Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What gets a person kicked off your friend list?

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
I've recently had a string of people booted from my list. I'm a bit strict when it comes to certain behavior and I'm curious to see what other people think is a defriendable offense. So please, let's start a list and compare notes. :)

1. Asking me to buy you something with crowns. Umm crowns cost money. Money costs me time and frustration at my job. Do you really think you are worth my time and frustration? Nope, booted from the list.

2. Starting weird fights with people in a dungeon over a trap. So sorry someone used your trap. That doesn't mean you should start an argument in the middle of a dungeon. Nor does it give you license to use pseudo foul language or to insult people. Even if your words are not directed at me, you still get booted from my list for such poor behavior and for causing such a hostile environment.

3. Expecting me to reciprocate your imagined feelings and then getting upset because I don't, I won't, and I can't. This is a game, anything that takes away from my enjoyment gets removed. So if you're gonna confess to me your silly little feelings after meeting me the day before and then get all sulky because I said I have no interest, <snicker> sayonara!

4. Whining. Seriously, I can't stand whining. I know, there a lot of kids who play this game which is why as soon as someone on my friends list starts whining about something silly, they get the boot. I'm not your Mommy or Daddy, not my job to wipe your nose and tell you how wonderful you are.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
950
1. Me logging out for the time being unless I know you outside the game. I probably won't have any contact with you after that anyway, so what's the point? If we were questing together, you'll probably be a world ahead of me the next time I log on.

2. Asking for favours like buying you something with crowns or following your blog (unless I know you well enough).

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
62
1. Begging for crown items to be gifted.
2. Auto porting into fights, without even a "hello" first, then porting out after enemies have been added to a fight.
3. Asking 3-4 times to help with something even though I said I was in the middle of a dungeon and it would be a while. (srsly, why would someone think you are going to leave a dungeon just to help with a boss fight? drives me crazy)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
Tatiana Winterhear... on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
I've recently had a string of people booted from my list. I'm a bit strict when it comes to certain behavior and I'm curious to see what other people think is a defriendable offense. So please, let's start a list and compare notes. :)

1. Asking me to buy you something with crowns. Umm crowns cost money. Money costs me time and frustration at my job. Do you really think you are worth my time and frustration? Nope, booted from the list.

2. Starting weird fights with people in a dungeon over a trap. So sorry someone used your trap. That doesn't mean you should start an argument in the middle of a dungeon. Nor does it give you license to use pseudo foul language or to insult people. Even if your words are not directed at me, you still get booted from my list for such poor behavior and for causing such a hostile environment.

3. Expecting me to reciprocate your imagined feelings and then getting upset because I don't, I won't, and I can't. This is a game, anything that takes away from my enjoyment gets removed. So if you're gonna confess to me your silly little feelings after meeting me the day before and then get all sulky because I said I have no interest, <snicker> sayonara!

4. Whining. Seriously, I can't stand whining. I know, there a lot of kids who play this game which is why as soon as someone on my friends list starts whining about something silly, they get the boot. I'm not your Mommy or Daddy, not my job to wipe your nose and tell you how wonderful you are.
All of the above...
And on the Crowns issue, all it takes anymore is for someone just to ask me if I have Crowns and they get the boot. As far as I'm concerned, helping in the game does not extend past game-play... to expect me to buy you anything is presumptuous at best. If you ask if I have Crowns, and I answer yes, it's not rocket surgery to figure out what the next question will be.
Boot.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
206
1. Asking for a gift
2. Constantly asking for help often everyday even though I'm busy. (Often a lower level that I assume doesn't have much friends if they keep asking me)
3.Someone who hasn't been online forever, often someone I don't know well or I don't remember meeting.
4. Rude people
5. The quiet stalker that randomly ports constantly and asks to port when you turn it off for a reason and they won't stop asking. These are rare but they are usually menu chats. I don't have any menu chats on my list now. I often wonder when and how I met them.
6. The friend who flees during a battle or leaves during a dungeon on purpose but they're still online (to do other things)
7. I'm not likely to add the people who keep telling me what to do in battle like "heal me" (like I already know they need healing) or "wait, use that on me"

