Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

True to your school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2011
I see many posts about the advantages and disadvantages of the various schools and many players have multiple wizards. However, I was wondering, how many of you ally yourself with one school? What is the one school, you consider "your" school or are you favorable to all of them? Myself, I have tried other schools(currently working on a Fire and Balance wiz) but will ALWAYS be a Necromancer at heart!!! The Death school was my first wizard and is in my opnion the BEST school! Nothing will ever change my mind! Black and white forever!!!! ;) What do you all say?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Mine is Life, she forgave me as I learned the game with her and was kind and did not let me get defeated very often, she helped the good friends I had until they moved on to other things, she soloed if she had to so I could keep advancing in the game. At level 40 I gave her the help of a Fierce Hound and Miss Zoe was by her side until Forest Lord could take over. The struggle to get by with only one hit spells, learning how to choose gear and set up an efficient deck all were practiced on this wizard. So as the other wizards I make come and go she stays as my accomplished wizard that has done it all and survived.

My Death wizard which I did next was the most fun, after learning from my Life wizard mistakes I made her powerful early on and found I could solo or at least need only one other wizard to get though the entire game, she became a tank, I could mow everything down in short order and never got defeated doing it.

As I bring other wizards though the game my Life is the one helped me do this.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
i love all the schools. My favorites however are storm and death, mostly storm! I never train in any other school but the tri blades and astral spells. I believe school loyalty is important, well to me anyways you guys have your own freedom to do whatever you please.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have all the schools and I find they all have their pluses and minuses. My myth was my first wizard. She's the first one into any new world and I find she has the most trouble just for that fact.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I've played all 7 schools, and my highest-level wiz is a transcended sorcerer... but I will always be a Storm wizard at heart... with a bit of Death thrown in, because I'm evil and will make you all my slaves!

*cough*

I mean... uh, have a cookie.

-

Ironically, I deleted my first Storm wiz... I just couldn't handle the constant fizzling and, when Emma was beaten by Melweena Smite at level 17, it was the last straw. But then, I decided to give it another chance and created Sestiva, who is now level 48; though she has her moments, she's getting better at the whole not-fizzling thing. :)

My necromancer, Valerian, has been through some trying times~ especially in Celestia... but I've definitely been in the moment with him, all the way through. He's now level 61, and will be heading to Zafaria shortly...

Tavia, my magus theurgist, is a close third, after Sestiva and Val; she's definitely developed an interesting personality, and I can't wait to see where things go as she levels.

I eventually bonded with my sorceress, though that relationship has had its ups and downs... She was my first wizard, and I'm really not a good fit for Balance, so it took a while to figure things out. Dealing with her got easier after level 60~ she lucked out with WW gear, coasted through Zafaria with almost no help, and maxed out before she completed Avalon (waiting on cap-increase before she takes a crack at Morganthe, LOL).

I haven't yet bonded with my other wizards (Ice, Myth, and Fire), but I'm not sure why (yet).

El Veeb

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I have multiple wizards, but my first and favorite school will always be ice! :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
AstroStorm has it right. The school loyalty is important. I would not be playing a school unless I was had some sort of emotional attachment to it.

There is only one instance in which this changed, for me. That was for Myth. I am still deeply attached to Myth for my own underlying reason, whether people agree or not. Gameplay forcibly alters my opinions and playstyle with Myth, and therefore Myth ends up being my least played character.

Storm is one of my favorites. My soul is Storm.

But I have one school that surpasses them all. That is Life. Life, in my opinion, although that role has been lessened quite a bit (as was attempted to explain in other posts on this thread), is the most powerful school that I can imagine.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
My very first wizard was Myth. She just got stuck at level 50 or so, so I deleted her. My 'replacement' wizard was Ice. She is level 64 and working on Zafaria.
I love Ice. I have two accounts and an Ice wizard on each. While I like Death a lot as well, Ice will always be my favorite.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I am definitely a Theurgist at heart, and it was no surprise to me that my first wizard's quiz results tagged her as a Theurgist. My life roles IRL are very similar to the characteristics of a Theurgist. My aesthetic values are very much oriented to Theurgy. Green is my favorite color, and the color of my eyes...

