mastery and want to heal other players. Death doesn't need to heal very often.

Train Spirit Blade. Some death players train Myth to Frog or Quake to have a lower pip AoE, but again, that isn't much use without mastery and once you get Crow you're set. You can also craft or farm Deer Knight. If you often team up with other players you might want to get the other combination blades and traps. They can be pretty handy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I assume you got Spiritblade from Niles in Krok. Nothing wrong with getting tower shield, you'll use it a lot if you PvP. I wouldn't worry too much about saving training points. All the worlds in the second arc have a few extra side quests to earn them in addition to Zeke's.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
If you don't want to wait and save points I would say storm. Storm is packed with lots of damage and good in battle .And if you get storm you will get lots of health from the death and life and lots of damage with the storm. Hope this helped

Elizabeth level 62

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
You should train the tower shield if you really want to. You wont have to save for celestia because at the levels of astral magic (50 not included) odgen peake will give you a quest for a training point at the levels 52,
54,56 and so on.
Richard level 58
Tower Shield is EPIC!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
swashguy on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
You should train the tower shield if you really want to. You wont have to save for celestia because at the levels of astral magic (50 not included) odgen peake will give you a quest for a training point at the levels 52,
54,56 and so on.
Richard level 58
Tower Shield is EPIC!
Accually only up to 56
Richard level 58

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
The real question is how much you plan to PvP. Tower is very good for PvP - almost essential. It isn't needed at all for PvE. So if you are mostly into questing, skip it. If you are going to PvP, train it for sure.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I think that you should not waste anymore training points for sun moon and star spells once you reach Celestia. I learned that the hard way so if you have crowns I suggest you buy your training points back .

Hope this helps!
-

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Necromancers don't need to train Life. Tower shield is good to have, but not necessary. Later, when you have more training points, you can train the level 8 shields from some schools to get a -70% shield to 2 schools. Train Spirit Blade if you already haven't.