Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Unfair life pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2009
33
Unfair life pet
ok i got my new pet today and it gives me satyr i think it should give me rebirth like most other schools plz fix this

Madison Firetail lvl 48 life

Administrator
Re: Unfair life pet
Rebirth is the spell you LEARNED at level 48, not the one that came with your pet.


community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
164
Re: Unfair life pet
Um...other school pets do not come with their learned level 48 spells, so you shouldn't complain on that. I have at least one wizard in every school, two in some and one of those with two is Life.

Also still can't understand why people complain about this pet so much? Saytr is one of Life's most useful spells. I mean by the time you are a Grand and you are getting power pips like crazy it basically only costs you two pips to cast it and it's a really great heal, especially combined with Guiding Light and/or Sanctuary. I have to say it's my favorite heal of all healing spells as it costs little to cast and leaves you with plenty of pips to keep healing or attack throughout a battle. Rebirth is a wonderful spell too but does cost quite a bit to cast and I don't find myself needing to cast it quite as often, usually only use it in emergencies, like if my friends are really taking a huge pounding or if I am called into a battle late where everyone is in bad shape.

I am happy to have an extra Satyr card in my Life deck, through the pet, and this one heals for even more! It's definitely my most used heal, so any extra of this card is appreciated.

Things could always be worse, ya know...I mean look what Balance gets for their pet and the spell with it; Hydra, which only is really useful against balance enemies who shield all the time and you want to get rid of those shields. Sure Hydra can be used as a straight attack too but really look at all the set-up you have to do to make that thing hit well, and if your opponent happens to be an elemental creature then they will resist at least one head, which makes that thing even more weak than it is. I don't even keep that pet equipped most of the time on my Balance wizard, save for when fighting Balance. And, no, I am not worried on the lack of power pip increase from not having it equipped. My Balance wizard gets a good deal of power pips even without the pet, since she is a grand and has all her level 50 stuff and some crown gear that gives her more chance.

The only complaints I have on Life is that for ONE; I really wish the Sprite Minion NEVER attacked...she ruins way too many set-ups that way, and TWO; there should be at least one more attack given between Nature's Wrath and Seraph and that Seraph could and should be a little stronger than she is, maybe 50-100 more. Since Life doesn't get it's Life Blade until the end of the Krokosphinx, the time before that and before you even get Seraph is a really hard time for Life in solo battles. All you have to boost your attack is a trap or two...and the second one costs you a pip(which makes it take even longer to attack when you use this,) unless you have any blue cards from items...like say the Dragonblade, but those are usually few in your deck and if you got two opponents or more to fight it makes the battle really long when you have to hit them more than once. Once you get that blade and then are able to go buy the Spirit Blades it's like the difference between night and day on how hard you can attack.

And for any Ice wizards that want to say how you don't get your blade until 38...I know, I have a couple ice wizards too...lol. But remember that you have more actual attacks and you really can hit harder than Life does, also elemental schools can get the Elemental traps before the people who need Spirit traps.


Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Re: Unfair life pet
Only 1 of the school gets its Rank 7 spell from their pet. Almost all of them give their rank 6 spells, like Hydra, Wraith, Colossus, and Helephant. Myth gets Orthrus (rank 7), Storm gets Stormzilla (rank 5), and Life gets Satyr (rank 4).

I think Myth gets Orthrus because Orthrus is the only spell that is single target.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
73
Re: Unfair life pet
I think what this young one is trying to say professor is that compared to other Schools of magic this lvl 48 pet seems a bit weak. I would agree with him/her and would like to say the only reason I use him is because I like the extra 5% power pip! Other then that it is kinda weak. Just my opinion!

Matthew LifeGiver lvl 50 Life Wizard 4 life!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
21
Re: Unfair life pet
The Satyr pet comes with a satyr card. I heard rumors that it originally came with a unicorn card. (ICK!) But that was only a programming error and was quickly fixed.

When my storm wizard got her pet. Stormzilla. It came with a ... you guessed it... a Stormzilla card. NOT a Storm Lord card.

Like wise for all the other schools. The pet you get carries that card.

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
Re: Unfair life pet
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Rebirth is the spell you LEARNED at level 48, not the one that came with your pet.