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
886
Getting on my friends list is usually incredibly difficult, getting the boot is with relative ease. I agree and enforce most of these suggestions.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
1. Asking for a gift will earn immediate removal, 1st offense, no exceptions.
2. If I say I'm busy, that doesn't mean ask me again in 15 seconds. It means NO, I'm busy. Porting into my home to tell me that taking care of my garden isn't being busy or to the Pavillion to say that pet training doesn't count as busy won't help you either. I'm busy means I'm doing something I'd rather be doing than helping you, period. If I say I'm busy and I'm looking at funny cat photos on the internet, I'M BUSY. Stop asking.
3. Porting into a battle without warning, adding more creatures for me to fight and then fleeing. If you're going to be rude and port without asking, at least clean up the mess you made doing it.
4. Telling me what to cast, or what I should have done. You asked me for help, be quiet and let me get it done without barking orders at me.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
206
These are also the reasons why people don't get on my list.

Historian
May 15, 2009
675
all of the above.

Oh and when you have random people starting arguments for no reason.

I once had someone on my list start harassing me verbally because he didn't like the gear I use on my storm character.
going to great lengths to tell me how bad I am at the game and so on and so forth.

that earned him a report, a removal from my list and a special place on my block list.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
12
1. Talking too much
2. Saying rude things about people without open chat (just because they can't see what you say doesn't make it any less rude!)
3. Repeatedly asking for crowns items after I told them no
4. Too many crude or insensitive jokes

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
seethe42 on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
1. Asking for a gift will earn immediate removal, 1st offense, no exceptions.
2. If I say I'm busy, that doesn't mean ask me again in 15 seconds. It means NO, I'm busy. Porting into my home to tell me that taking care of my garden isn't being busy or to the Pavillion to say that pet training doesn't count as busy won't help you either. I'm busy means I'm doing something I'd rather be doing than helping you, period. If I say I'm busy and I'm looking at funny cat photos on the internet, I'M BUSY. Stop asking.
3. Porting into a battle without warning, adding more creatures for me to fight and then fleeing. If you're going to be rude and port without asking, at least clean up the mess you made doing it.
4. Telling me what to cast, or what I should have done. You asked me for help, be quiet and let me get it done without barking orders at me.
#2 especially! There is NOTHING more important than looking at funny cat photos on the internet! Nothing! Period! (Well, except maybe watching videos of people falling down or bad driving in Russia)

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
120
01 when a person just keeps on telling me buy me this from the crown shop and i tell them no and then they start whining which never happen to me before but when it does i am going to do that
2 keeps on asking me to help them battle
3 randomly porting to me when i am in a battle a want you do by myself
4 keeps on saying mean words
5 people joining my fight most likely newbies when i told them not to then that makes me block them and no they were never my friend ( that was kinda off topic but i'm not changing this i just wanted to say that )

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
42
I agree with all of your examples, Tatiana!
Here are some more (that I use):
  1. Asking for Gifts/Crowns - Many others have stated this as one and it's a perfectly fine reason to remove someone. There's no reason that anyone (especially someone you don't "know") should use their real-life money for a simple thing such as crowns, which will be wasted in less than 24 hours.
  2. Spammers - Don't think for one second that I'm going to help you if you send me ten messages asking for the same thing. Once or twice is fine, but four times pushes the limit.
  3. Checking If I'm Really Busy - If you ask me to teleport or help you with something and I tell you that I'm busy, don't teleport to me only to say that what I'm doing is not a way of being occupied. If I'm busy, I'm busy. Nothing more, nothing less.
  4. Teleporting and Fleeing - This is also a common one amongst many others. If you teleport to me, whether it be a mob battle, a boss battle, or a dungeon, allowing more creatures to come into battle, do NOT tell me "Whoops, I teleported to the wrong person" and flee the battle. When you join a battle, you make a commitment. How could you be so rude to make things tougher for your friends because of your silly mistake?
  5. Bossing Around - I'm a Life Wizard. The common role between all Life Wizards is usually to heal. I get that. But don't use that as an excuse to tell me what I should and should not do. I could care less if your health reaches zero. If I'm not healing you, it's either that I don't have pips, don't have the cards, or I could be away from the computer.

These were some of my main reasons for deleting people, and I still have plenty, but the page would be too long if I listed them all!