But I also have a little Fire in me IRL, I am a Leo. (as you may see from my posts :) My Pyromancer, Scarlet Ravensong, is also a Theurgist, with the life mastery amulet and crafted gear for fire/life magic.

My 6th wizard, Taryn Earthsinger, is a Theurgist with Pyromancy as her second school.

I love my death, myth, and balance wizards, but Life and Fire are my favorites

Qbb/Fiery Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I've played as all the schools (except life), and found that balance was the best school for me to play as.

However, ice will always have a place in my heart. It was my first school and i've created several ice wizards on previous accounts. It may be offensively weak, but it's the best school in my opinion.

Wolf Silverblade

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Shiningfantasia wrote:
AstroStorm has it right. The school loyalty is important. I would not be playing a school unless I was had some sort of emotional attachment to it.

There is only one instance in which this changed, for me. That was for Myth. I am still deeply attached to Myth for my own underlying reason, whether people agree or not. Gameplay forcibly alters my opinions and playstyle with Myth, and therefore Myth ends up being my least played character.

Storm is one of my favorites. My soul is Storm.

But I have one school that surpasses them all. That is Life. Life, in my opinion, although that role has been lessened quite a bit (as was attempted to explain in other posts on this thread), is the most powerful school that I can imagine.

When you show loyalty you get rewarded, and having no other school spells to distract me, i can focus on storm and use it's power anytime.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, I have all 7 schools. 12 characters total.

I have currently 2 life, 2 death, 2 myth, 2 ice, 2 fire, 1 storm, 1 balance.

However, I have mixed and matched this. Used to have 2 balance, 2 storm, 1 myth, 1 death, 2 ice, 2 fire, 2 life.

What is my favorite school? I really can't say. I love myth, life, fire, death, ice, and storm.

So, I guess I could say, my least favorite is Balance. Don't get me wrong, balance is awesome and can be extremely powerful, too powerful in fact. Maybe this is why they are my least favorite?

Connecting with each school and knowing what it can do and how to be totally effective in that school helps create a bond with that school and a love for playing that character.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Mine would be Ice. I've always like ice and cold in fantasy games and stories, ice castles and the frozen north and all that. My ice guy is stuck right now and I'm trying other stuff, but I do like that one better then the others.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Balance is fun, and a good challenge, but I do love Necromancy. Lots of fun there.

My least favorite is....Myth. I feel like I should get more from investing my time in Myth. It's probably great as a main school (I have yet to create a Myth Wizard) but as a secondary school it really doesn't work.

Hm.. This turned out being a short comment. It is kind of early though.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
When I was little, I started out with Ice and absolutely LOVED it . Then, I started creating new characters and trying out other schools. I like them all(My least favorite being Myth), but I will forever at heart be a Thaumaturge 8). My second favorite is Life, though.

See you in the Spiral,

Richard Ghostrider Level 70 Ice Wizard

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
mines balance. paid a lot in crowns for it. long story. dont wanna bore you with the long story

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
I'm a Master Storm wizard, but being a Storm I have less health than most players. So I chose to be a Storm and Life wizard, to heal myself and my friends.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I used to be Ice for a bit, until people said that Balance was the weakest school. I tried it out, got level 5 crowns gear at level 8, and then Balance was my favorite school from then on. I also like Death and Fire, but Balance is my top.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
i consider myself ice as that fits my personality best but i usually play life combos my account is rarely without a ice wizard though

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Survivor
Aug 21, 2011
I'm a fire and balance but I shall always be just a Pyromancer at heart! I love the DoT.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
My first character is Myth. When I turned Lvl 60 I made 5 other characters. A Fire, Storm, Life, Death and a Balannce wizards. My storm is Lvl 7 my Myth is Lvl 65 and the rest are Lvl 1s!
Anyway, I may have other wizards that are not Conjurers, but am still a Myth at heart! CONJURERS ROCK!

Samuel GhostHunter Legendary Myth
And many others! xD

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Life will always be my favorite, my life wizard is the most successful out of all of my wizards.

LIFE ALL THE WAY!!!!! XD

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Go Storm! I have made many mistakes and I honestly believe that through them all she has been faithful. (Why just today I accidentally led her against a 2,800 Storm boss and she still came out alive.)