That is true, but lets examine the other school pets
stormzilla/helephant/colosus/hydra/wraith/and i forget myth
but why can`t we get a centuar or a woodwalker?

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
274
Re: Unfair life pet
It doesn't work like that.

Storm- Stormzilla
Ice- Colossus
Fire- Helephant
Myth- Orthrus ( I don't think it's fair though that Myth get's there level 48 spell, they shouldn't get EarthQuake )
Life- Satyr
Balance- Hydra
Death- Wraith


Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Re: Unfair life pet
I'm sorry, what is your problem!? all of the other level 48 school pets give what they are. Why should life be any different?

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
Re: Unfair life pet
thunderbird120 wrote:
I'm sorry, what is your problem!? all of the other level 48 school pets give what they are. Why should life be any different?



Yes but they are asking to change the pet ALTOGETHER. I wouldn't mind this, as i have a life grandmaster. I would rather have a dryad or a rebirth but i am not quite sure how the rebirth would work, oh and by the way the rumors are true, the satyr pet used to give Unicorn.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
4
Re: Unfair life pet
Proman1355 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:
I'm sorry, what is your problem!? all of the other level 48 school pets give what they are. Why should life be any different?



Yes but they are asking to change the pet ALTOGETHER. I wouldn't mind this, as i have a life grandmaster. I would rather have a dryad or a rebirth but i am not quite sure how the rebirth would work, oh and by the way the rumors are true, the satyr pet used to give Unicorn.


well i believe that a centaur would be a lot better than a dryad. and rebirth would exactly fit right lol. the myth pet should give earthquake and the storm pet should be changed to triton and give triton. but seriously. Satyr for a life pet? it needs to be changed. centaur would be much better considering the fact that we cant hit very hard.

Aaron lifemancer level 48 life Destroyer of teddy bears

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
593
Re: Unfair life pet
For the people complaining about orthrus the pet and also to kitty
ALL the pets were supposed to be thier lvl 42 spell but they cant make a eartquake or sanctuary pet. But to all the unreasonable people complaining about orthrus being the only lvl 48 spell deal with it you all get some super strong spell that one hit kills everything while life and myth wizards get some pathetic card.(i only say earthquake is pathetic is because of damage and sanctuary because most of my life friends got rid of sanctuary)

Also Mike what do you mean by "I don't think it's fair though that Myth get's there level 48 spell, they shouldn't get EarthQuake" That us myth people aren't allowed a lvl 42 spell OR A LVL 48 PET I mean earthquake is like a pvp move the only reason i use earthquake is because its a attack all foe spell.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
593
Re: Unfair life pet
coolalex144 wrote:
Proman1355 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:
I'm sorry, what is your problem!? all of the other level 48 school pets give what they are. Why should life be any different?



Yes but they are asking to change the pet ALTOGETHER. I wouldn't mind this, as i have a life grandmaster. I would rather have a dryad or a rebirth but i am not quite sure how the rebirth would work, oh and by the way the rumors are true, the satyr pet used to give Unicorn.


well i believe that a centaur would be a lot better than a dryad. and rebirth would exactly fit right lol. the myth pet should give earthquake and the storm pet should be changed to triton and give triton. but seriously. Satyr for a life pet? it needs to be changed. centaur would be much better considering the fact that we cant hit very hard.

Aaron lifemancer level 48 life Destroyer of teddy bears
Dude stormzilla is strong enough already why does myth be forced to have a terrible damage move that barely is useful for ANY world and trition gets an even stronger move. And 2 reasons i disagree with trition by ALL means:

1. WAY more overpowered than stormzilla
2. trition is a FISH, wouldn't it i dont know, DIE ON THE GROUND(didnt you notice all the water before trition comes out)

And you saud your a life wizard what do you know aout myth's damage? i mean you get centaur+blade=700 damage and orthrus is the strongest lvl 48 spell why do we need earthquake? it barely does any damage even with a blade!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
20
Re: Unfair life pet
i am a level 40 life mage and i seriously hope admin doesn't change the life pet because of a person that has a life mage, yet thinks that life's power is in killing! excuse me, but power is not, always distructive, nor does it have to be.