- Marissa LifeBlossom
level 100

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
206
MarissatheFT on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
I agree with all of your examples, Tatiana!
Here are some more (that I use):
  1. Asking for Gifts/Crowns - Many others have stated this as one and it's a perfectly fine reason to remove someone. There's no reason that anyone (especially someone you don't "know") should use their real-life money for a simple thing such as crowns, which will be wasted in less than 24 hours.
  2. Spammers - Don't think for one second that I'm going to help you if you send me ten messages asking for the same thing. Once or twice is fine, but four times pushes the limit.
  3. Checking If I'm Really Busy - If you ask me to teleport or help you with something and I tell you that I'm busy, don't teleport to me only to say that what I'm doing is not a way of being occupied. If I'm busy, I'm busy. Nothing more, nothing less.
  4. Teleporting and Fleeing - This is also a common one amongst many others. If you teleport to me, whether it be a mob battle, a boss battle, or a dungeon, allowing more creatures to come into battle, do NOT tell me "Whoops, I teleported to the wrong person" and flee the battle. When you join a battle, you make a commitment. How could you be so rude to make things tougher for your friends because of your silly mistake?
  5. Bossing Around - I'm a Life Wizard. The common role between all Life Wizards is usually to heal. I get that. But don't use that as an excuse to tell me what I should and should not do. I could care less if your health reaches zero. If I'm not healing you, it's either that I don't have pips, don't have the cards, or I could be away from the computer.

These were some of my main reasons for deleting people, and I still have plenty, but the page would be too long if I listed them all!

- Marissa LifeBlossom
level 100
I TOTALLY agree with all of them, ESPECIALLY #5, that's one of the most annoying things about being a life wizard.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
98
Agree with everything that has already been mentioned above with the addition of:

Once I have been so generous and kind as to have hatched one of my good pets to help people out with their bad one, don't expect me to fix it over and over until it is a copy of mine. Pets take time, and lots of gold which I rarely have enough of. I put in too many crowns, time, and gold to make perfect pets and be thankful I hatched at all instead of getting mad at me cause it failed. I delete these so called friends.

Friends that ask to borrow my account so they can pvp get instant deletion and report. This has happened a couple of times in the past and it's an insult to think I would fall for it.

Ones that expect me on my max storm to help them all the time and do nothing in the fight except collect pips. Once it becomes an obvious pattern, I will delete these friends. (I do realise people can freeze or lose connection, that is why I said "once it becomes an obvious pattern" above).

People need to respect each other in this game and not demand anything at all from anyone. Be polite, and fair is all I ask.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2013
60
1. Asking me to buy them items
2. If my spell doesn't cast good/fizzle, they make fun of me (That's seriously just plain rude)
3. If they have not logged on in a long time

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
81
1- When a friend thinks he is op when he isn't.

2- When a friend insult my Noobs.

3- When a friend starts to jade in PvP.

4- When a friend give too much tips that are too op for my deck in PvP.

5- When a friend is too quiet (those guys who loves their rank and are too cool to answer me or even talk).

6- When a friend insult me for "spamming" loremaster on my balance (yes it should be banned from PvP but why not use it if most balance does)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
23
1. Asking for help and expecting me to drop everything I am doing right that second. These are common: "port", "HELP", or "I'm about to die!". It seems reasoning and a polite "I'm busy at the moment, but can help when ____" usually doesn't work so they get the boot after throwing a tantrum.

2. Asking to gift them crown store items. Automatic IGNORE list. No questions.

3. Persistent badgering, bullying, unsportsmanlike behavior, drama or just plain annoying.

4. People that are looking for a relationship. You'd be surprised how many kids as well as adults do this.

5. Begging to hatch with my pets all the time (unless I offer or am able).

6. Advising me on what spells to use/not use and that I am "doing ___ the wrong way". The worst culprit is players running into a battle with low health then saying "I need a heal". Ok, so heal yourself. Your crisis doesn't constitute as mine, we all prepare and play as a team.

7. People that ask for help with dungeons, etc. and don't do anything at all to help with a fight. I ignore them then port. I know some people can just have connection issues or real life things going on, so I give them benefit of the doubt first.