if you are one of the whiners that wishes to hit harder ten pick a different school in the first place! i have been told by some of my friends who are now grand masters that they could not have made it there without me. as a 16th level they thought i was powerful enough to call me into places like dragonspyre and ravenscar. even though i could not hit hard, i kept them alive...and i have earned their respect. no other school of magic has that kind of power...not even those who take life as a second school can pull off a unicorn at a low level and bring back a party of 3 40 + level mages then proceed to completely turn the tide on a battle...those life mages who do not understand just how powerful bringing back the dead is, do not know what they are doing as a life student, and should really rethink their choice of magic school. i am tired of the whiners! if ya don't like healing, quit and make another wizard! stop trying to mess things up for those who appreciate the power to bring back the dead in the heat of battle! leave my school alone, and hush!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
1
Re: Unfair life pet
kiania wrote:
i am a level 40 life mage and i seriously hope admin doesn't change the life pet because of a person that has a life mage, yet thinks that life's power is in killing! excuse me, but power is not, always distructive, nor does it have to be.

if you are one of the whiners that wishes to hit harder then pick a different school in the first place! i have been told by some of my friends who are now grandmasters that they could not have made it there without me. as a 16th level they thought i was powerful enough to call me into places like dragonspyre and ravenscar. even though i could not hit hard, i kept them alive...and i have earned their respect. no other school of magic has that kind of power...not even those who take life as a second school can pull off a unicorn at a low level and bring back a party of 3 40 + level mages then proceed to completely turn the tide on a battle...those life mages who do not understand just how powerful bringing back the dead is, do not know what they are doing as a life student, and should really rethink their choice of magic school. i am tired of the whiners! if ya don't like healing, quit and make another wizard! stop trying to mess things up for those who appreciate the power to bring back the dead in the heat of battle! leave my school alone, and hush!


I completely agree; those of you who think that being a life mage is all about attacking, not healing, i mean no offense but that's stupid. Life ppl are healers, not killers. They are THE most important mage on the battlefield, not in attacking, but in healing. My cousin, who btw is a grand fire, couldn't have got there without my or some other life mage's help! I don't believe that Wizard101 Administration should change the life pet because, as someone else said earlier in this discussion thread, Satyr is a very useful spell. If they did, I would be very :( :( :( because Satyr is one of the most useful life spells in the game. For those of different schools who took life as their second, and just so everyone knows, when life ppl complete unicorn way they get fairy not pixie. Fairy is better because it can heal anyone, not just yourself, and it heals 420 health not 400. This relates to Satyr being useful because, like fairy, it can be used on anyone on your side of the battlefield. And since the Satyr pet gives you a card that heals more than normal satyr at same pip cost , It is much better. Also said earlier, Satyr is also useful because using it instead of rebirth or dryad saves you pips so you can heal more or attack next turn. And just because life mages are healers DOESN'T mean we can't defend ourselves in solo or group battles.

Astrologist
May 22, 2009
1104
Re: Unfair life pet
I am a Grandmaster of Life. I love my satyr. I lost count of all the times he saved me or a team member during a boss battle.

I have played other schools and have grandmasters in Fire and Balance. Life is by far my favorite.

In a previous post, someone stated if people don't like the damage life does they should play another school. I AGREE. I do not agree that life is weak. With the right buffs, (life trap, life blade, spirit blade, and spirit trap) I can do considerable damage and if the enemy is death or life with a prism, the damage is massive.

On a final note, it is important to remember, the moment a life wizard heals his team, you may as well painted a bullseye on their forehead because that is what the enemies will focus on. This has happened to me too many times to count. When that happens, you will be very thankful for your satyr pet!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
834
Re: Unfair life pet
nebrie wrote:
The Satyr pet comes with a satyr card. I heard rumors that it originally came with a unicorn card. (ICK!) But that was only a programming error and was quickly fixed.

When my storm wizard got her pet. Stormzilla. It came with a ... you guessed it... a Stormzilla card. NOT a Storm Lord card.

Like wise for all the other schools. The pet you get carries that card.

yes it was a satyr but gave a powered up unicorn card