Scarlet Skullwhisper
Master of Death

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
66
Booting someone was very hard for me the first couple of times, but I recently purged my friends list; so it's easier now.
1. lecturing me on how, what, or where to fight. Unless you are at least 5 levels above me, and if you are please expect a sincere sarcastic yes sir/ma'am or some other form of formal address.
2. I call them Ghosts, those folks who must be on my friends list since they are using me to port into an area, but who never say, do, or in anyway communicate with me. If I catch them, I remove them.
3. If I have warned someone that I will remove them if a behavior is not stopped; even if that behavior was stopped but restated. I am pretty good at giving warning. I chat (some may feel too much so) and am clear about where I stand. (ex. Earthquake next round mind your traps) (ex. no fake cursing please, it will get you removed). Restart or continue a behavior and I will remove, regardless of your level or school.

My question back; who (no names please) was your hardest to remove?

Mine was the first, She seemed so nice and would invite me to join her, but then while we fought she would tell me all the things I should have, do, use, and she was half my level. I put her in ignore for three days before I had the nerve to remove her completely.

Squire
Aug 10, 2009
556
My big number one thing is porting to me with out asking... HATE that.. that is an instant boot. the second thing I hate almost just as much is asking for crown gifts.. that also is an instant boot..


Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
99
People who wish to go places in high advanced worlds like a lvl twenty wanting to fight loremaster. If their on my list. NO. Or if persistant I ask them why. If their not. I say calmly "Go home kid. I don't want to see you hurt." I mostly solo thats why my friends list is empty. I know that if either I or them will be a burden to me I leave them. Worst case for me was at big ben. A myth wizard was the last one into the fight. I took out meowiarty, and finished the place. He then asked me to do it all over again with him. If you're going to leave tell us before we fight. That way it doesent come to that.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
27
I have many, I dont really want to post all of them except one. That seems one person has said so far.

ONLINE DATING.

This is a Video Game, (Kids Game even!) You are never going to meet that person In Real Life. Do not try to date them or marry them in a video game. Everyone who does this makes me laugh, the person who is Fallon, or Kyle could be any age. They could be 9,14, even 34! (Yes adults do this, I have met one who wanted to date me. Course I deleted, reported, and ignored them.) This gets me so mad, Get over it its a video game. Oh my gosh.

Savannah DuskShard-100 Private (Death is bad at PVP :( :( :()
Savannah FrostShard-50 Warlord
Savannah LifeShard-80 Overlord (2300 Rating)

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
70
1. Asking For A Gift I Will Gift A Good Friend Like Amy MoonCloud72 Or Blaine ShadowCaster50
2. Foul Language/Racism/*odd* Comments Not Only Do You Get Removed But You Get Reported By Me.
3. Being Rude To Anybody I Don't Like When Someone Says Something Like Shot Up/Shut Op!

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
104
there is one annoying thing people beg you for when you are an ice wizard

its the fact that they beg you to put traps on the enemy and then they get mad when you just dont have them in your deck. The ice school is a defense school. I know that, but sometimes ice wizards dont have the traps in their deck or maybe they dont feel like wasting their cards on someone

taylor searider level 35 reply if you agree

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
I believe I am a little bit more lenient on some of these issues than other people.

1. If you ask for a gift, and I have known you for quite a while, I would not automatically kick you off. I would just say no. Now if you had issues accepting my decision and tried to argue or insult me over it, then of course, you are gone, my friend.
2. As for many other offenses people have listen, for the most part, I would warn my friend first. For instance, "I do not appreciate your foul language" or "I would like to do my own quests/farming, and I cannot help with yours. Please respect what help I do give" (as I am usually good with helping my friends about once or twice a day or two depending on what I am doing. Friends, even online, should have your back, and I do also believe that good will come around). Of course, backlash from these types of comments will result in a one more space on my list.
3. The one thing I really do not tolerate is when people decide to hit on me. I will tell you once that I do not have any interest in dating. If you disrespect that and try to continue to convince me on "dating" you, there will never be a second thought.

Anyways, that should sum up a little bit of how strictly I handle my friends. My biggest advice for everyone out there who has at least one friend on their list (which should hopefully cover everybody), please be respectful. It is so very important and really shows character.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

1